Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005) Who Still Plays?

So as I pointed out in my status, I have started a new career and it has kind of refreshed how I feel about the game once again. I forgot most of the intro due to how long it's been since starting over. I chose a Golf as my starting car and I have yet to even buy any performance for it. I am going to see how far I can get without buying any parts. I am playing this one normally without any cheats and then when I am done, I will get game over and start it again with cheats, hacks and all the good stuff.

Another thing that's been on my mind. I came up with a theory many years ago that the markers move one to the right with every every boss race granted you win without losing or restarting and if you do lose or restart, it will move even more. For example, the marker to Sonny's ride was the one on the far left for me, the marker to Taz's car was the middle one, so Big Lou's marker will be the far right when I beat him. That part seems true. However, what I am not so certain about is the part about it moving again if I restart or lose the boss race, that I have never been 100% sure about.

I think it's time I finally test the theory and see if what I came up with many years ago was true....

So as I pointed out in my status, I have started a new career and it has kind of refreshed how I feel about the game once again. I forgot most of the intro due to how long it's been since starting over. I chose a Golf as my starting car and I have yet to even buy any performance for it. I am going to see how far I can get without buying any parts. I am playing this one normally without any cheats and then when I am done, I will get game over and start it again with cheats, hacks and all the good stuff.

Another thing that's been on my mind. I came up with a theory many years ago that the markers move one to the right with every every boss race granted you win without losing or restarting and if you do lose or restart, it will move even more. For example, the marker to Sonny's ride was the one on the far left for me, the marker to Taz's car was the middle one, so Vic's marker will be the far right when I beat him. That part seems true. However, what I am not so certain about is the part about it moving again if I restart or lose the boss race, that I have never been 100% sure about.

I think it's time I finally test the theory and see if what I came up with many years ago was true....

I'm sure you already know this, but the AI racers in this game actually just match the performance of your car, so if you don't use any upgrades, you'll still be able to beat them about as easily as with upgrades. The real problem with not using upgrades is the cops, who do not adjust to your performance level. I don't even want to think about heat level 5 in a stock starter car. :eek:

As for the markers, I don't think it works like that. Yesterday, I beat Sonny and got his car from the far left marker, then beat Taz without any restarts, but his car was not in the middle one. I think the markers are actually just randomly placed, but keep testing anyway. I would love to be proven wrong. :P

I'm sure you already know this, but the AI racers in this game actually just match the performance of your car, so if you don't use any upgrades, you'll still be able to beat them about as easily as with upgrades. The real problem with not using upgrades is the cops, who do not adjust to your performance level. I don't even want to think about heat level 5 in a stock starter car. :eek:
Indeed. I'll have to upgrade eventually to deal with those cops. I don't worry about the racers much.
As for the markers, I don't think it works like that. Yesterday, I beat Sonny and got his car from the far left marker, then beat Taz without any restarts, but his car was not in the middle one. I think the markers are actually just randomly placed, but keep testing anyway. I would love to be proven wrong. :P
Are you sure it wasn't the middle one for Taz? Hmm, could vary between different copies of the game. Since I am still early into the game, I will experiment with the rival I am currently on and see if what I said is true.

I meant to start my new career back in September so I would have plenty time to play Carbon before Christmas, but I guess i'll have to change things up. :ouch: I have more time to myself now than I ever did 10 years ago, so it shouldn't take me nearly as long as it did back then.

Indeed. I'll have to upgrade eventually to deal with those cops. I don't worry about the racers much.
Are you sure it wasn't the middle one for Taz? Hmm, could vary between different copies of the game. Since I am still early into the game, I will experiment with the rival I am currently on and see if what I said is true.

I meant to start my new career back in September so I would have plenty time to play Carbon before Christmas, but I guess i'll have to change things up. :ouch: I have more time to myself now than I ever did 10 years ago, so it shouldn't take me nearly as long as it did back then.
Maybe we need to find the calculations for the markers to where anyone can have a 90-100% chance.

Maybe we need to find the calculations for the markers to where anyone can have a 90-100% chance.
I have hacking experience in this game and Carbon, but it doesn't extend that far. My experience is mainly with cars, customizations and even manipulating the rap sheet, but not anything like this. I'll leave that to you I guess.

Maybe make it so you have more reward cards to select instead of 2? Being able to have them all would be crazy! :lol:

I've got a useful little spot that I'd like to share. I've never heard anyone else mention this, although I'm sure I'm not the only one who has figured it out. I've taken some pictures to help find it (sorry for the poor quality) :

Down around the Point Camden area...
jKb57Xy.jpg

You'll find this little alleyway across the street from a shop:
kq13Gpm.jpg

pZfBwnw.jpg

There is a hiding spot in here if you are in cooldown, but what you might not immediately realize is that the police are completely incapable of following you in here. No matter how many cops are following you, no matter what heat level you are in, all of them will just stop outside on the street and slam into each other or the walls until you go into cooldown and they give up.

You can just come here, activate speedbreaker and fling your car in here and wait. The chopper is the only thing that can stop you from escaping, but you can still come in here when it's in the air, you'll just have to sit and wait until it leaves.

It's also useful for the final pursuit: just sit tight until Mia calls.

I've got a useful little spot that I'd like to share. I've never heard anyone else mention this, although I'm sure I'm not the only one who has figured it out. I've taken some pictures to help find it (sorry for the poor quality) :

Down around the Point Camden area...
jKb57Xy.jpg

You'll find this little alleyway across the street from a shop:
kq13Gpm.jpg

pZfBwnw.jpg

There is a hiding spot in here if you are in cooldown, but what you might not immediately realize is that the police are completely incapable of following you in here. No matter how many cops are following you, no matter what heat level you are in, all of them will just stop outside on the street and slam into each other or the walls until you go into cooldown and they give up.

You can just come here, activate speedbreaker and fling your car in here and wait. The chopper is the only thing that can stop you from escaping, but you can still come in here when it's in the air, you'll just have to sit and wait until it leaves.

It's also useful for the final pursuit: just sit tight until Mia calls.
I find it's the best option if you happen to lose sight of the cops in the shipyards because of how easy it is to get into and, as you said, the way the cops never venture down it but I've only ever used it once as I'm almost never down that way when I do lose the cops. In fact, in my whole NFSMW Pursuit series I think I've only used that hiding spot once:

I find it's the best option if you happen to lose sight of the cops in the shipyards because of how easy it is to get into and, as you said, the way the cops never venture down it but I've only ever used it once as I'm almost never down that way when I do lose the cops. In fact, in my whole NFSMW Pursuit series I think I've only used that hiding spot once:

Great video!

Anyway, the main reason I wanted to mention this spot is because I've never seen anyone realize that it is essentially a cheat. You don't even have to lose the cops, you can just pull in there right in front of them. Even if you pull in and sit right in plain sight without going all the way around the corner, they will still just sit and stare at you like idiots. It's pretty much foolproof. Or at least, on PS2 anyway; I see you're playing on PC, so maybe it's different.

Great video!

Anyway, the main reason I wanted to mention this spot is because I've never seen anyone realize that it is essentially a cheat. You don't even have to lose the cops, you can just pull in there right in front of them. Even if you pull in and sit right in plain sight without going all the way around the corner, they will still just sit and stare at you like idiots. It's pretty much foolproof. Or at least, on PS2 anyway; I see you're playing on PC, so maybe it's different.
I thought it was that way with all blindspots, that as long as you lose sight of them beforehand, you can sit in the blindspot in plain view of them and they won't do anything.

Okay about the pink slip marker theory, the part about it moving if you lose against them is apparently not true. The marker for Vic was on the far right as it should be despite me losing against him once. (Taz's was in the middle)

Myth busted I guess! I haven't experimented with the "restart" part of the theory though. Will deal with that on the next rival.

I thought it was that way with all blindspots, that as long as you lose sight of them beforehand, you can sit in the blindspot in plain view of them and they won't do anything.

Wait, do you mean there are more spots that work like this one? I personally haven't found any others, but I suppose there could be more.

Wait, do you mean there are more spots that work like this one? I personally haven't found any others, but I suppose there could be more.
I mean I thought every blindspot in the game worked that way but I could be wrong on that.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

Then no, they definitely do not work like that. If you go into cooldown and pull into one of them, then get spotted by a cop, the pursuit will resume and the meter will start moving toward busted again. There's just something about this little alleyway that makes you untouchable as long as you are in it. A pathing error in the cops AI I suppose.

Then no, they definitely do not work like that. If you go into cooldown and pull into one of them, then get spotted by a cop, the pursuit will resume and the meter will start moving toward busted again. There's just something about this little alleyway that makes you untouchable as long as you are in it. A pathing error in the cops AI I suppose.
There are a few other areas I think the cops don't venture into, although some are still visible from the roadway, but I think the one you mentioned is the most foolproof spot to hide in.

So I tested the restart theory with the pink slip markers, looks like I was wrong! :dunce: I tried restarting once and winning and then without restarting. Both times, the marker for Izzy's ride was on the far right just like the rival before her, then I challenge Big Lou and his was in the middle. After all these years, this myth has been busted! I have a feeling on some copies the pink slips are fixed in a certain position for each boss and it never changes. If it isn't that, maybe it is completely random. I'll find out when start my career over again.

In other news, I have made it to Baron in my stock Golf and I still have yet to buy any upgrades for it. I have a feeling this will be where it will meet it's match though. Have to wait and see.

I thought the markers were randomized?
It is. A game usually presents in the percentage type line of getting the markers you want to get. For example, you have 4 markers total, but you have 25% on each of a chance to get a Rival Car. While other tickets are not rare to see, which have more of outcome of 75% of chance to get them. It just let's you get the rare values of the cars in the blacklists.

It works a bit like TXRD2 friending in a way, but less tough to get the cars you want.

Unbelievable. Without any cheats, I thought for sure my stock Golf would have met it's match by now, but I have managed to beat Jewels and am on Kaz now, and I still have yet to buy any parts for it! :eek: Didn't expect it to go on this long honestly. I am convinced the rubberbanding is just weird at this point, because this is just ridiculous.

I am kind of ready for it to meet it's match already, not because of difficulty, but mainly because I am just getting bored with this. When I wanted to play it normally, this wasn't what I had in mind. :indiff: Oh well, I would have done it eventually and I have come too far to give up anyways.

Edit: I even have yet to be busted, at all.

Unbelievable. Without any cheats, I thought for sure my stock Golf would have met it's match by now, but I have managed to beat Jewels and am on Kaz now, and I still have yet to buy any parts for it! :eek: Didn't expect it to go on this long honestly. I am convinced the rubberbanding is just weird at this point, because this is just ridiculous.

I am kind of ready for it to meet it's match already, not because of difficulty, but mainly because I am just getting bored with this. When I wanted to play it normally, this wasn't what I had in mind. :indiff: Oh well, I would have done it eventually and I have come too far to give up anyways.

Edit: I even have yet to be busted, at all.
You got balls of steal!

However, I guess the A.I is just weird, and physically detunes to your specifications. I have no idea about the Blacklist Cars though. Are they about stock once you earn them?

I wonder if you can beat Razor with a stock Golf..... I wonder....

You got balls of steal!

However, I guess the A.I is just weird, and physically detunes to your specifications. I have no idea about the Blacklist Cars though. Are they about stock once you earn them?

I've heard of people beating Razor with stock Punto's before, so I'm pretty sure that the blacklist racers adjust to your performance just like the regular racers. I will admit that I've never gone very far into the game without upgrading though, so I can't verify for certain.

You got balls of steal!

However, I guess the A.I is just weird, and physically detunes to your specifications. I have no idea about the Blacklist Cars though.
Thanks! :lol: It's actually not as hard as you would think. I really did not expect to get this far and I can't say it's fun because it isn't. :indiff: The AI does seem to go easier on you, including the blacklist. Not even Earl was a problem for me. The drag race with Jewels however was very hard and you pretty much have to be lucky and hope she crashes to win. Believe me, I fought her enough times to know.

The cops are actually not as bad as I expected, but I am sure those Corvettes will be killer when I unlock x5 heat level.

Are they about stock once you earn them?
Not quite, seems like I remember them having some tuning. I'll look when I get on today.

I'll give it a shot sometime, perhaps on my "modded career".

I did upgrade the cars, but you can still hold off on them for a while.
I wonder how far I can push it. :mischievous:

I am struggling very hard to beat any of Kaze's races, some of them I know my Golf will not be able to beat and i'll be surprised if I even get far enough to challenge her. The Golf's biggest weaknesses are Speedtrap and drag races, it doesn't seem to take them as well as the rest. If Kaze doesn't get me, Ming certainly will.

Once my Golf kicks the bucket, I think I am just going to stop there and restart my career because this really wasn't how I wanted my first playthrough in 10 years to go. As I said, I never expected to get this far. In the end though, I would have done this eventually and at least that's one less challenge for me in the future. For now, let's see how far I can milk this Volkswagen!

A lot I want to say here so just bare with me guys.

Stock Golf Challenge
Well, without buying any performance parts or using cheats, I think my Golf has finally reached it's end. I have gotten to the point where I am only 2 races away from challenging Kaze, Blacklist rival #7, and I can honestly say, unless some crazy glitch happens, their is no way it can beat the last few to challenge her. So the road ends here for me on this challenge.

Think you can prove me wrong? When I get my computer fixed, I will upload my PS2 save game and you can give it a shot, but remember, the rule is, no performance parts or cheat codes. That's what this challenge is about. ;)

Getting "Game Over" in Most Wanted and restarting the career
So I decided to experiment with what happens if you get all your cars impounded and unfortunately it's not like Carbon. In Most Wanted, it requires you create a new save game rather than just using the one you already have like Carbon did. Because of this, you pretty much have to start the whole game over again from the beginning and not just the career itself sadly. Hope this helps for anybody who was thinking about doing this.

A lot I want to say here so just bare with me guys.

Stock Golf Challenge
Well, without buying any performance parts or using cheats, I think my Golf has finally reached it's end. I have gotten to the point where I am only 2 races away from challenging Kaze, Blacklist rival #7, and I can honestly say, unless some crazy glitch happens, their is no way it can beat the last few to challenge her. So the road ends here for me on this challenge.

Think you can prove me wrong? When I get my computer fixed, I will upload my PS2 save game and you can give it a shot, but remember, the rule is, no performance parts or cheat codes. That's what this challenge is about. ;)

Getting "Game Over" in Most Wanted and restarting the career
So I decided to experiment with what happens if you get all your cars impounded and unfortunately it's not like Carbon. In Most Wanted, it requires you create a new save game rather than just using the one you already have like Carbon did. Because of this, you pretty much have to start the whole game over again from the beginning and not just the career itself sadly. Hope this helps for anybody who was thinking about doing this.
How about trying my challenge? The M3 GTR challenge where you need to complete Career Mode only with the M3 GTR. The M3 I'm referring to is the one you use before Razor took it.

How about trying my challenge? The M3 GTR challenge where you need to complete Career Mode only with the M3 GTR. The M3 I'm referring to is the one you use before Razor took it.
How could that even be possible? You can't keep it past the race with razor

Back