Need for Speed Announcement Expected Monday, October 5

To be honest, my foolish expectation are a new game, rather than a remaster. Really, there is noting to remaster, and in case of NFS will look like lazy. Still, if there will be something wrong with physics like it was in Criterion Games, I'm ready to forget about series for another 10 years, until new developer shows up with something like at least Heat.

People forget that the best games in the series - Hot Pursuit 2 and Most Wanted - were done by EA Black Box. I love Criterion & Burnout, but their NFS rehashes performed better than they were because Black Box and SMS's failure to optimize for PS3 and Ghost's failure on the PS4. Also, Criterion of old is not Criterion of today. I'll wait for whatever Three Fields is cooking up.

I'm spoiled by the Forza Horizon's physics model and it's rich customization. I wish this new NFS was more akin to Forza rather than gluey The Crew physics these games always have.

NFS Heat was pretty boring.
Especially with the typical EA developing cycle.
Let them do their job and then rush it and cut features as DLC.
No thanks.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need-for-speed/510

nfs-road-section-510-7x2-xl.jpg.adapt.1456w.jpg

I saw that background picture on the NFS 510's site and the first thing that came to my mind is this.

nfs-hot-pursuit-key-art.jpg.adapt.crop3x5.533p.jpg

I don't mind a Hot Pursuit 2010 remastered on this one. At least the PC peeps will be able to experience the DLCs that they missed out and only the PS3/X360 users got.

NFS Heat was pretty boring.
Especially with the typical EA developing cycle.
Let them do their job and then rush it and cut features as DLC.
No thanks.
Believe me, people that read NFS forums already know your opinion on Heat from the Heat thread. I respect everyone opinion and have no right to tell you what or where to post... it's just getting repetitive and kind of annoying.

Didn't mind Heat, liked the cop chase element, but the physics especially at low speed need a big upgrade, not sure that will happen with such a small development cycle.

I'm not a fan of remasters. Burnout Paradise didn't worked well for me despise sinking tons of hours on the original. Same with HP 2010. I played it a lot, but I'm not that hyped. However it could end up on gamepass with EA access and become backwards compatible on next gen too, so it doesn't sound like a bad idea.
I will play it if it ends up on gamepass but I won't buy it for the second time.

Believe me, people that read NFS forums already know your opinion on Heat from the Heat thread. I respect everyone opinion and have no right to tell you what or where to post... it's just getting repetitive and kind of annoying.
It's not my fault EA that keeps rehashing the same game concept with little to no innovation.
You reap what you saw.

I'm not a fan of remasters. Burnout Paradise didn't worked well for me despise sinking tons of hours on the original. Same with HP 2010. I played it a lot, but I'm not that hyped. However it could end up on gamepass with EA access and become backwards compatible on next gen too, so it doesn't sound like a bad idea.
I will play it if it ends up on gamepass but I won't buy it for the second time.
I think it really depends on what's included. If it includes all the DLC - including the three cars from the Dr. Pepper promotion - then I might consider. But even then, I think I'd rather wait for the next game. Like, I already played HP2010, and it was great, but I simply don't know if I'd buy a re-release of it. I think it's improbable that they'd add much to it, too, with the inclusion of all DLC seeming like the most likely "addition."

Personally, I feel like the hints so far don't really reference HP2010 directly that much, so I'm thinking they're either:
1. Going to take back what they said about Heat's final update and actually add some content;
2. Re-release HP2010 with some notable additions not in the original versions, even with the DLC;
3. Release a trailer for a new game altogether.

I think it could very well be the last one, given that they found a YouTube trailer embedded in the webpage, although it's private. I don't know why they'd drum up all this hype and drop a trailer just for a slight remaster of HP2010 - that feels like something where they'd just drop a trailer one day instead of having this lead-up. I don't remember the remaster of Burnout Paradise having much in the way of a hype campaign, either.

Another idea could be that there's a plan for a PS5/Xbox Series version of NFS Heat, which could include all the scrapped DLC. NFS has definitely had games on more than one generation of consoles before, as you can see with Carbon and Rivals, and it seems like NFS hasn't really missed the launch of a next-gen system in that regard. Both Rivals and the PS4/Xbox One were released in 2013, while Carbon and the PS3/Wii were released in 2006. (Similarly, Most Wanted 2005 and the Xbox 360 were both released in 2005.) I know things have changed since Carbon/Rivals, too, in that NFS is no longer on an annual cycle, so we'll just have to see what happens come Monday. But if it's not a game for the PS5/Xbox Series, this would potentially mark the first time NFS has been absent for the launch of a new console generation, which I think would be a bad idea - there's always a niche for racing games, and I don't know when the next Forza/GT will be released respectively for the Xbox Series/PS5.

I totally get that the HP2010 remaster has been leaked on multiple outlets, but I don't really know if that means if that's all there's going to be to Monday's announcement. Maybe it could be some sort of "Need for Speed Direct," which drops a trailer for a new game or next-gen version of Heat, as well as an announcement for HP2010 remastered.

Last edited:
There it go... NFS messing with my feelings again...

Ah, man. A journey of 20 years already, since i first played NFS III: Hot Pursuit, my first NFS game.

Now i look at the most recent titles and the only thing i can say is "what the actual ****".

Heat isn't a bad game, but isn't a good one too. Payback is just NO, HELL NO. NFS 2105 is a bugshow with horrible physics. At least Rivals was a good game. Not better than HP2010, but still, a good game.

Ah EA, what the hell are you planning now. I really hope this isn't a remaster from HP 2010. If you have this game, go play it right now. The game is beautiful even for today standards. There's absolutely no need to remaster this game. If we really need a remaster from this series, then bring Carbon, MW or Underground. Maybe The Run with decent physics.

If it's this is actually a new game, then i really don't know what to say now. For years there's been discussions in the community about what is NFS: a game with luxurious cars, police and big, beautiful highways, a game with street racing with/without police or both?

Does the Pro Street spirit has space in the series? Should the next game go full Underground, embrace the good ol' days of it and forget the police? Or maybe NFS is and always will be about it's own fantasy world where racer and cops go full ham with Porsches and Lambos...

1 million $ question: What is Need for Speed?

Well, whetever it is, i just hope it's a good game. Honestly, i so tired of seeing this game fail over and over... Countless discussions about "hot pursuit fans X underground fans" that don't do anything.

I'm still mad at Heat for reusing the BMW M3 as the "final boss", instead of the Polestar 1. C'mon guys, you need to decide this thing: embrace the MW/Carbon story or leave it in the past.
I love how we have access to all famous cars from the series in Heat, but i hate how the final boss had to be that BMW, What the hell that bmw was doing in this city anyway?

Saw the leaks on YT earlier. Really looking forward to this one.

Crossing my fingers that it got the 60fps treatment as well.

I'm happy for so many fans. They will finally get a chance to buy their favorite games for the second time. That they will get their favorite games improved so much that you will have to look at small details to notice the difference. Now I almost wish for EA to remaster all the old games the same way and sell them for 40-50$. Who wouldn't want MW 2005 in 60fps? I still think it's a waste of money to pay for all the licenses again, but if the fans want it why not.
I still don't understand something. EA can resell old games over and over again making fans happier than ever, but as soon as they try to innovate the outrage is inevitable. Not only fans get mad. They will go on a crusade. They will tell everybody how bad EA is. How we should not suport such companies, because morals. :banghead:
HP 2010 was a great game. I still think it was a proper successor to NFS 3:HP. I probably played it even more than MW and Carbon combined. Online cops vs racers was really fun. Than in 2013 Rivals came. A proper successor to HP 2010. Better graphics, more cars, open world, weather effects.. 7 years later and we are back to square 2? Or was it 3?
I still have a little hope left that it's going to be a new game reveal. Does HP 2010: Remastered really need a countdown to be revealed?

I gotta say, if nothing else, that has to be some of the most gorgeous box art I've seen for a game. :drool:

A couple things concern me though: Firstly, according to some of the leaks, and a post on the NFS subreddit, the game will include both its original DLC and "6+ new hours of gameplay," with 30 new events. However, the games original DLC (Super Sports Pack, Porsche Unleashed and Lamborghini Untamed) brought 33 new events altogether. I can't help but wonder if EA is considering the DLC events "new events," and the DLC refers to the cars. NFS has been guilty of using vague language in its marketing in the past, so that, along with how BP Remastered was handled, makes me a bit suspicious.

Secondly, While it's cool to see that this will be added to the Nintend Switch, I'm seeing a concerning lack of Xbox One/XSX box art. I'd be surprised if they didn't launch it on Xbox, and I imagine that both the Switch and PS4/5 are much more popular than Xbox in Japan, but it seems odd to not have that as part of the leaks.

And last, is this gonna be a similar story with BP Remastered, where it was nothing but a Resolution upgrade with a gimped multiplayer? Both games, HP2010 especially, had very solid and very enjoyable single player, but multiplayer was still tons of fun that garnered close races and total chaos. It'd be a shame if HP Remastered multiplayer was DOA (effectively like BP), as I had a lot more fun in those matches compared to the single player.

Secondly, While it's cool to see that this will be added to the Nintend Switch, I'm seeing a concerning lack of Xbox One/XSX box art. I'd be surprised if they didn't launch it on Xbox, and I imagine that both the Switch and PS4/5 are much more popular than Xbox in Japan, but it seems odd to not have that as part of the leaks.

Prior leaks have shown store listings with Xbox ports (including Amazon which you could actually place an order on) so I wouldn't be concerned at the lack of an Xbox box art.

A couple things concern me though: Firstly, according to some of the leaks, and a post on the NFS subreddit, the game will include both its original DLC and "6+ new hours of gameplay," with 30 new events. However, the games original DLC (Super Sports Pack, Porsche Unleashed and Lamborghini Untamed) brought 33 new events altogether. I can't help but wonder if EA is considering the DLC events "new events," and the DLC refers to the cars. NFS has been guilty of using vague language in its marketing in the past, so that, along with how BP Remastered was handled, makes me a bit suspicious.

Pretty sure the new events they meant is the DLCs, it will be nice for PC players since we didn't get any DLC for HP2010.

And last, is this gonna be a similar story with BP Remastered, where it was nothing but a Resolution upgrade with a gimped multiplayer? Both games, HP2010 especially, had very solid and very enjoyable single player, but multiplayer was still tons of fun that garnered close races and total chaos. It'd be a shame if HP Remastered multiplayer was DOA (effectively like BP), as I had a lot more fun in those matches compared to the single player.

Why was the MP dead for BP? I skipped that one since I'm not a fan of BP and didn't know that the MP is dead on launch. I do hope HP2010 won't be like that, I don't really like the single player side of HP2010 because it feels restricted but the MP in HP2010 was one of the best I've played back then. With rumors saying it will come with crossplay, I hope the MP will be populated.

Last edited:
Since it is from EA it is very likely that it will release on Xbox.

Those screenshots look a little underwhelming to me. It looks like the pcversion.

Lets see what the trailer brings.

I had this on PS3 though I didn't do much in the game as it was a time where I didn't have as much interest in games but vowed if it resurfaced that I would have another look at it and at least for once they are announcing it not too far from release date, just hope it's not gonna be delayed or anything given the leaks over the weekend.

Am probably going to wait for a sale though rather than buy it on release date plus it's EA and I am not a huge fan of how this might end up looking Micro transactions wise, I will see what the Pre-Order prices look like once the official announcement is out!.

My guess it will be 40 bucks/Euros just like that burnout remaster a few years ago.

Crazy to think how old the original is, The first Forza Horizon was not even out yet.

Back