Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005) Who Still Plays?

That would be an interesting thing to see, especially if you change out the AI car with something funny like a dump truck or firetruck or something. Could you imagine his pre-race intro with one of those vehicles? That would be funny.

So I'm one big pursuit and five races away from reclaiming the M3 from Razor. Sure enough, when I finished three or four of Bull's races, Razor calls up and raises the heat on JV's Viper (my main at the time) to level 5. If I was going by my original strategy of having one racing car and one heat car, that would have made things pretty tough for me. However, it's a good thing I still had Webster's Vette and Ming's Gallardo to fall back on, as well as the rest of the boss cars up to that point. Got Bull's SLR on the first go around. Finished all of Razor's prerequisite races (holy cow some of those were long) now just have some milestones to get then I can challenge him.

I decided to fool around a bit in arcade mode, and noticed that despite the fact I haven't beaten the game yet, the M3 GTR was available to pick for a race. I did a short two lap circuit race, and then when I tried doing another race in arcade mode, I was locked out of the car select screen. It's now locked on the Career section of the car selection list, saying "No cars in list" and a Heat Level 5 icon on screen. That was quite an interesting bug, anyone else run into that?

C51Rw2I.jpg
That's a bug when you select Showcase mode on Bonus Cars. Don't worry you will not lose your Career Cars though.

Another weird bug that I've encountered is that when you decided to view a Blacklist Car in Career mode, the specs of the BL car you viewed in Arcade mode the specs will go to the stock specs.

I could still go to my garage in career mode, and everything was still accounted for.

I went and restarted the game on my PS3, and sure enough, the M3 is selectable again.

See? Haven't beaten him...

iYkAlmG.jpg

Yet here's the M3, selectable in Quick Race mode...

NbZrfir.jpg

That's a bug when you select Showcase mode on Bonus Cars. Don't worry you will not lose your Career Cars though.

Another weird bug that I've encountered is that when you decided to view a Blacklist Car in Career mode, the specs of the BL car you viewed in Arcade mode the specs will go to the stock specs.

I had that happen to me before, it was annoying to deal with.

I could still go to my garage in career mode, and everything was still accounted for.

I went and restarted the game on my PS3, and sure enough, the M3 is selectable again.

See? Haven't beaten him...

iYkAlmG.jpg

Yet here's the M3, selectable in Quick Race mode...

NbZrfir.jpg
That happens when you view the BL car in Career Mode. Same thing goes to the other BL cars but in stock specs.

Had one messy 30-minute pursuit in Bull's SLR and got just about all blacklist records broken, except for spike strip evasion (I was one off from equaling Razor's record of 30) Immobilized 63 cars, damaged 118, dodged 43 roadblocks, 29 spike strips, 7 helicopters, and a pursuit bounty of 4.8 million. That was pretty gnarly.

Escaped them, beat Razor, got the M3 back, escaped, and now my end of game totals are as follows:

Career Completion: 100%
Bounty: 17,351,405
Cash: 2,062,750

This is the first time I've ever beaten Most Wanted, and I'd like to add that I haven't spent a single dollar since I bought my starter car. Every car I've driven has been raced as is. Beat Sonny with a stock Chevy Cobalt, and made no modifications to any of the cars, save from the free color changing you can do on the stock speedometer.

I would call this also a no-bust run, however, I did make the mistake of hitting select to reset my car when doing Taz's prerequisite races in Sonny's Golf while cops were chasing me. Good thing arrests during races are a simple slap on the wrist, but other than that, no busts.

Had one messy 30-minute pursuit in Bull's SLR and got just about all blacklist records broken, except for spike strip evasion (I was one off from equaling Razor's record of 30) Immobilized 63 cars, damaged 118, dodged 43 roadblocks, 29 spike strips, 7 helicopters, and a pursuit bounty of 4.8 million. That was pretty gnarly.

Escaped them, beat Razor, got the M3 back, escaped, and now my end of game totals are as follows:

Career Completion: 100%
Bounty: 17,351,405
Cash: 2,062,750

This is the first time I've ever beaten Most Wanted, and I'd like to add that I haven't spent a single dollar since I bought my starter car. Every car I've driven has been raced as is. Beat Sonny with a stock Chevy Cobalt, and made no modifications to any of the cars, save from the free color changing you can do on the stock speedometer.

I would call this also a no-bust run, however, I did make the mistake of hitting select to reset my car when doing Taz's prerequisite races in Sonny's Golf while cops were chasing me. Good thing arrests during races are a simple slap on the wrist, but other than that, no busts.
Good job. Now for the Challenge Series. Please note that there's a hidden Challenge Series event but I suggest doing all events first including the Black Edition event and then do the Burger King event.

It can, I have yet to make it a code. All you need to do this with a modified memcard, with FMCB.
I have all that, so I guess I can pull it off. :D I may try to see if I can get it, I have theory it may be a very similar process to the PC version since the save structures are identical on the PS2 version.

About that BMW M3 E46, can it be done by hex editing? (Not asking how, but if)
is it true that every pursuit automatically starts at Heat level 5?
The guide I looked up made it sound like all your cars would be upgraded to Heat level 5 as soon as you beat Bull.
I think you're confusing it with the fact you unlock the heat level later in the game. You don't actually start there unless you raise it yourself.

That sounds gnarly, especially when it comes to the one where you have to evade in under two minutes. Any special strategies for that?
Use a car in your garage that has little to no heat, then get in a pursuit and evade. Easy.

Is it possible to change AI cars with something else?
I know through hex editing you can swap vehicles out with another while in the stock cars list, don't know if it applies to races though.

The rap sheet calls for a 30 minute pursuit, so that is one less challenge for you to worry about.

I think you're confusing it with the fact you unlock the heat level later in the game. You don't actually start there unless you raise it yourself.

Having gone and beaten the game already, Razor calls you up after you beat one of Bull's prerequisite races and raises the heat level on the car you beat one of the races with up to Heat Level 5. At that point, I parked the car I was driving and used another car. That didn't happen again.

Sonygamer455
Use a car in your garage that has little to no heat, then get in a pursuit and evade. Easy.

Did that. Very easy peasy.

Sonygamer455
The rap sheet calls for a 30 minute pursuit, so that is one less challenge for you to worry about.

I had a chance to lose the cops after 26 minutes, but decided to push it to half an hour for that reason exactly.

All that's left for me is to get done with the rest of the challenge series events (the tollbooth challenges are getting pretty difficult) I also have that one spike strip evasion record to beat, and to get in some pursuits to get my lifetime pursuit records up.

I have all that, so I guess I can pull it off. :D I may try to see if I can get it, I have theory it may be a very similar process to the PC version since the save structures are identical on the PS2 version.

About that BMW M3 E46, can it be done by hex editing? (Not asking how, but if)

The tutorial you can find easily on YT, it is pretty easy to follow.

Due to the AUP of GTP I cannot go into detail on the offsets at all.

They do have the same file structure though.

This video helped me tons on my custom save of mine, which you have the Camaro SS '69, Corvette C6R, Merc SL 65, and 2 variants of the BMW M3 GTR (Race), and the regular one the A.I use in career mode.

Having gone and beaten the game already, Razor calls you up after you beat one of Bull's prerequisite races and raises the heat level on the car you beat one of the races with up to Heat Level 5. At that point, I parked the car I was driving and used another car. That didn't happen again.
Now that I think about it, seems like I do remember him doing that. I haven't played through the entire career in many years though.

Did that. Very easy peasy.
I really do think EA expected players to use their best car for it and didn't even realize they could do that if they wanted. Quite an oversight if you ask me.

I had a chance to lose the cops after 26 minutes, but decided to push it to half an hour for that reason exactly.
I finally managed to pull it off last night using an old strategy I used years ago on my other profile and here was my results:
image.jpeg

I got about 4,500,000 in that one pursuit alone, but I didn't get a picture of it though. I'll check my rap sheet tonight.

All that's left for me is to get done with the rest of the challenge series events (the tollbooth challenges are getting pretty difficult) I also have that one spike strip evasion record to beat, and to get in some pursuits to get my lifetime pursuit records up.
Same. I managed to nuke every last single pursuit ranking in that one pursuit alone.

The tutorial you can find easily on YT, it is pretty easy to follow.

Due to the AUP of GTP I cannot go into detail on the offsets at all.
Yea I know about that video, it was how I learned in the first place.

The big question is, can this method be used to get the BMW M3 E46?
They do have the same file structure though.
Indeed. The only difference I have noticed is the letters you use to search for tune slots is different on the PS2 version.

This video helped me tons on my custom save of mine, which you have the Camaro SS '69, Corvette C6R, Merc SL 65, and 2 variants of the BMW M3 GTR (Race), and the regular one the A.I use in career mode.
Same. I was in the process of adding every car in the game including the AI traffic cars once, but then something happened and it started crashing every time I went to the stock car list. Good thing I made a back up! :)

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Well, finally 100% the game completely tonight. Beat all the challenge series events, including the Burger King Challenge, and just finished up breaking all the rap sheet records. Had a long pursuit to take care of the spike strip dodging record in a single pursuit. Unfortunately, the way I've been going through the game, I've made sure to get all the milestones and bounty requirements done in a single pursuit. While this has made progress on all the other records a breeze, I've been deficient on infractions, because each one is only recorded once per pursuit. This left me with an endgame total of about 210ish infractions, so a long way behind JV's record of 500.

For the past two or three hours, I have been starting pursuits in front of the Rosewood police station, backed up and rammed the gate to get the destruction of property one and driving off the roadway one, trying to ram the cop, and then using the communication tower to immobilize the cop and escape, giving me the resisting arrest infraction. I go up on that "bridge" above the main roadway with the umbrella tables and the wall that says "Welcome To Rosewood" until the cooldown finishes. Lather, rinse, repeat, cycling through cars when the heat eventually gets too high. 80+ pursuits later, and I finally got enough infractions to beat that last record.

Something I've been wanting to ask you guys, what's your MO when it comes to pursuits? Do you like tackling milestones one at a time, or do you like getting them all done in one big pursuit? Is there a particular route you take when you're being chased? What are your favorite/preferred ways of ending pursuits? Do you guys keep the music on while you're playing the game, or do you have something else playing in the background?

As I stated before, I like doing my milestones all in one go. My particularly favorite route to take the police on is the highway loop around Rosewood because it's straightforward and very high speed, lowering the amount of opportunities the cops have of pinning you. It also leads to my favorite spot to end a pursuit, the baseball stadium. Pop in there, slowing down to make sure a bunch of the cops are close to me, drop the pursuit breaker, drop the other pursuit breaker if one of them missed the first one, and then swing around to the hiding spot. Most of the time it works, but other times I have to improvise. As for musical selection, I have the in-game music completely turned off, and I've been listening to other things on my laptop. A few of the abridged series on YouTube, radio stations from GTA (started off with all the talk radio stations, so funny!), and even some stuff on my computer when I'm in the mood to listen to a particular song.

I've been deficient on infractions, because each one is only recorded once per pursuit. This left me with an endgame total of about 210ish infractions, so a long way behind JV's record of 500.
I am at the 300's range and still have a lot to do. You can get up to 8 infractions per pursuit. It's easy to do if you have the right car, but sometimes it don't register like it's supposed to, which makes it difficult at times.

Do you like tackling milestones one at a time, or do you like getting them all done in one big pursuit?
Back in the days, it varied for me, sometimes I did one, other times I did several. Now, I try to tackle as much as I can, mainly for the rap sheet.

Is there a particular route you take when you're being chased?
I have a route I go by now which helped me get the 30 minute pursuit down. It's the top left portion of the map where the bridge path is as well as the stadium. (Don't know the name) I travel on the highway around it. As long as you are going fast, you'll be fine.

What are your favorite/preferred ways of ending pursuits?
In areas that have both a pursuit breaker and a hiding spot. Like the baseball field or one of the construction sites.

Do you guys keep the music on while you're playing the game, or do you have something else playing in the background?
I do. I always have.

I am at the 300's range and still have a lot to do. You can get up to 8 infractions per pursuit. It's easy to do if you have the right car, but sometimes it don't register like it's supposed to, which makes it difficult at times.

The key isn't necessarily getting all 8 infractions in one pursuit, it's getting as many as you can in quick succession and then getting away. The method I was doing it, I was getting on average, four infractions per pursuit, and I'd be gone and ready to do another pursuit anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. There would be some times when the cop wouldn't "witness" me committing the infractions, sometimes he would wind up running into the communications tower on his own, taking himself out, leaving me with one infraction, and there were a few occasions where he just turned the other way and took off. On about heat level 4, some of the other cops would find me before the cooldown ran out, and so I'd have to lose them as I normally would.

Sonygamer455
I have a route I go by now which helped me get the 30 minute pursuit down. It's the top left portion of the map where the bridge path is as well as the stadium. (Don't know the name) I travel on the highway around it. As long as you are going fast, you'll be fine.

I think we have the same route. It's the highway loop around Rosewood.

You know, I wonder how fast you could beat the game using the speed test BMW from start to finish. That car is fully capable of beating the whole game and then some. I should do a speed run with it! :D
The key isn't necessarily getting all 8 infractions in one pursuit, it's getting as many as you can in quick succession and then getting away. The method I was doing it, I was getting on average, four infractions per pursuit, and I'd be gone and ready to do another pursuit anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. There would be some times when the cop wouldn't "witness" me committing the infractions, sometimes he would wind up running into the communications tower on his own, taking himself out, leaving me with one infraction, and there were a few occasions where he just turned the other way and took off. On about heat level 4, some of the other cops would find me before the cooldown ran out, and so I'd have to lose them as I normally would.
Maybe I am an overachiever. I guess it's more about how many you can get it a short time span rather than how many you can get period. I'll try that.

I think we have the same route. It's the highway loop around Rosewood.
After reading your post, I wondered if that was it, but I wasn't sure.

You can easily get a 30 minute pursuit in, all you have to do is stay fast and avoid the spike strips, hit the roadblocks properly and watch out for the Rhino units.

Well, finally beat the rap sheet and pretty much everything in career mode. Took me a while to get the lifetime infractions topped out, but luckily I managed to there much quicker using a new tactic I recently came up with. I can't remember if this has been posted or not, but going to bounty and starting the police station works very well. You get "driving off the roadway" almost instantly upon driving, "damage to property" and "ramming a police vehicle" come very easy as well. Then you can simply use the pursuit breaker, then drive a short way to the safe house and like that you can get 4 infractions in about 20 seconds or less! (You get resisting arrest just for evading them) I got it done much quicker using this tactic.

Currently working on the challenge series. I got mad and decided to use Codebreaker cheats since I was struggling with the tollbooth race with the mini van. Even with infinite nos, I am still struggling on some challenges and I don't even want to know how it is without cheats.

Last edited:
Well, finally beat the rap sheet and pretty much everything in career mode. Took me a while to get the lifetime infractions topped out, but luckily I managed to there much quicker using a new tactic I recently came up with. I can't remember if this has been posted or not, but going to bounty and starting the police station works very well. You get "driving off the roadway" almost instantly upon driving, "damage to property" and "ramming a police vehicle" come very easy as well. Then you can simply use the pursuit breaker, then drive a short way to the safe house and like that you can get 4 infractions in about 20 seconds or less! (You get resisting arrest just for evading them) I got it done much quicker using this tactic.

Yup, just check my posts on this very page, I posted about that faster method about four posts above yours.

Yup, just check my posts on this very page, I posted about that faster method about four posts above yours.
I thought I remembered seeing it, but I wasn't sure. I feel dumb now. :lol:

Once I finish the challenge series on my cousins profile, that will be it for that one. I still have my own profile to worry about and luckily it has most career related stuff done, just need to get the challenge series beaten. Whenever I get a 128MB memory card, I am going to start the whole game over again on a completely new profile. Play it normally first and then restart the career using cheats and all that good stuff. :D

I've spent more time on the Challenge Series than the Career mode. :lol:
I got stuck on the tollbooth with the black CLK 500, then gave up. I couldn't complete the tollbooth with the police Corvette either.

Anyway, I decided to start a fresh career instead of continuing my old save. I got up to Blacklist 2 and will hopefully be able to complete the career mode this weekend.

Has anybody managed to get all the Blacklist cars into there Garage? On my second save (just for the blacklist cars) i got every one until #10 Baron. Just gives me something more to do since i completed the game 100% on the other save. :sly:

Did that on my first full playthrough actually! I was glad you could get all of them in your garage, but getting them can take some save scumming. (JV, I'm looking at you.) I really enjoyed doing that, not to mention, you can progress through and finish the game without spending any money by just taking all the blacklist cars.

There are a lot of ways for a NFSMW player to finish Most Wanted. So far the common ways of finishing Most Wanted is by either:

1. Get all the BL cars so you can avoid spending cash on upgrades and new cars.
2. The NFS way. Buy new cars and upgrade them.

So far no.2 is common especially in the last parts of MW where the player has access to the Carrera GT.

I'm actually thinking of playing MW again but this time with restrictions. Can someone give me some rules that I can follow in my next playthrough?

Finally managed to finish this game. :D I've owned it for over seven years and only finished it now. :lol:
I beat Razor with Bull's McLaren and immediately regretted having to drive the M3 to escape from Rockport. :lol:

I haven't been on MW in a few days, ever since I learned how Carbon can be hex edited on the PS2 version, I have spent hours and hours learning the basics of it. Done it so much, I am quite sick of it and the game itself for the time being. Luckily, I have a lot I want to do in MW before I go back to Carbon, so maybe I can get over my frustration by then. I am going to get back to the game in about a day or two and finish where I left off.

I am only a few challenges away from beating the challenge series on my cousins profile. I never beat the challenge series before at all, so this all new to me.

This is the most funnest (is that even a word?) play through of NFSMW I had yet :D

The cars I've been using so far
These images are kinda large... You've been warned :lol:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Been playing on and off on 360 for the past couple months, on the 5th or 6th racer I think. Pretty fun.

Been playing on and off on 360 for the past couple months, on the 5th or 6th racer I think. Pretty fun.
I started Friday night and now I'm about to challenge razor after this race.... If I really wanted to go hard I would've gotten to him Saturday night

Back