Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
^Let's just hope such unfortunate statement isn't a hint for another extra ration of bad unappealing handling. Serioulsy I miss for this series the handling of the ps2 version of hp2, that one called classic. I think they could kind of rehash something like that too with little extra refinement. Either that or the frostbite truly is bad for racing games, although I don't believe itas UE4 has demonstrated to be suitable for sims even like acc, regardless I might may like AC physics or not.

MXH
Payback is a poor man's Forza Horizon.

Payback undoubtedly took inspiration from Horizon in some of its new-to-the-series features like open world activities and off-roading. Ultimately it hasn't executed those as well as Forza, but has done better in others; for instance, the derelict system in Payback was far more engaging way of restoring vehicles than barn finds in Forza Horizon.

This is why I don't mind franchises taking ideas from other games; creative teams from other studios can explore the full potential of novel features. With that said, I still want games to maintain characteristics which make them distinctive i.e. Need For Speed being an illicit street racing franchise.

Need for Speed: BRO

Featuring 20 cars, all of them GT86s with Rocket Bunny kits and Monster Energy decals, you take on the biggest speed bumps in Fortune Valley in order to prove that your car is the lowest (static, obvs) and has the most stickers blocking the driver's view on the windshield.

Pre order today to unlock 5 free customisable vape clouds!

Last edited:

Not sure if these leaks were intentional or not, but if EA was going for a "big reveal" with the name tomorrow, they screwed it up with this and the fb link. :crazy:

Seems pretty safe to assume the final name is Need For Speed: Heat then. That sketchy website which leaked the name a month ago was legit after all!

Is that thumbnail grabber basically the same system that YouTube uses to "grab" suggested thumbnails? It's a pretty clever way of revealing screens from a video ahead of time if that's the case!

If that is the final logo then I love it, I'm curious how it ties in with the actual game though.

So it looks like we will have some "Vice City" atmosphere here. Too bad they don't have balls to place action in 1980s and make carlist full of classics :(

Why go to the 80's when we can just go retro.

I can see a new horizon underneath the blazing sky
I'll be where the eagle's flying higher and higher
Gonna be a man in motion
All I need is a set of wheels
Take me where the future's lying St. Elmo's fire

(note some paraphrasing) :)

I hope this game is good, Payback just looked god awful.

We'll see tomorrow.

I hope this game is good, Payback just looked god awful.

I'm pessimistic about it. The best NFS games have always been their niche titles, anything they make that tries to cater to a broad audience tends to be lacklustre. Which is unfortunately the direction that they took with Payback, and is likely the direction they'll take with Heat.

Frankly, I'd just prefer if the franchise was run by two independent studios, each focusing on a different theme, releasing a game every 2nd year in staggered intervals. That way there's a NFS title released every year, there's only a 2-year time constraint on Ghost or the 2nd developer, and each side of the two largest NFS communities gets games that are uncompromisingly what they desire. High octane police chases with exotics, playable cops, and action sequences on one side. And underground city street racing with body kits, custom liveries and car meets on the other. Maybe its just me, but when both these worlds are put together, it just doesn't work. I'd prefer it if they segregate the franchise back to Most Wanted/Underground/2015 VS Hot Pursuit/High Stakes/Rivals. Otherwise, the game's just a poor man's The Crew/Forza Horizon.

But of course, I'm always up for something completely new, if not a revival of one of their other niche titles like The Run. I just don't want this game to be a big bundle of everything. Games like that lack character and soul. Though I do get enjoyment out of them, I never truly love games that try to be one big toybox, offering something for everyone to enjoy. Because unless you're the type who likes everything, you're in for a very shallow and content dry experience. I prefer "hate it or love it" games, which offer much more to their "love it" audience than these more diverse games ever could.

I mean, which game offers the superior Rallying experience, Dirt Rally 2.0 or The Crew 2? Which offers the best supercar experience, Driveclub or NFS Payback? Which offers the best Formula racing experience, the F1 franchise, or Forza 7? Which offers the superior dirt racing experience, Wreckfest or Forza Horizon 4? Which does GT3 racing better, Assetto Corsa Competizione, or GT Sport?

I'd rather have a library of many games that do few things perfectly, than a few games that do many things adequately. Whatever NFS Heat will be, I hope its a game designed to cater to a focus audience, even if I'm not included in that audience. I'm tired of games that sacrifice the individual's long-term experience for diversity of content and higher sales figures.

A Reddit user pointed out that the car shown in one of those thumbnails is a Volvo Polestar 1.

Have this in case folks :lol:

x8p2525698g31.jpg

A Reddit user pointed out that the car shown in one of those thumbnails is a Volvo Polestar 1.

Nice to see Polestar making

Probably wishful thinking, but with Ghost "setting their sights firmly on the future", perhaps this gives the scope for other Plug-In vehicles to join the roster? If EA is still on good terms with Porsche, I'd like to see the Taycan Turbo make an appearance here too.

So it looks like we will have some "Vice City" atmosphere here. Too bad they don't have balls to place action in 1980s and make carlist full of classics :(

The first racing game that goes full-Radwood (i.e. cars, music, clothing, etc.) will be an instabuy for me.

Please include the 512TR, the main car in first NFS 1994, hasn't been in any nfs since.

Expecting Ferrari to return is wishful thinking. Ferrari yeeted themselves out of the franchise after Payback doubled down on car customisation, then there is this post to consider where every car will have customisation in the series going forward. Remember how you could barely modify the 458 and F40 in 2015? That won't be happening again.

Latest Posts

Back