Need For Speed Payback General Discussion

Discussion in 'Need For Speed' started by Ameer67, May 12, 2017.

1. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Just finished story mode today. Surprisingly didn't have too much trouble with Holtzmann' races. I tuned my starter Impreza to around 370 PR and won comfortably on Easy difficulty. Free Ember Militia remains the most difficult league to beat in my opinion.

The Outlaw Rush race is great fun though also not too difficult. I kinda hoped it would be 5 epic races for each discipline around the entire map, not just 1 race divided into 3 sections, but it is what it is. I love the part where all the crew bosses helped took down the cops in the airfield. The ending is way too cryptic for me though. Is Marcus going to be the new Collector now? Also in the scene where our 3 protagonists drove off in the end, why is it that only Tyler is in the car that you used? Mac is in the Bel Air and Jess is in the M5. Kinda took you out of the immersion. I know, I know, I'm nitpicking what is supposed to be a simple arcade game :lol: I'll still say this is the best story driven NFS to date. The story is intriguing, what you do on the track actually matters and the characters while still campy are not overly annoying. The small dialogues and phone calls in between races are the best.

So now I'll set my sights on platinuming and finishing the Speedcross DLC. Don't think I'm gonna be buying and testing out too many cars as the speedcard system is a pain. Looking forward to the next chapter of NFS :tup:

vinz7531 likes this.
  2. vinz7531

vinz7531

it's good to hear someone pointing out what is satisfying about this game.
    Nice to read you :)

3. Michelin

Michelin Premium

Hello everyone. Quick question: Which PS4 NFS between the 2015 one and Payback is "better" (lacking a word more suited for what I mean)?

4. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

To be honest, the improvement to the physics, although minimal, makes Payback the better game to me.

5. cudwieser

cudwieser

I'll be frank, for what the game offers I didn't see much of an advantage with the wheel over the controller. I use a
    Also bearing in mind that Payback has an offline single player so will have longevity over 2015. I like 2015 and it's story, but there's simply more to do and play with in payback, giving it the edge. We'll wait and see what this year brings :)

ImaRobot likes this.
  6. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

After about a year from absence, I'm back in Payback. I almost forgot the controls :)

Last I played, I just started Chapter 3...

7. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

At least the learning curve isn't as steep as it is in NFS 2015. ;)

GTvsForza likes this.
  8. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

I gotta say, Skyhammer is probably my favorite mission to play :)

FT-1 likes this.
  9. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Yep, definitely my favourite part of the single-player campaign! :tup:

It's a shame no other chase in the game match that level of intensity.

10. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Word of advice for new players:

Use AWD cars for Runner missions (especially Escape events)

My Q60 may be fast on roads, but it's terrible offroad...

I actually liked the mission where you got to drive the "Mac Attack" :)

FT-1 likes this.
  11. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

Just gonna point out that drivetrains in this game don't exactly correlate with real life. Most of the cars in the game are AWD.

12. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

I think another problem with my Q60 is that it feels a little light for a Runner. I think the Audi you start with is a better handling car. Might try the Charger from the Deluxe DLC as well.

13. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

I just used the Audi and didn't have any problems at all. IMO Runner events are the easiest in this game. It's Drag and Off Road that you need to be worried about.