Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
Why is everybody saying drifting is so hard?

Not sure, I wasn't saying it was hard myself, it just sucks and is unintuitive. I have however just tried putting drag tyres on my otherwise mediocre (now 255) RX7 and drifting is much more like what I'd expect, so thanks @Sage Ages for sort of but not really suggesting it!

With drag (edit: oops, drift) tyres I could fairly easily beat the target score on the first lap and then just drive to the finish because I hate the drifting, but I've just tried the same event I did earlier with drag slicks on and beat the target score on every lap, much faster and with much more control than I did earlier. It's actually fun now!

Last edited:
Not sure, I wasn't saying it was hard myself, it just sucks and is unintuitive. I have however just tried putting drag tyres on my otherwise mediocre (now 255) RX7 and drifting is much more like what I'd expect, so thanks @Sage Ages for sort of but not really suggesting it!

With drag tyres I could fairly easily best the target score on the first lap and then just drive to the finish because I hate the drifting, but I've just tried the same event I did earlier with drag slicks on and beat the target score on
every lap, much faster and with much more control than I did earlier. It's actually fun now!

that makes sense I might try that

With drag (edit: oops, drift) tyres I could fairly easily beat the target score on the first lap and then just drive to the finish because I hate the drifting, but I've just tried the same event I did earlier with drag slicks on and beat the target score on every lap, much faster and with much more control than I did earlier. It's actually fun now!

The drift parts are borked in this game. The scoring system is basically based on how much wheelspin you have + how long you can hold it. Therefore:
- Speedcross suspension + differential lowers your car's grip on tarmac so that gives you the wheelspin.
- Drag tires balances out the oversteer so you can hold the slide for longer. Contrary to what most people think, IRL drift cars are setup for slight understeer. Then they use the power to get wheelspin going and hold the slide. That's why D1GP/FD cars have NASCAR engine swaps with nitrous - they need all that power to overcome the tires' grip and hold the slide long enough.
Swapping out to a peaky single turbo, steering sensitivity max, downforce minimum, and gearbox with least gears (4 or 5) also helps. But they're just marginal gains compared to above.

As for the difference between blue and purple parts, take a look at the handling quadrant when tuning (the one that shows race/drift and road/offroad). The purple parts move the dot further than the blue parts. Sometimes a car is already on the limit so it can appear like the upgrade doesn't do anything, but it still changes the physics when you drive, it just doesn't have the space to show it on the graph (bad UI design IMO).

Last edited:
Showcase and Speedcross parts are basically identical outside of the AWD conversion. The car doesn't drive too different given how assisted the drifting in this game is anyways.

Drag tires reduce the amount of yaw torque applied to the car in a drift and increased longitudinal grip. This basically makes the car less twitchy and helps you keep speed a little better but I personally find it too annoying for general use because the car wants to wheelie.

If you're going after the leaderboards than maybe these parts are worth considering but if just playing the drift story and doing all the drift zones, then you can easily get by without them.

IIRC the generally accepted meta cars among most people are the RX-7 and the Corvette Z06.

Interesting thing about them is that they function as AWD cars when drifting for whatever reason.

IIRC the generally accepted meta cars among most people are the RX-7 and the Corvette Z06.

Interesting thing about them is that they function as AWD cars when drifting for whatever reason.

I think the game is drunk considering the fact that both of these cars are rwd

It's been a thing since 2015 and the cars with those traits seems somewhat arbitrary (all of the Mazdas, the Corvette Z06, Grand Sport, the 240ZG, 350Z, and the Toyobarus behave like this.).

In addition, most of the cars in the game will switch to an AWD torque split when driving on dirt. This has been around since at least Rivals (possibly The Run but I can't confirm).

It's been a thing since 2015 and the cars with those traits seems somewhat arbitrary (all of the Mazdas, the Corvette Z06, Grand Sport, the 240ZG, 350Z, and the Toyobarus behave like this.).

In addition, most of the cars in the game will switch to an AWD torque split when driving on dirt. This has been around since at least Rivals (possibly The Run but I can't confirm).

since ea and ghost are trying to do a mix between there previous games and forza they should make the drifting a bit more realistic I know from experience that your car doesn’t go side to side when drifting a corner

The Deluxe Edition is currently 75% off on the PS Store and I fell for the bait. Payback was a wank of a game and Heat is just slightly less #### of an experience.

I’m suprised that a lot of fans of the series actually praise Heat but it’s understandable considering previous entries - the standard has been set extremely low.

The physics are in my opinion still poor although it has come a long way since 2015. Another boring map with ghost towns and the music keeps somehow getting worse with each iteration, surprisingly. Cops are just annoying (for now). With that said I love the return of the classic tuning options, rather than a Slotomania knock-off.

My initial verdict is that it’s just another mediocre NFS. I’ve put more than 100 hours into NFS 2015 and neither Heat or Payback could hold my attention for more than 5 hours total.

MXH
The Deluxe Edition is currently 75% off on the PS Store and I fell for the bait. Payback was a wank of a game and Heat is just slightly less #### of an experience.

I’m suprised that a lot of fans of the series actually praise Heat but it’s understandable considering previous entries - the standard has been set extremely low.

The physics are in my opinion still poor although it has come a long way since 2015. Another boring map with ghost towns and the music keeps somehow getting worse with each iteration, surprisingly. Cops are just annoying (for now). With that said I love the return of the classic tuning options, rather than a Slotomania knock-off.

My initial verdict is that it’s just another mediocre NFS. I’ve put more than 100 hours into NFS 2015 and neither Heat or Payback could hold my attention for more than 5 hours total.

I completely agree that the music keeps getting worse I think we could see if they could get rap off the radio for these upcoming games I also believe that the only game that could hold my attention for long periods of time would have to be nfs rivals

I completely agree that the music keeps getting worse I think we could see if they could get rap off the radio for these upcoming games

...completely forgetting that rap has been in NFS games since Underground, which by this point is reaching close to its 20th anniversary in a short amount of time.

Like was said, the music is fine. Thematically, it fits, considering the city in the game is an expy of Miami, which shocker, has a lot of Hispanic people. And besides, who the **** cares about licensed music anymore when it's easier then ever to bring the music slider to zero and listen to your own stuff.

The soundtrack of Heat is really good in my opinion, I enjoyed it a lot and have added quite a few songs from it into my personal library!

The music is one of the areas where NFS games always shine, except maybe for Payback as I can’t recall particularly liking any of the songs.

No it is not it’s because half the time you can’t understand them because they use unintelligible mumbles and call it music

I hate to tell you, but that hasn't been a thing in years. When it was, that wasn't the only rap being produced, not by a long shot.

I grew up with Rom di Prisco's techno but even I admit that kind of music wouldn't fit well with modern NFS aesthetics (though hearing Romulus and Sirius 909 in NFS 2015 was a nice surprise). I liked most of UG1, UG2 and Undercover soundtracks, but for every other game there's usually only 2-3 tracks that I like, and that's no different for Heat. it's fine, usually after one week I turned down the music volume anyways :lol:

I grew up with Rom di Prisco's techno but even I admit that kind of music wouldn't fit well with modern NFS aesthetics (though hearing Romulus and Sirius 909 in NFS 2015 was a nice surprise). I liked most of UG1, UG2 and Undercover soundtracks, but for every other game there's usually only 2-3 tracks that I like, and that's no different for Heat. it's fine, usually after one week I turned down the music volume anyways :lol:

with techno I was thinking like deadmau5, daft punk, or goblins from Mars.

well I was born in the 90s

A6992DF5-2E56-4485-B188-BA0B4DBB0EED.jpeg

?

Back