NBA: 2017-2018 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 179 comments
Let's start a new month of NBA basketball! But before we do, let's see how everybody is doing so far. So here is your NBA standings rundown (Source: Yahoo! Sports)...

--- EASTERN CONFERENCE ---
ATLANTIC: Boston (19-4), TOR (13-7), PHI (12-9), NY (11-10), BKN (8-13)
CENTRAL: Detroit (14-6), CLE (15-7), MIL (11-9), IND (12-10), CHI (3-17)
SOUTHEAST: Washington (11-10), MIA (10-11), ORL (9-13), CHA (8-12), ATL (4-17)
CURRENT EAST PLAYOFFS: BOS, DET, CLE, TOR, PHI, MIL, IND, WAS

--- WESTERN CONFERENCE ---
PACIFIC: Golden State (16-6), LAC (8-12), LAL (8-13), PHX (8-15), SAC (6-15)
SOUTHWEST: Houston (17-4), SA (14-7), NO (11-10), MEM (7-13), DAL (5-17)
NORTHWEST: Minnesota and Portland (13-9 each), DEN (12-9), UTA (11-11), OKC (8-12)
CURRENT WEST PLAYOFFS: HOU, GS, SA, MIN, POR, DEN, NO, UTA

Enjoy this weekend's games, NBA fans! Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

Surprisingly good:
>pelicans in playoff hunt

Surprisingly bad:
>every journalist still saying Cousins leaving in FA regardless of team record

b r u h :lol:

Yeah man, he's going to join the Warriors, clearly.:P

THIS JUST IN (and speaking of the Warriors)...

Steph Curry of the Golden State Warriors will be on the shelf for two weeks with an ankle injury suffered during a recent game. So the Warriors' offense is going to take quite a hit.

As for tonight's games, good luck to your favorite teams.

What do you guys think of Wiggins? I feel that he somehow is a very decent player 20-3-3 but will never be regarded as a real star.
There have been 20p average guys before where one felt the just don't really click. Monta Ellis for example.

Also, KDs antics as of late indicate to me that he still has the monkey on his shoulder because he does not get the kind of appreciation after winning his ring that he envisioned. Everyone is more like "Yeah, sure, it was a no brainer, now lets move on." And he is really mad about it i think, because he knows there is some truth to it. Compared to the Cav's ring a year before, the last Warriors one is like eating a very good looking meal which tastes bland.

Tbh the worst ones are Cavs fans:

Hurr durr Tristan Thompson plus Nets 1st round can get us Cousins

They've taken over from Boston fans, who prior to the Kyrie trade thought that the Celtics would get AD for particularly nothing. Like NOLA were just busting to get rid of him. :lol:

Also, Cousins with 40pts, 22 boards, 4 assists and 4 blocks in the win over Denver today. Beast.

They've taken over from Boston fans, who prior to the Kyrie trade thought that the Celtics would get AD for particularly nothing. Like NOLA were just busting to get rid of him. :lol:

Also, Cousins with 40pts, 22 boards, 4 assists and 4 blocks in the win over Denver today. Beast.

Bruh idk what’s worse, cavs or Celtics fans :lol:

Hope the beast stays in the bayou and we resign him

What's new in Rockets Land? Well, we won our 20th game of the season last night at the Portland Trail Blazers 124-117. Portland gave the Rockets all they can handle and then some. I knew they weren't going to go away. The game was tied at 62 at the half. We are now 20-4 on the season. The Houston Rockets will now have a seven-game homestand starting Monday night when we host the New Orleans Pelicans. The home stand includes New Orleans, Charlotte, San Antonio, Milwaukee, Utah, Los Angeles Lakers, and Los Angeles Clippers. Next road game will be at the Oklahoma City Thunder on Christmas Day. Oh, and did I mention we've won nine or so straight games currently?

Here are some Rockets stats I read on Yahoo! Sports. We are 9th in the NBA in field goal percentage (46.8%), 12th in 3-point percentage (36.7%), 2nd in Points scored (114 ppg), and 13th in total rebounds (44.2 RPG). All I know is that the Rockets are bonkers. They are will only be the best team if they (or any other team) can down Golden State, and especially in the Playoffs.

Hopefully your favorite teams are doing well.

The New Orleans Pelicans did give my Rockets all they could handle. Fortunately for Houston, they pulled it out against the boys from New Orleans. Pelicans are going to be a tough out. They aren't going to be the Southwest Division doormat.

The New Orleans Pelicans did give my Rockets all they could handle. Fortunately for Houston, they pulled it out against the boys from New Orleans. Pelicans are going to be a tough out. They aren't going to be the Southwest Division doormat.

Stuttering offense in the 4th quarter is killing us, AD and Boogie can only do so much.

Just imagine how many decent players we could have if Asik wasn’t signed to that horrid contract :lol:

What a horrible night for a curse. The Rockets' second-longest winning streak in franchise history ends at 14 thanks to a 122-116 win by the Los Angeles Lakers. I got to hand it to the Lakers. They basically played the Rockets the way the Rockets would play the Lakers. Kyle Kuzma was freaking beast tonight. Lonzo Ball was baller tonight also. It almost felt like the Rockets and Lakers switched jerseys. Chris Paul III had to leave the game with a knee injury. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and Clint Capela were out for Houston before the game. Still- it was almost like watching the 2017 Houston Texans as far as a banged up team is concerned.

Anyhow- Rockets' streak ends at 14. Damn shame... unless you're a Lakers fan. Not a good night in downtown Houston tonight.

Congratulations to all other winners from tonight's games.

From 14 straight wins... to back-to-back losses. The Houston Rockets will try to bounce back on Christmas night at Oklahoma City to begin a three-game road trip. We're still okay for now- a 25-6 record and leading the Southwest Division of the Western Conference.

No games on for Christmas Eve, but the hardwood will be active again on Christmas Day. So get psyched for the Christmas games! How are your favorite teams doing?

If you think there is no greater gift to give than the gift of basketball, then thank the National Basketball Association for giving you not one, but these five games for your viewing pleasure:

* PHI 76ers at NYK Knicks
* CLE Cavaliers at GS Warriors
* WAS Wizards at BOS Celtics
* HOU Rockets at OKC Thunder
* MIN Timberwolves at LAL Lakers

Enjoy some Christmas basketball!

From 14 straight wins... to now five straight losses. We're stuck on 26 wins after getting dominated at the Washington Wizards. The 2017 part of the 2017-2018 season ends on New Year's Eve when we host the Los Angeles Lakers.

Typical Houston sports futility here, but I'm hoping your team(s) is/are doing well.

The Houston Rockets won 148-142 over the visiting Los Angeles Lakers in a game that needed two Overtimes to finish. James Harden had a hamstring injury that took him out of the game. The rest of the Rockets still stepped up and motored away to a victory in a physical game. This win snaps the Rockets' five-game losing streak.

Congratulations to all other winners from tonight's games. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, basketball fans! With today being the new year, it is time to take a look at how the season is looking so far for all of the NBA teams. So here is a standings update. Find your favorite team(s):

--- EASTERN CONFERENCE ---
ATLANTIC: Boston (30-10), TOR (24-10), NY (18-18), PHI (17-19), BKN (13-23)
CENTRAL: Cleveland (24-12), DET (20-15), MIL (19-15), IND (19-18), CHI (13-23)
SOUTHEAST: Washington (21-16), MIA (19-17), CHA (13-23), ORL (12-25), ATL (10-26)
CURRENT EAST PLAYOFF TEAMS (seeds 1-8): BOS, TOR, CLE, DET, WAS, MIL, MIA, IND

--- WESTERN CONFERENCE ---
PACIFIC: Golden State (29-8), LAC (16-19), PHX (14-24), SAC (12-24), LAL (11-24)
SOUTHWEST: Houston (26-9), SA (25-12), NO (18-18), DAL (13-25), MEM (12-25)
NORTHWEST: Minnesota (23-14), OKC (20-17), DEN (19-17), POR (18-17), UTA (16-21)
CURRENT WEST PLAYOFF TEAMS (seeds 1-8): GS, HOU, SA, MIN, OKC, DEN, POR, NO

The playoffs aren't decided in January, but you still have to keep playing hard to make sure your team has a chance to play in the playoffs come April. So stay in the fight!

Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

The hamstring injury to James Harden will keep him out of action for at least two weeks. So the Houston Rockets will need to make due without the MVP candidate. The Rockets' are on a back-to-back. Their next game is a quick one-game road trip at the Orlando Magic tomorrow followed by a quick stop back in Houston to host the Golden State Warriors. They then hit the road for a two-game Midwestern tour at Detroit on Saturday and then at Chicago the following Monday.

We are currently 26-9 on the season, 2nd place in the Western Conference and still leading the Southwest Division of the Western Conference.

Hope your team(s) is/are doing well.

Have any teams or players surprised you this season? What teams and players do you think are underrated? I hope you all are enjoying the 2017-2018 season. The scene has been pretty quiet here in discussing this season.

As for my Rockets, we might need James Harden to recover quicker because we're kind of on the skids and not as powerful. We're at Chicago tonight to conclude this two-game road trip to the Midwest.

Have any teams or players surprised you this season? What teams and players do you think are underrated? I hope you all are enjoying the 2017-2018 season. The scene has been pretty quiet here in discussing this season.

Jrue Holiday’s ability to play off the ball next to Rondo, and Darius Miller’s shooting for my Pels.

Trevor Ariza and Gerald Green suspended two games for their post-game involvement after the HOU at LAC game back on Monday. The Houston Rockets lost 113-102 at the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday in a chippy game. Safe to say we're going to take a hit here offensively. Our next two games are at home- Thursday against Minnesota, and Saturday against Golden State.

Milwaukee needs a new head coach. Jason Kidd was fired as coach of the Bucks. I don't think anyone saw this coming. But- that's life.

Not sure why they’d fire him now, would be a great coaching position to go into though since the Bucks are trending upwards.

Pelicans held on to record a nice win over the Rockets but their season is done. DeMarcus Cousins has reportedly torn his left achilles’ tendon and is done for the rest of the season.

Don't remind me of our latest fail. The Rockets fought hard to come back from 20+ points down at the New Orleans Pelicans. Sadly, we failed. Bitter sweet win for the Pelicans. Still- well played.

Pelicans held on to record a nice win over the Rockets but their season is done. DeMarcus Cousins has reportedly torn his left achilles’ tendon and is done for the rest of the season.

Oh man sucks he went down, hoping he resigns in free agency.

The injury curse is real in New Orleans

I was poking around on Twitter when I read that Blake Griffin reportedly has been traded from the Los Angeles Clippers to the Detroit Pistons. Detroit may have just gotten a bit more dangerous. Welcome to MoTown, Blake Griffin!

Back