Need For Speed (2015)

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 7,700 comments
^ That's the sort of thing that makes me want to buy Need For Speed right now, but the game seems too unfinished (although that's the norm with modern games these days). I'll definitely pick it up at some point this year... Or as soon as there is a Christmas discount.

That's probably a good idea. It's not the greatest game ever, and it does have some issues, but never the less, I am still having lots of fun playing it.

In honor of Paul Walker I've made a custom designed Nissan Skyline, with other custom designs as well!
Check it out. If you like it, and would like more, please leave a comment, drop a like, and subscribe!!

Article I found on Reddit:

"In a recent interview with the magazine Vice, Craig Sullivanconfirmed, that all future DLC's for Need for Speed will be FREE!"

Vice asked:

"Finally, there's been talk of "zero microtransactions" in Need for Speed, going forwards. Are you seriously saying there's nothing? No extra payments coming, at all?"

Craig Sullivan answered:

"[...] All I can say is, honestly, hand on heart, is there are absolutely no plans to charge for content in this game. We're going to give you everything for free. I've seen the plans for what's going to happen over the next few weeks and months – there's nothing in there, by which I mean, we don't even have the ability to charge you in the game. There's no store to speak of."

Props to them 👍 But considering how much content the base game have, it's the least they could do to avoid a complete fallout from fans.

There's also the question of how long they are going to keep things free, or even for next games. We are lucky No Limits is padding EA's wallets somewhat. Who knows if they'll return to their old ways in the next game.

Props to them 👍 But considering how much content the base game have, it's the least they could do to avoid a complete fallout from fans.

There's also the question of how long they are going to keep things free, or even for next games. We are lucky No Limits is padding EA's wallets somewhat. Who knows if they'll return to their old ways in the next game.
Until the next NFS comes along, let's just worry about what they've promised for this installment pal

So it begins....

image.jpeg

View attachment 426430
(That's the complete name: Need For Speed. No subtitles or anything.)
Developer: Ghost Games Publisher: Electronic Arts Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
Features/Info
- Extensive customization
- Dusk to dawn
- Runs on Frostbite engine
- Takes place in Ventura Bay (Los Angeles area)
- Map is about twice the size of Rivals
- Storyline with live-action cutscenes.
- Improved AllDrive
- Requires constant internet connection
- 5 ways to play: Speed, Style, Build, Crew, and Outlaw. Each are represented by a specific person 'icon'.
- 2 handling modes: grippy (Black Box era) and drifty (Criterion era).
- 5 garage slots.
- 30 FPS on PS4/XB1. Unlocked frame rate on PC.
- The more rep you earn, the greater customization choices you have.
- No manual transmission.
- No split screen.
- All cars unlocked from start, you just have to earn the money.
- 5 camera views (bumper, bonnet, chase, far chase and dynamic cameras)
- PS+/XBL Gold NOT required for single player, but is required for multiplayer.
- No paid DLC and microtransactions.
- Cannot play as cops.

5 Ways to Play
(Descriptions taken from NFS website.)
Outlaw
Represented by Morohoshi-san
Become an Outlaw, messing with and escaping from the cops. Always looking to raise the stakes through risk vs reward driving, pushing the limits and looking over your shoulder. Live life on the edge as you crave the thrill of the chase.

Style Represented by Ken Block
Style is pure expression through driving, sending your car into a corner sideways with ultimate precision. It’s the feeling of freedom for that split second as your tires leave the ground, when you find yourself in a place where only you and the car exist. For some, style is all that matters.

Build Represented by Nakai-san
Build is where you take your car to the extreme through both visual and performance modification. The constant need to improve and personalize, shaping the car to your own vision. Craftsmen build, searching for perfection.

Speed Represented by Magnus Walker
Speed is the connection that exists between car and driver that is only present at top speeds. It’s about keeping your nerve and never lifting off the gas. It’s about the adrenaline rush of taking a corner at high speed, having faith that your car will hold firm and not lose grip. The fearless always push the limits.

Crew Represented by Risky Devil
Ride together with your Crew and never hit the streets alone. Put your faith in others as bumpers come within inches of one another. This is the skill of close proximity chaos.

Customization
In NFS 2015, customization is one of the game's biggest aspect. Unlike previous games, the customization is very in-depth this time.

Visual
Make your car feel unique by altering its appearance in NFS 2015. Here is a list of items you can add to modify your vehicle's look.
- Tires
- Calipers
- Brake discs
- Rims
- Ride height
- Camber
- Rake
- Bumpers
- Skirts
- And more.

Handling
Here are some of things you can adjust to your liking:
- Tire Pressure
- Steer Response
- Steer Range
- Braking Drift Assist
- Drift Stability Assist
- Launch Control
- Differential
- Downforce
- Brake Strength
- Brake Bias
- Tire Traction
- Handbrake Strength
- Spring Stiffness
- Sway Bars
- Nitrous

Videos
Related threads
Wishlist Thread
Expectations Thread
Car List

Beta Signup
PlayStation 4/Xbox 1[BETA OVER]
PC:
Go to Origin > My Account > Privacy > Game Tester Program > Check NFS > Press 'Update' Button.

Release Date:

November 3rd, 2015 for PS4 and XB1.

Spring 2016 for PC.
am I the only one having problems signing in?

Anyone stuck on the component parts race? *Its given to you by Amy*

I'm having some trouble with this race. In matter of fact, this could easily be one of the hardest races in this game. I've been trying to beat this race in my Devil Z and as well as my Rocket Bunny RX7. Now you're probably going to say "Well aren't all the racers driving Lambos, Porsches, and Ferraris?" Yes but they aren't the problem since i've tuned my cars pretty well. Matter of fact, the type of car you're driving doesn't really matter. All that matters is upgrading it. The real problem is AMY!

She's like faster then everyone else in the race and thats coming from someone driving a 180sx. For most of the time, shes pretty ahead of all the racers. Theres been moments where I feel like im going to win the race but then Amy all of a sudden catches up *I think mostly at the last section of the race* and I end up in 2nd place.

I'm having some trouble with this race. In matter of fact, this could easily be one of the hardest races in this game. I've been trying to beat this race in my Devil Z and as well as my Rocket Bunny RX7. Now you're probably going to say "Well aren't all the racers driving Lambos, Porsches, and Ferraris?" Yes but they aren't the problem since i've tuned my cars pretty well. Matter of fact, the type of car you're driving doesn't really matter. All that matters is upgrading it. The real problem is AMY!

She's like faster then everyone else in the race and thats coming from someone driving a 180sx. For most of the time, shes pretty ahead of all the racers. Theres been moments where I feel like im going to win the race but then Amy all of a sudden catches up *I think mostly at the last section of the race* and I end up in 2nd place.

A lot of people on Reddit have complained about this event. I haven't gotten to this point in the game yet, and by the sounds of it, I'm not looking forward to it. I heard this race is hard even in a fully upgraded Aventador.

I'm looking at buying the game from the PSN store, there are 2 versions with around $40 AUD difference, is there a deluxe edition or something? And is I worth the extra coin for the purchase? If not I'll wait for my local game store to open,

A lot of people on Reddit have complained about this event. I haven't gotten to this point in the game yet, and by the sounds of it, I'm not looking forward to it. I heard this race is hard even in a fully upgraded Aventador.
Well playing NFS Underground 2 on the highest difficulty was easier than this race honestly.

It took me over 30 trys (I kept crashing trying to keep up) but, I finally got it in an AMG GT. I took the lead late and held it at all costs for the final few turns.

It took me over 30 trys (I kept crashing trying to keep up) but, I finally got it in an AMG GT. I took the lead late and held it at all costs for the final few turns.
Well I finally beat that stupid sprint race with my Rocket Bunny RX7. I did screwed up at some turn but luckily the guy in first place who was driving a Porsche slow down and I also sent him driving into the wrong route at the last section.

Will post it up later tonight. Just glad that race is over with.

Well I finally beat that stupid sprint race with my Rocket Bunny RX7. I did screwed up at some turn but luckily the guy in first place who was driving a Porsche slow down and I also sent him driving into the wrong route at the last section.

Will post it up later tonight. Just glad that race is over with.
I'm still on the race. :banghead:

I picked this game up tuesday played it non stop and got to where to difficulty started increasing to where it exposed some major flaws and realized at least in my opinion its a pretty broken game. I traded it back in today for $30 and took a hit just to be rid of it. NFS Most Wanted it is not

my 3 top issues are

unfair difficulty due to the rubber banding( that part component race and a few others are an example) makes the game where nothing you do matters as you can run a perfect race and at some point the cars will pass you like you are standing still and you have to try to get the lead back towards the end and it almost becomes luck if you win or not. every race becomes like this and it isnt any fun.

another problem is the grip/drift sliders and tire combos are one extreme to another and a balanced car doesnt work for the more competitive races. as others have said grip is useless as it just ups the understeer and takes away momentum. having to drift every turn is the way to go in this game but it leads to more possible crashes and again reverts everything back to the playing catch up game.

also had a problem with the views mainly bumper cam and the route arrows. 3rd person car view at those speeds for me there is a disconnect between controller input and the car moving so its easy to hit medians oncoming cars ect in that view, but with bumper cam navigate much better obstacles but you can easily have to restart the race due to missing an on ramp or sharp turn ect. never had this issue in other NFS

Last edited:
Well playing NFS Underground 2 on the highest difficulty was easier than this race honestly.
What race? Lol I won every race easily in an Impreza and S13 tuned for drift.

Also, does anyone know what the sound system upgrade does?

It's like multi ball on a pinball table for me, AI bouncing off each other all over the place,

Also anyone on a controller, does it feel like you lose steering if you don't move the thumb stick exactly to the side?
A little bit up or down and I go straight into what ever is in front of me.

I'm so conflicted on if I should get them game or not. I want it for the cars and customization, but the rubber banding and and other little problems keep pushing me away.

I would say no, At the moment (like we all see coming), The forced online is causing problems with people selling old cars buy new, Then getting DC'ed or logging off for the night only to come back and the new car is gone, old cars back but they can't be sold, As the server is glitching at these magic cars that were already sold but are back.
Same problem with buying parts for cars, Come back and parts and money have gone.

Yea I figured I'd wait awhile until everything, or at least most things get smoothed out. I'm just really inpatient and I want to mess around with the customization. But it doesn't seem worth the price and problems right now.

Personally, I'm loving the game at the moment as I yet to encounter any bugs or problems and only thing is annoying me right is getting past this Components race. EA have said an update is coming this month which may amend all the problems so if you are unsure about getting the game, let's just wait and see what this update will do.

Parts list is almost complete, make sure you check it out to see if your favourite cars have many (if any) options.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...I4x4UaPXBOMy5tl66sAl5D5Ck/edit#gid=2141424685

There is a LOT of red in that list.

Most cars only have 1-3 major body parts, except the Toyobaru triplets and 180SX. Minor parts (splitter, diffuser, exhaust) are more variable, presumably because they are smaller and easier to model. It's good to see variety in spoilers as well, although I suspect most of them are shared between cars.

BTW what does sound system add?

Also missing Rims from that list.

There is a LOT of red in that list.

Most cars only have 1-3 major body parts, except the Toyobaru triplets and 180SX. Minor parts (splitter, diffuser, exhaust) are more variable, presumably because they are smaller and easier to model. It's good to see variety in spoilers as well, although I suspect most of them are shared between cars.

BTW what does sound system add?

Also missing Rims from that list.

Yep very sad to see, if all the cars had the options those cars have this game would be epic and that was what we were lead to believe. Apparently the sound system causes the music to be extra loud and bassy when you are idling? Something stupid like that....

I was surprised that the servers didn't crash once during my gameplay yesterday. The game itself isn't any better than the beta, but not that it was bad. I really feel as though this game has delivered in many aspects and I'm struggling to find something to COMPLAIN about.

Back