Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
Full-Res version of the image used on the official forum
nfsh-ahq-background-laptop-retina.png

We're going full Cyberpunk bois.

What a surprise, teal and magenta all over the marketing. Can we please not run the Synthwave aesthetic headfirst into the ground before I even get to play Cyberpunk 2077? These marketing guys are relentless. Here's my shortlist of people we should allow to use this colourscheme;

CD Projekt Red
Carpenter Brut
The Miami Heat

And my shortlist of those who should be banned:

EA
Ubisoft
Any movie director that isn't James Cameron (I want Alita 2, dunno about you)

That ought to cover all bases. We need to get the message out there that we're not gonna buy your product just because you plaster it in teal and magenta and have some Waveshaper in the trailer. So lazy.

Perhaps the "female" character scene in the Thumbnail might be for the LGBTQ??

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean but I would enjoy seeing a female lead character and it's always good to see representation of different people in games.

Imagine the salt from social media if it turns out the main character is a trans woman.

What a surprise, teal and magenta all over the marketing. Can we please not run the Synthwave aesthetic headfirst into the ground before I even get to play Cyberpunk 2077? These marketing guys are relentless. Here's my shortlist of people we should allow to use this colourscheme;

CD Projekt Red
Carpenter Brut
The Miami Heat

EA
Ubisoft

That ought to cover all bases. We need to get the message out there that we're not gonna buy your product just because you plaster it in teal and magenta and have some Waveshaper in the trailer. So lazy.

Carpenter Brut doesn't really use those colors though. He uses more Reds and Yellows than anything else as his music is darker in tone. Pink and cyan is more associated with warmer synth sounds as well as cyberpunk synth to a certain extent.

CD Projekt Red
Carpenter Brut
The Miami Heat

EA
Ubisoft

I mean, so far it has me sold

Probably Ghost get shut down and the IP being moved to another studio, the good old EA method.

Quite sure that is not happening based on a respond thread in Reddit a year ago by Ghost car team regarding grip vs drift, Ghost wants the B2D physics because

Source (how do you paste a link only?) :

Can't find the edge of grip properly on controller? Rubbish. I play Project Cars regularly and I can find reach the edge of grip pretty easily. However being able to stay there is extremely difficult. Better off having a lateral peak than not, otherwise the game feels disjointed and unrealistic. Hence why the drifting is soo pathetic. Don't alter the physics engine on purpose to appease casuals, I mean I want to play street racing games too you know! This is all a load of garbage because GT Sport and F1 play great on a controller, whilst NFS does not. That is an issue on their part. No point saying stupid things like this to excuse poor functionality.

Since theres an 80's theme hoping for some cars from that era.

Look at some of the work "TheKyza" has done on bodykits for 80's supercars hoping his assets will be featured.

Would love to see Vector W8 Weigert but unsure about the Licence exists anymore.

I just want another Test Drive Unlimited; I thought that's what The Crew would be like, the map is nice, but the physics just kill it for me. Wouldn't mind another Pro Street and/or Shift styled NFS either.

I loved Shift. Didn't get around to playing Shift 2. But I have been of the opinion that Shift could return & if it's as good as the original, I would be first in line.

I've been playing a lot of Burnout Paradise lately and **** I just want something close to the quality of that. My hopes aren't high, but i guess we'll see.

I just bought Remastered & it feels the same offline (but prettier), but different online. I have yet to see a room doing challenges.

As for Heat, the widebody Corvette looks good, but the color scheme, not so much. They will have to make my jaw hit the floor to want to buy. I haven't played a NFS after Most Wanted 2011. Strangely, my 2 favorite NFS games are the 2 versions of Most Wanted (PS2 & PS3).

I feel foolish for even getting my hopes up for this game, but I'm eager for a good arcade racer on the PS4 that can fill the FH4-shaped hole in my heart. Because The Crew 2 wasn't that.

I just bought Remastered & it feels the same offline (but prettier), but different online. I have yet to see a room doing challenges.

Yeah I do wish it was easier to get into an actual online race. At least singleplayer still holds up really well.

I genuinely feel bad for anyone that will buy a Ghost NFS game at full price. I've spent 11$ on 2015 and Payback combined through two different sales (5$ for 15, 6$ for Payback), and they're both so terrible I still feel like I've been ripped off.

I think it's safe to assume it'll be the exact same miserable experience as the other two Ghost titles, this time with an a e s t h e t i c coat of paint.

I haven't purchased an NFS game since Shift 2 and considering how the last few games have been I don't see that changing.

On a side note, I wonder if there may be a copyright issue with the name.

71iyByqf3VL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

I do have sliiiiiightly higher hopes for this game than I thought I would to be honest... I appreciate the aethetic seen so far.

It appears I wasn't clear enough when I said "That's enough nonsensical trash in this thread, wouldn't you say?", so allow me to elaborate.

This is a thread discussing the yet-to-be-officially-confirmed Need for Speed Heat. It is not a thread in which to make gross estimates of a fictional character's sexuality for whatever asinine reason, and then attempt to be controversial about it. It's a fictional character, it is not that serious. I don't care if the main character is a female, male, dog, or even a metrosexual vampire — I, and I'd like to assume everyone else are mostly focused on the gameplay elements.

Keep the thread on topic. There will not be a third warning.

I need my Most Wanted fix back. I was playing Horizon and was thinking "what happened to serious street taco plots in the racing genre?"

I kind of miss the ugly body kits and goofy vinyls, as well as underglow. The over-serious cutscene acting was fun, too.

I kind of miss the ugly body kits and goofy vinyls, as well as underglow. The over-serious cutscene acting was fun, too.

I can't say I've been the biggest fan of those types of racing games in a general sense, but underglow, custom gauges, and spinners were a guilty pleasure of mine in Underground 2. Wouldn't mind seeing them returning.

I need my Most Wanted fix back. I was playing Horizon and was thinking "what happened to serious street taco plots in the racing genre?"

I needed my Most Wanted fix back when NFS 2015 announced, the cop chases in both 2015 and Payback has been awful. Hope this time it will be better.

I did went back to old Most Wanted again recently and the cop chases gameplay still holds up very well, put in some lighting tweaks and a set of brand new cars makes the game a lot more fun.

I genuinely feel bad for anyone that will buy a Ghost NFS game at full price. I've spent 11$ on 2015 and Payback combined through two different sales (5$ for 15, 6$ for Payback), and they're both so terrible I still feel like I've been ripped off.

I think it's safe to assume it'll be the exact same miserable experience as the other two Ghost titles, this time with an a e s t h e t i c coat of paint.
Same. Although I never bought Payback because I knew it would be trash, and said so done. I lost any hope for the NFS franchise to return back to its glory days. Nowadays it's just "gotta look flashy to cater to the folk who desperately want a underground remake or children alike", and this one just doesn't sound as hot as it's making itself out to be... (pun not intended).

Problem is this reveal trailer won't even show any gameplay anyway. If it's anything like "the run" i'll give it another very wide birth. Looks like it's using frostbite engine again from those two screen images as well, i can just feel that the physics will be terrible. Even if that cover arts, if it even is such, does look great.

Back