Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005) Who Still Plays?

So, I finally made my way back to the game today and finished the last challenge series event on my main profile. I will admit, I did use the "never get busted" Codebreaker cheat to finish it because I felt it wasn't worth frustrating myself over. I left it alone while I did other things, came back and I was in x6 heat level! A part from the final pursuit, I don't think I have ever been in x6 on my own. Seems like I read once you have to be in a pursuit for a certain amount of time for it to get there.

Heat Level 6 only appears in the final pursuit, and during the last challenge series event.

Of course, you can trigger it normally using mods or a debug menu. ;)

Heat Level 6 only appears in the final pursuit, and during the last challenge series event.

Of course, you can trigger it normally using mods or a debug menu. ;)
And the M3 GTR keeps its Heat level after the final pursuit, but if you make any visual changes then you can't go beyond Heat 5

Since completing the last challenge series event, I now have 100% on everything on my cousins profile I primarily use. Now I have moved to my own profile and got much progress done on the rap sheet, all I really have left to do is get 500 infractions and I will be good. (Currently on 350) I have a lot of work to do on the challenge series, it appears I only ever done 2 challenges back in the days! :crazy:

Still planning on creating a whole new career and just starting fresh again for the first time in nearly a decade, but that will wait until I am finished with my current one.

Last edited:
So, I just did the Black Edition challenge in the Challenge Series. They call it "the hardest in the series", but frankly I think that's a joke. I managed to beat that challenge in 1:05, without cheats. I find most of the other challenges to be much harder than that one. I was surprised to find out it consisted of nothing but rhino units though.

I also got all the other challenge series events done and have maxed out both profiles. Sometime I will start a whole new one and have some fun with it all over again for the first time in 10 years. I think I will use a cheat code to have all the challenge series events completed without having to do them because I hate doing the challenge series.

Last edited:
Hey guys, (off-topic) I was wondering does anybody still play Underground 2? I'm thinking of running a weekly car builds contest.

Hey guys, (off-topic) I was wondering does anybody still play Underground 2? I'm thinking of running a weekly car builds contest.
I have it on PC, although don't play it much anymore, but would love to take part in a car build contest on it

Not Most Wanted related, but I found a video showcasing beta Underground 2 car selection and guess what, I've found something real interesting at 0:32 mark.

Not Most Wanted related, but I found a video showcasing beta Underground 2 car selection and guess what, I've found something real interesting at 0:32 mark.

Yup, the Integra Type R, Honda S2000, were cut, with the Impreza 2.5RS.

I have the menus unlocked within the .ELF.

Yup, the Integra Type R, Honda S2000, were cut, with the Impreza 2.5RS.

I have the menus unlocked within the .ELF.
Let's not forget the Acura NSX. So it seems the rumors were through. The NSX was supposed to be in NFSUG2.

Can we continue this discussion in the NFSUG2 thread?

Was looking through the game files on PC and noticed that there is 1 car that should've been in the game but must've been canned last minute (most likely due to licencing) and that car is the Nissan 350Z. While it was present in Underground 2 it is completely absent in Most Wanted yet in the CARS folder there is a folder labelled "350Z", but while all playable vehicles have "GEOMETRY", "PREVINYL", "TEXTURES" and "VINYLS" BIN files, the 350Z folder only has "PREVINYL" and "VINYLS" which to me seems as if they planned to include the 350Z in the final release but couldn't get permission from Nissan to do it.

bandicam 6052.jpg
bandicam 6053.jpg

Was looking through the game files on PC and noticed that there is 1 car that should've been in the game but must've been canned last minute (most likely due to licencing) and that car is the Nissan 350Z. While it was present in Underground 2 it is completely absent in Most Wanted yet in the CARS folder there is a folder labelled "350Z", but while all playable vehicles have "GEOMETRY", "PREVINYL", "TEXTURES" and "VINYLS" BIN files, the 350Z folder only has "PREVINYL" and "VINYLS" which to me seems as if they planned to include the 350Z in the final release but couldn't get permission from Nissan to do it.

View attachment 607220 View attachment 607221
It looks like there was meant to be a BMW M3, too:
BMW M3 NSFMW.PNG

BMW M3 Model NSFMW.PNG

I thought that was just for the GTR Strassenversion. Also, since there is the Geomotry and Textures files, if it is a standard M3 it could be obtainable in the game in some way since it seems to have all the files of a normal NFSMW car.
I'm assuming that these files are for both versions of the GTR:
BMW M3 GTR NSFMW.PNG

View attachment 607220 View attachment 607221
It's old news. As far as I remember, it has no textures last time I checked.

It looks like there was meant to be a BMW M3, too:
View attachment 610723
View attachment 610724
Yep. Me and Jake talked about this one earlier. Their is a video of it on Youtube for the PC version, but it lacks textures. The PS2 version has them however, here is a picture:
latest

Felipe did a video a few years ago on the regular M3, it exists in the game in an unfinished state, but the PS2 version has a complete body with bad rim positions.
Leaves me to wonder if the PS2 version was an earlier build than the PC version.

Speaking of which, is it possible to obtain it with cheat devices?
I'm assuming that these files are for both versions of the GTR:
View attachment 610881
If I remember correctly:

BMWM3GTR = M3 GTR (The one we know very well)
BWwM3GTRE46 = M3 GTR (Street)

Well, this game has soaked up a pretty good amount of my time over the last 11 years, and I've decided to dive back in again. I've realized that throughout all of my time with this game, I've kind of ignored a chunk of this games car list for various (dumb) reasons. So this time, I'll be mostly using cars that I've never really used much before. So my choice of starter car was simple: the Fiat Punto. Why have I ignored the Punto? Because I used to hate hatchbacks for whatever reason. I was dumb when I was younger...

I'm also going to be gathering a full set of Junkman performance upgrades to recreate this glitch:

This guy also has a bunch of other awesome glitches for Most Wanted and other NFS games as well, so I'd recommend checking his videos out.

Well, this game has soaked up a pretty good amount of my time over the last 11 years, and I've decided to dive back in again. I've realized that throughout all of my time with this game, I've kind of ignored a chunk of this games car list for various (dumb) reasons. So this time, I'll be mostly using cars that I've never really used much before. So my choice of starter car was simple: the Fiat Punto. Why have I ignored the Punto? Because I used to hate hatchbacks for whatever reason. I was dumb when I was younger...

I'm also going to be gathering a full set of Junkman performance upgrades to recreate this glitch:

This guy also has a bunch of other awesome glitches for Most Wanted and other NFS games as well, so I'd recommend checking his videos out.

Most of that video looks like it's been sped up, just listen to the music, but the part at the end looks like normal speed (after 3:30).

Most of that video looks like it's been sped up, just listen to the music, but the part at the end looks like normal speed (after 3:30).

Yes, the first bit of the video is sped up. It says so when he's lined up at the start line of the race at 2:27. However, I can confirm that the actual speed glitch shown near the end is legit as I've done it myself, but only in quick race. It supposedly will work in career as well, so I'm going to find out for sure.

Latest Posts

Back