• Thread starter AJ
  • 104 comments

AJ

Premium
United Kingdom
UK [UTC+1]
GTP_AJ
GTP AJ
I am pleased to announce that NERDS 1.3 will add basic compatibility with Project Cars on both PS4 and PC platforms. In order to assess the feasibility of using these new platforms for both; select announced, and as yet unannounced 2016 Endurance Series Events, we will be running a test event this weekend, in a similar vain to the 2014 GTPlanet Bathurst 12 Hour. Welcome to the 2015 GTPlanet 12h Epilog Brno on PS4 & Project Cars.

12bposter.png

EVENT INFOMATION

- Event Schedule

Saturday 12th December 2015
08:00 - Lobby Open
08:30 - Grid Open
08:57 - Parade Lap at 100kph/62mph
09:00 - Race Start (01h00m lobby time)
21:00 - Race End (13h00m lobby time)

- Entry List

(TEAM NAME - CAR - DRIVER 1 - DRIVER 2 - DRIVER 3 - DRIVER 4 - DRIVER 5)

SPX
01 - Scuderia AJ Paganihaus - Pagani Zonda R - @AJ (GTP_AJ)
A6 - GT3
46 - Fuente Reaper Online Racing - Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - @rclark83 (rclark83) - @Glenalz81 (Glen-Alz-81)
83 - NVIDIA Top Notch Racing - BMW Z4 GT3 - @TeamEdge702 (CJBMX702) - @123yokomo (robertlm89) - @TNR_5zigen (TNR_5zigen)
84 - HTP Bentley Experience - Bentley Continental GT3 - @Beau Albert (OnTheApex6Albert) - @Pedroeol
SP3 - GT4
37 - Previdi Team Australia - Ginetta G50 - @TDZdave (TDZ-4-12-14088) - @ItzRacing (ItzRacing) - @pykey4 (pykeybraa145) - @Pubs16 (UNC_Pubs16)
45 - Glertstone Turtle Racing League - Aston Martin Vantage GT4 - @littleregret265 (littleregret265) - @Schmiggz (schmiggz) - @CaptTrueblood (littleregret265) - @Henry Godfrey (littleregret265)

REGULATIONS

- Sporting Regulations
- The Series' 2015 Sporting Regulations will be used where relevant and applicable.
- During the Event, Voice Chat should only be used in place of the text messages you would normally used on GT6.
- The grid will be set by the Race Director.
- Stint Photos should be recorded as screen captures using the 'Share' button. Please configure your PS4 so that Screen Captures can be taken by just pressing the button once at any time.
- Example Stint Photos;

A - taken when you load to your garage.
B - taken in your pit box every time you are in your pit box.
C - taken after your final 'B' photo.

JOIN.jpg PIT.jpg LEAVE.jpg

- Lobby Settings

image.jpeg

- Eligible Car List;

SPX (1xPER CAR)
• 2012 Pagani Zonda R

A6 - GT3 (1xPER CAR)
• 2013 Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3
• 2013 Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3
• 2013 Bentley Continental GT3
• 2012 BMW Z4 GT3
• 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

SP3 - GT4 (1xPER CAR)
• 2012 Aston Martin Vantage GT4
• 2012 BMW M3 E92 GT4
• 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302R1
• 2013 Ginetta G50 GT4

SP2 (3xPER CAR)
• 2013 Ginetta G40 Junior

A2 (3xPER CAR)
• 2013 Renault Clio IV RS Cup

BROADCAST ARCHIVE

- The Event will not be broadcast.
- Drivers are encouraged to test PS4 native streaming capabilities if they consider their Network Connection to be strong enough not to impact their Lobby Connection.

RACE RESULTS

- Provisional Classification

Stint Photo procedure added to OP;

AJ
- Example Stint Photos;

A - taken when you load to your garage.
B - taken in your pit box every time you are in your pit box.
C - taken after your final 'B' photo.

I wont be competing, wish everyone good luck however!
Just bare in mind Aj the current glitch in patch 6.0 with GT3 cars tyres having a temperture glitch, allowing tyres to overheat very easily. Im a fairly smooth driver, but as much of my Raceonoz league has found out, keeping temperatures down in any car bar the Mclaren and RUF is near impossible. Our 1hr GT3 series is no longer a flat out sprint, now left resorting to 1-2 stop strategies.
The renault sport DLC comes out on the 22nd, prior history says updates come a week before dlcs. Is it worth waiting for this to be patched around the 15th?

Can we get some more information regarding driving aids available and lobby settings please?

I really want to do this race, but I don't have a PS4 and neither Project Cars yet. :(

keeping temperatures down in any car bar the Mclaren and RUF is near impossible

Thanks for the heads up. I was aware of this but not that 2 cars seem to be less affected. Perhaps it would be best to prohibit those 2.

Is it worth waiting for this to be patched around the 15th?

No, this factor is not detrimental to the purpose of the event.

Can we get some more information regarding driving aids available and lobby settings please?

No(this currently affects broadcast viewing options). Yes. Yes. No. Full Damage. No. Real. Real. Yes. On. Yes.

AJ
No(this currently affects broadcast viewing options). Yes. Yes. No. Full Damage. No. Real. Real. Yes. On. Yes.

It states in the OP that the event isn't being broadcasted, and it appears you are broken?

@AJ are screen shots for the stint photos the only option we have? Or can we still take stint photos with our phones?

Last edited:
@AJ are screen shots for the stint photos the only option we have? Or can we still take stint photos with our phones?

You can do both if you like, but I would like us to test PS4's native screen capturing and sharing functionality.

For T500 users, you just need to keep a DS4 nearby and plugged into power.

Same here was always planning a later move to PS4 - obviously a little disappointed that I won't be taking part - but I was hoping to watch it, gutted that there is no broadcast as they're always a really good watch :banghead:

The PC version of Project Cars doesn't happen to have online servers shared with the PS4 version does it?

Otherwise we will not be taking part. :guilty:

Looks like Team BRR isn't going to be attending at this stage, whilst we are slowly building up our next gen equipment, we aren't all quite there just yet. Shame, but best of luck to those competing.

@AJ, with the screenshot pictures, do we extract them to USB then upload them to you or is there a way of us getting them to you via the console?

If anybody needs a driver/would like to team up, send me a PM. I'll be available at all times :).

Id have thought that this being the first beta race of next gen with such a large car list we would have been flooded with entries,

Is there going to be a PC equivalent race at some point?

Yes, if there is demand, however everything we want to test can be done on PS4.

@ everyone - PM me if you are interested in PC events.

Looks like Team BRR isn't going to be attending at this stage, whilst we are slowly building up our next gen equipment, we aren't all quite there just yet. Shame, but best of luck to those competing.
If anybody needs a driver/would like to team up, send me a PM. I'll be available at all times :).

Would you guys like to team up for this event?

Im up for this if @Glenalz81 is?? I could even do a twitch stream for @rono_thomas to follow the reapers! :)
Yeah i'm up for it, the mrs is working a double though so i'll be dealing with the kids inbetween.Was gonna tag you here the other day Clarky but didn't think you'd be up for it. :P

Happy to go as a 2man? You would be doing multiple driver changes each, so that would be some good data.

@AJ, with the screenshot pictures, do we extract them to USB then upload them to you or is there a way of us getting them to you via the console?

You can send them directly from your PS4 to me via PSN messaging.

Don't want to be a stickler, but don't you think this would get more interest in the pCARS forum? We are still in the GT6 section of the website after all. Best of luck to everyone competing, I'm still stuck with my PS3 and DS3 for now.

Don't want to be a stickler, but don't you think this would get more interest in the pCARS forum?

Invites have been sent out and further entries are welcome, however as this is a test event, data collected by those who have experience competing in the Series over the past couple of years will be the most valuable.

@AJ couple questions to ask.

If I crash and lose a wheel and cant make it back to pit road. Do I retire? Or take a stint pic and warp back to the pits?

If I were to get disqualified from session because I received too many track limit penalties, I am disqualified from the event?

Back