Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
The only gripe I have though are the special versions (like the GTR or 370z nismo, not the KS or the classic nfs cars)... Ghost could EASILY made them as parts for their base counterparts (which means EVEN MORE customization) but instead they made them full models (with less customization than their bases). A waste of space IMO since they could as well use that space for more cars.

Absolutely. The worst offenders in this instance are the BMW M4 GTS and Cayman GT4 - These cars were fully customisable in Payback but not in Heat just because of their special status. :ouch:

Most arcade games don't duplicate half the damn car.

I'll probably be more annoyed by that 10 years ago but NFS has been having crap physics for so long and I just don't care anymore. As long it is consistent, fun enough to drive and it still have visual customisation for me to make abomination, I'm fine with whatever NFS is doing.

Considering NFS has been the game that you played once and be done with it.

Ghost could EASILY made them as parts for their base counterparts (which means EVEN MORE customization) but instead they made them full models (with less customization than their bases). A waste of space IMO since they could as well use that space for more cars.

That was a weird decision when I first saw the car list, they made some cars that were previously customisable to have no customisation while we still have cars that has variants as parts in Heat too. Diablo SV has Diablo GTR parts and the Corvette C6 Z06 has ZR1 parts in it too.

Finally finished testing all the cars (minus the duplicate convertibles). My garage has 124 cars now :lol: Still have the BM McLaren to do but I'm not buying that until it gets cheaper, or comes in a bundle with the future BM cars (if that ever gets released).

Customization wise, I feel that after Ghost takes over and started using real brands we have become much more limited in what we can do with each car. It feels like the cars need to suit a certain type of visual look in these newer games (2015/Payback/Heat). On the good side it's quite hard to make a car look ricer now (although bad colour combos can still do that). But on the negative side the same car tend to look the same now with only minor variants in details. Many of the high end cars especially only have 1-2 variant for each body part, and they only have minimal difference. The lower end cars tend to be more customizable but again only 1-2 parts are significantly different enough. I also miss the variety of head/taillights in Underground, trunk customization and painting the small bits like exhaust tips and engine bay. Livery search is also useless. I also find it incredible that you can look at the interior and they seem quite detailed, but we STILL have no cockpit view in NFS. It could be a huge avenue for customization (i.e. if you ever played with an online supercar configurator, you'll know what I mean).

Anyway, I'd still rate Heat a 7-7.5/10. Definitely moving in the right direction but still lacks a lot of replayability of the older games. Probably also because I'm not the target demographic for these kinds of games anymore :lol: Sayonara Palm City, and thanks for having me by :) 👍

Tragic that for the past 2 NFS games, I always tend to buy em on the tail end of their life cycle..

I bought Payback maybe a month before the last update. Was a decent game but left a lot to be desired.. Bought NFS Heat in mid March.. Only 4 months after release.. and it seems like they're already done supporting the game..

I know they dissolved the studio and all that made the game but damn, you release a game, get rid of the studio, and leave the game to rot after 5 months after release?!

EA honestly can't expect people to be eager to buy the next NFS on PS5 if they're gonna pull stuff like this.. The game is utterly short, and like payback, leaves a lot to be desired. It was a step in the right direction and is decently enjoyable for the most part, but can get dull real quick due to lack of content, no real PVP mode, or any real achievements to work for. Game seemed like a rush job..

Hoping they prove me wrong and release an update later this month or something. 5 months of game support is pretty sad in this day in age of gaming..

Mark my words the next NFS that comes out will be done and dusted.

This game needs good support but it seems the game is dead.

I do wish we had these features

-route maker
-outrun
-ai cars in the open world so that we can race them
-cop heat should go up to 6 or 7 also supported by diablo cop cars and aventador cop cars
-there should be cop cars that are suvs too
-cops should begin chase once you past the 200km speed limit
- make us earn money in night time also increase the rep levels.

Most important of all we need pvp!!!

Last edited:
Already sold the game in exchange for 6 month PS Plus money.

Sorry but I'm already bored to be very honest with you.

It seems a lot of people have moved on. Am I only one playing? I dont play as much as I used to but at times I do.

I've moved on to other games, probably spent over 100 hours into it and I got my money worth now.

I still come back every once a while just to drive around for fun.

Absolutely. The worst offenders in this instance are the BMW M4 GTS and Cayman GT4 - These cars were fully customisable in Payback but not in Heat just because of their special status. :ouch:
Don't we still get other variants of the M4 and Cayman in Heat that can be customized, though?

Don't we still get other variants of the M4 and Cayman in Heat that can be customized, though?

Yep, the M4 has regular coupe and convertible variants which can be customised to the same extent they were in Payback, while the 718 Cayman GTS features a number of parts, including a kit to replicate the GT4.

Hey guys, I'm considering buying NFS Heat, just some questions...Overall, what is the community's opinion of it? as a massive fan of Underground 1-3, would you say this is a better game?

Also, could you direct me to a review that best illustrates the games pros and cons, even if its a GT Planet reviewer, in fact, that would be ideal

Hey guys, I'm considering buying NFS Heat, just some questions...Overall, what is the community's opinion of it? as a massive fan of Underground 1-3, would you say this is a better game?

Also, could you direct me to a review that best illustrates the games pros and cons, even if its a GT Planet reviewer, in fact, that would be ideal

Straight answer, wait until it drops to about £20 ($25). It's a decent game but given the sudden hiatus on DLC there's not a lot of support at the minute. Saying that the initial content is pretty good with plenty of cars to customise and parts to customise. The online community is fairly active and the controls are pretty easy to get into. The shortfalls however are still significant. While the controls aren't complicated things like drifting have been weighted away from the previous two games. The emphasis is more on classic slow in fast out style of cornering where Payback and 2015 were more brake to drift style of arcadey racing. This isn't strictly a fault but depending on what attracted you to nfs it may be seen as a problem since drifting requires greater set up than before. Another fault is the story. It is very short. If you're a solo player there is still plenty to do, but Payback offers more, but if you're a more social player then Heat will be more your beast. Final fault are the cops. Initially they were very aggressive, almost criminally so, but later in the game they posed a fair challenge. Now they're a joke and kind of make the night races a formallity. There is still a challenge at higher heat levels, but lower levels provide no challenge what so ever. All said the game is decent at the minute, but I wouldn't recommend paying full price. On discount it would be worth it but right now if you want something to mess with for a month or two then Payback would be a better bet imo.

Compared to Underground I'd say its a bit better, but credit where credit is due, Underground is very much a game of its time and really isn't worth comparing to Heat. Each can stand on their own merit imo. I still like UG2, but like Heat as well and would rate both similarly, but wouldn't judge one against the other.

P.S NFS is on discount on PC at the minute with Heat being £27 on origin. I'd say that is a fair price, but again may be worth waiting until it goes lower.

Straight answer, wait until it drops to about £20 ($25). It's a decent game but given the sudden hiatus on DLC there's not a lot of support at the minute. Saying that the initial content is pretty good with plenty of cars to customise and parts to customise. The online community is fairly active and the controls are pretty easy to get into. The shortfalls however are still significant. While the controls aren't complicated things like drifting have been weighted away from the previous two games. The emphasis is more on classic slow in fast out style of cornering where Payback and 2015 were more brake to drift style of arcadey racing. This isn't strictly a fault but depending on what attracted you to nfs it may be seen as a problem since drifting requires greater set up than before. Another fault is the story. It is very short. If you're a solo player there is still plenty to do, but Payback offers more, but if you're a more social player then Heat will be more your beast. Final fault are the cops. Initially they were very aggressive, almost criminally so, but later in the game they posed a fair challenge. Now they're a joke and kind of make the night races a formallity. There is still a challenge at higher heat levels, but lower levels provide no challenge what so ever. All said the game is decent at the minute, but I wouldn't recommend paying full price. On discount it would be worth it but right now if you want something to mess with for a month or two then Payback would be a better bet imo.

Compared to Underground I'd say its a bit better, but credit where credit is due, Underground is very much a game of its time and really isn't worth comparing to Heat. Each can stand on their own merit imo. I still like UG2, but like Heat as well and would rate both similarly, but wouldn't judge one against the other.

P.S NFS is on discount on PC at the minute with Heat being £27 on origin. I'd say that is a fair price, but again may be worth waiting until it goes lower.

Thanks so much for this, really appreciate it. I'll wait for a sale on PS Store, my pc will run this game pretty badly, my GPU probably isn't up to it lol.
Really interesting points, I think I'm going to agree with you on the drifting when I do get it.

Thanks so much for this, really appreciate it. I'll wait for a sale on PS Store, my pc will run this game pretty badly, my GPU probably isn't up to it lol.
Really interesting points, I think I'm going to agree with you on the drifting when I do get it.
Out of curiousity but what spec is your PC?

i5 2500k
16GB DDR3
and the Achilles heel... 6770 GPU

Fair point. I'm rocking the same Ram, but have an i7 7950H also have an RTX2060 (6gb VRam). Things are sweet as a nut, even playing a YT vid in the background, but aside from my overkill you make a good point about the GPU. He's hoping the prices of GPU drop as quick as NFS prices in the months to come :)

They really aren't. Still too low-poly for interior cam and none of the gauges work.

Well it's good enough that they are happy to show it off with the various open top cars available. Of course it would need a bit more polish if we're going to have an actual cockpit cam, but as it is it's better than nothing already.

When games like Horizon & The Crew can have cockpits fully modelled I don't see any reason why NFS couldn't.

I don't think all the cars interior are at the same quality but regardless it is a lot of work for something that not many of the player base will use it. Maybe with Criterion and if they get a bigger team they can to implement it properly.

Final update for Heat is here.

https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-s...s/need-for-speed-shifts-gears-into-the-future
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-D...at-June-Update-Update-Notes/m-p/9166524#M1598

June update patch notes:
Cross-play
Added Cross-play functionality across all platforms.

Once you’ve installed the June update, you will be prompted with the option to activate cross-play, which you can later find in the privacy settings in the game menu. Opting in will allow you to race players across PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on the same server.

You can search for friends in the Find Players menu. Head over to the Party Menu and check the new EA Friends tab to see who’s online across all platforms. In order to create a party and invite them to your game, they naturally need to opt-in for cross-play as well.

In the game, you will see icons next to players' names, indicating which platform they’re playing on, and you can use the proximity voice chat to talk to them.

General Fixes
  • Improved cop car logic to reduce occurrences where cop cars significantly reduced player car health in one hit.
  • Some cops would behave very passive while in a pursuit and not perform maneuvers to stop your car. They should now be more motivated to take you down as long as they’re actively pursuing you. This is no overall buff or nerf of the cops, it just affected a small percentage of cop cars that were pursuing, but not engaging.
  • We fixed an issue where some rewards didn't trigger correctly when hitting 100% of collectables. You should now receive the vanity items Rainbow Nitrous, Black Tire Smoke and the “If you’re happy and you know it” horn.
  • Made a few tweaks so you should encounter error DR1005 less often.
  • Similarly, the probability of inventory synchronization errors has been significantly reduced.
Visual
  • When rushing through the tunnel in Mendoza Keys, you should no longer encounter solid walls popping in.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause vegetation to appear on roads when choosing low and medium graphic settings and using a specific video card.
  • The ‘Racer Challenges’ in the garage should no longer be displayed after reaching Rep level 50.
  • The ‘Rival Crews’ menu is no longer visible in the main menu when you boot the game while offline.
  • Fixed an issue where a time trial wouldn’t show any ghost car when you started it.
  • After driving to a time trial starting point, looking at the leaderboard panel should no longer be blank.
  • A specific beanie was only visible from close range, now it can also be seen from afar.
Audio
  • Cops will now refer to the McLaren P1 GTR correctly in cop chatter.
World
  • Reworked train wagon collision models in Fort Callahan to prevent your car becoming stuck under them.
  • We took a closer look at a few spots where cop cars could drive on the bottom of the ocean or riverbed. Their cars should now get wrecked as intended, and while they’re busy with their own cars, they should no longer be busting you.
Cars
  • Added a sound system interaction point for the Aston Martin Vulcan ‘16.
  • All colors should now be displayed correctly when using specific paints on the side of the Chevrolet Camaro Z28.
  • Decal interaction points for the Lamborghini Aventador S ‘18 and the Roadster variant now work as intended.
  • The second set of stock rims now is aligned with the tires of the Land Rover Defender 110 ‘15.
  • Added a sound system interaction point for the Land Rover Defender 110 ‘15.
  • When using the wide Porsche rear fender on the Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8, aftermarket tail light tints should now be displayed correctly.
  • The Alchemist rear bumper for the Ford Mustang ‘65 is now displayed correctly.
  • Decals applied to the Varis front bumper of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX ‘07 will no longer vanish when accelerating.
  • You can now purchase the stock spoiler for the Nissan 180SX starter car.
  • The model of the Porsche Cayman GT4 2015 now has the spoiler equipped that is displayed in the dealership icon.
  • Added missing sound system interaction point to the Volkswagen Golf GTI ‘76.
  • Added missing sound system interaction point to the Volkswagen Beetle ‘63.
Events
  • The AI drivers would follow interesting routes in a handful of races. We took a look and they should now stick to the racing line.
  • Fixed an issue that could occur when you restarted a time trial after finishing it for the first time and beating the ghost’s time. The UI could behave in a way that would display the ghost from the first time trial run, while you were actually competing against the next best time. That could lead to situations where you thought you beat the opponent, but you also didn’t. This should no longer occur, and the ghost that you see is the one your time will be measured against.
  • When completing the ‘Picknick’ time trial and coming in second, you should now receive the correct amount of Bank.
  • You should now be able to restart the ‘Upload’ mission as intended.
We also improved overall stability and fixed rare instances where the game would crash or hang.

TBD FROM HERE

Release Timing - June 9
  • Xbox One - 7:00 UTC
  • PS4 - 8:00 UTC
  • PC - 9:00 UTC (Origin / Steam)
Estimated File Sizes

• Xbox One - 6.90 GB
    • PS4 - 7.16. GB
    • PC - 1.10 GB

Squid NFS.jpg

Good grief, what a disappointing send-off for a game that had so much potential. Don't know what else to say.

But did it really?

Subjective matter. Personally, I thought the game had the right theme and a decent handling model. Although the story was short, it was enjoyable to work through and thought it would be the perfect set up for Heat to transition into a GaaS type of experience with seasonal events and exclusive prizes.

That was just hopeful thinking which is pretty much meaningless now.

I'm very disappointed by this. I know how hard game development is and I know that the franchise changed ownership recently but to put out a full price title, provide 1 tiny content update that was 50% paid content, and then announce the final update after 7 months is a joke. I'm mainly frustrated at myself for not learning from the previous titles.

Back