Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005) Who Still Plays?

I hope you're right.

Here are some crappy tv screen pictures showing a small handful of bonus cars that actually cost.

First and foremost, the M3 GTR we all know. $500,000.
View attachment 554525

The slower variant of the M3 GTR. You may not have heard of this one before, but it is slower than the one we all know (Notice the lower specs?) and it comes in red. Same as the other one.
View attachment 554526

Lastly, the Camaro SS. For some mysterious reason, it's only $5. :odd:
View attachment 554527

The Corvette C6 R, street BMW M3 GTR along with all the playable traffic cars from the challenge series (Taxi, Pizza Car, Cement Mixer, etc.) are all $0. Haven't unlocked the Porsche 911 GT3 or that AMG yet, so I have no idea on those.
That slow M3 GTR is the one that was used in the prologue. And remember someone posted here before that there were two Mustangs in the game and one of them is faster than the stock Mustang. So could it be that those two cars are the ones being used for the prologue part of the game?

I dare someone to do a career mode but restricted only to using the slow M3 GTR that @Sonygamer455 posted.

That slow M3 GTR is the one that was used in the prologue.
Oh, so that explains it's existence. I didn't know what it's purpose was until now. Where exactly is it? (It's been a LONG time for me)

And remember someone posted here before that there were two Mustangs in the game and one of them is faster than the stock Mustang.
Yea that was Jason that posted them. The faster one is believed to be Razor's Mustang used in the beginning of the game.

So could it be that those two cars are the ones being used for the prologue part of the game?
I don't know about the red BMW, but the Mustang, highly likely.

I dare someone to do a career mode but restricted only to using the slow M3 GTR that @Sonygamer455 posted.
Interesting challenge. :P

Imagine challenging Razor's M3 GTR with the slower variant! That would set an example of how the rubber banding is in the game.

Prices for the Black Edition bonus cars (PC):
speed 5338.jpg
speed 5339.jpg
speed 5340.jpg

Prices for the other cars show up as the same as those in @Sonygamer455's post so I presume these would cost the same on PS2.

I also have access to some traffic cars and all the marked cop cars but they're all free as well.

There's actually one final hidden car in the Black Edition of MW that you can only get by hex-editing it to either your garage or the car dealer (Don't know if the normal version of the game has it):

P1gy97H.jpg

It is an exact physical copy of the BMW M3 GTR Street. But once start driving it, you can tell that the spirit of the GT2 Escudo Pikes Peak resides in it.

Here's the video where I found it:

Prices for the other cars show up as the same as those in @Sonygamer455's post so I presume these would cost the same on PS2.
Should be. The PC and PS2 versions are so closely a like, even their file structure is similar. (I know from experience since I have hacked both versions)

I also have access to some traffic cars and all the marked cop cars but they're all free as well.
Yea the playable traffic cars from the challenge series all cost $0.

It is also possible to get the "semi playable" AI traffic cars (Like the ones you commonly run into in career) as well and they are also $0.

There's actually one final hidden car in the Black Edition of MW that you can only get by hex-editing it to either your garage or the car dealer (Don't know if the normal version of the game has it):

P1gy97H.jpg

It is an exact physical copy of the BMW M3 GTR Street. But once start driving it, you can tell that the spirit of the GT2 Escudo Pikes Peak resides in it.

Here's the video where I found it:

Yep that's the speed test variant of the BMW M3 GTR (Street). It is available in the normal version of the game as the Black Edition, but of course, like you said, it can only be accessed by hex editing. It does share the same car model as the original M3 GTR (Street). It's specs appear to be very low when looking at the stats, but in truth it is like "The Escudo of NFS Most Wanted". Driven it before on the PS2 version, amazing car!

Last edited:
Yep that's the speed test variant of the BMW GTR (Street). It is available in the normal version of the game as the Black Edition, but of course, like you said, it can only be accessed by hex editing. It does share the same car model as the original M3 GTR (Street). It's specs appear to be very low when looking at the stats, but in truth it is like "The Escudo of NFS Most Wanted". Driven it before on the PS2 version, amazing car!

Hoo, boy. I play the game using the X360 controller, and since this game has zero deadzones, even the slightest tap on the analog stick will send this beast at a 90-degree angle @250+ MPH. I love it!

There's a couple of videos on YT that showcases the demos for Most Wanted and its hidden content. It's cool to see how much the game evolves throughout its development.

Last edited:
Oh, so that explains it's existence. I didn't know what it's purpose was until now. Where exactly is it? (It's been a LONG time for me)

Yea that was Jason that posted them. The faster one is believed to be Razor's Mustang used in the beginning of the game.

I don't know about the red BMW, but the Mustang, highly likely.

Interesting challenge. :P

Imagine challenging Razor's M3 GTR with the slower variant! That would set an example of how the rubber banding is in the game.
That challenge is a what if....scenario. What if Razor never even took your M3 instead he thinks its too weak against his Mustang so instead he takes away a lot cash from you and Cross arrests you but Mia was able to escape with your M3 thus starting the career mode with the M3.

Oh and I tested the slow M3. It is the one used in the prologue. Add the MW livery and you get the exact same car in the prologue. I'm already doing the challenge though. So far I'm at Baron and he's already a challenge.

Last edited:
Oh and I tested the slow M3. It is the one used in the prologue. Add the MW livery and you get the exact same car in the prologue. I'm already doing the challenge though. So far I'm at Baron and he's already a challenge.

Good luck, and Godspeed!

Quick side note: There's this unused 2nd livery for the M3 GTR which, according to the NFS Wikia, resembles to a livery used by a racing team (Schnitzer Motorsport) that won the 24 Hour Nürburgring endurance back in 2004:

latest

For comparison:

latest

That challenge is a what if....scenario. What if Razor never even took your M3 instead he thinks its too weak against his Mustang so instead he takes away a lot cash from you and Cross arrests you but Mia was able to escape with your M3 thus starting the career mode with the M3.
That brings me to something, we should compare the specs of his Mustang to the slow M3 GTR!

Oh and I tested the slow M3. It is the one used in the prologue.
It is? Interesting. I wonder why it is red in stock form though. That's strange.

Theory: When Razor took your M3 GTR, he must have upgraded it to go much faster so he could make it to the top. Which may explain why the one you win is so much faster.
Add the MW livery and you get the exact same car in the prologue.
That can't be done normally, but it can through hex editing.

Quick side note: There's this unused 2nd livery for the M3 GTR which, according to the NFS Wikia, resembles to a livery used by a racing team (Schnitzer Motorsport) that won the 24 Hour Nürburgring endurance back in 2004:
Yep, I have seen it before. It looked familiar, but I didn't realize it was based off that. Thanks for sharing!

It is? Interesting. I wonder why it is red in stock form though. That's strange.

Theory: When Razor took your M3 GTR, he must have upgraded it to go much faster so he could make it to the top. Which may explain why the one you win is so much faster.
Not only did he upgraded it, he must've taken off the power limiter. Remember in race cars have their power limiter on just to match the HP of a specific race car class.

Yeah it's weird too which brings to another hidden car in NFSMW '05:

The BMW M3 E46. I wonder why EA Canada added in this car and left it unfinished.

Not only did he upgraded it, he must've taken off the power limiter. Remember in race cars have their power limiter on just to match the HP of a specific race car class.
Plausible. The BMW M3 GTR in the game is indeed a race car that was not even street legal, I forget where I read that though.

Yeah it's weird too which brings to another hidden car in NFSMW '05:

The BMW M3 E46. I wonder why EA Canada added in this car and left it unfinished.
Oh yes, I was about to post about that! I wonder if it was just deemed as pointless since the street GTR was already in the game.

I was looking at that video recently and the guy that posted the video claims their is no hex code to get it, but I am not sure he understands what I mean. I am skeptical about what he said, especially since it has it's own logos.

Someone managed to get it on the PS2 version somehow, with the textures applied! :odd:
NFSMW_BMWM3_PS2.png

I have no idea how he did it.

So I've been progressing pretty comfortably through the career mode. It's a little irritating when super-high level cars get sprinkled in with the rest of the competition. I'd had to recycle a lot of races just so I don't have to deal with a Carrera GT, a Murcielago, or an SLR, in my Cayman.

Just beat my two favorite drivers on the Blacklist: Jewels and Kaze. Jewels strikes me as one of the few racers on the blacklist that isn't outright malicious like most of the other drivers are. Kinda like an antagonist in name only. One of the messages Razor leaves you when you complete some of the races required to face off against Kaze is the one where he kinda guilt trips you for doing the same thing to all the other blacklist drivers as he did to you. I know it's only a game, but that actually made me feel kinda bad.

Kaze on the other hand has a pretty interesting name, a really cool looking pic, and one of the best things about facing off against her?

She crashes a lot.

So, now I'm in the exact same spot I was when I stopped playing this on my PS2. Everything from this point on is new to me. Is there anything I need to watch out for? The thought of going up against a Gallardo using Baron's Porsche is a little intimidating. How difficult is Ming?

Edit: On closer inspection, Kaze's CLK is actually a better performer than Baron's Cayman, so I'll probably wind up using her car.

Last edited:
Is there anything I need to watch out for? The thought of going up against a Gallardo using Baron's Porsche is a little intimidating. How difficult is Ming?
I remember being able to beat Ming using Kaze's CLK a long time ago but I recently went up against him again using a 911 Carrera S

Edit: I really should get back to doing this walkthrough again. Only got to beat Ming before my Webster recording corrupted and couldn't re-record it.

Last edited:
Plausible. The BMW M3 GTR in the game is indeed a race car that was not even street legal, I forget where I read that though.

Oh yes, I was about to post about that! I wonder if it was just deemed as pointless since the street GTR was already in the game.

I was looking at that video recently and the guy that posted the video claims their is no hex code to get it, but I am not sure he understands what I mean. I am skeptical about what he said, especially since it has it's own logos.

Someone managed to get it on the PS2 version somehow, with the textures applied! :odd:
View attachment 555451
Why would EA Canada add the normal M3? Is it possible that the car list of MW was supposed to be like UG's car list where there's no special cars.

So I've been progressing pretty comfortably through the career mode. It's a little irritating when super-high level cars get sprinkled in with the rest of the competition. I'd had to recycle a lot of races just so I don't have to deal with a Carrera GT, a Murcielago, or an SLR, in my Cayman.

Just beat my two favorite drivers on the Blacklist: Jewels and Kaze. Jewels strikes me as one of the few racers on the blacklist that isn't outright malicious like most of the other drivers are. Kinda like an antagonist in name only. One of the messages Razor leaves you when you complete some of the races required to face off against Kaze is the one where he kinda guilt trips you for doing the same thing to all the other blacklist drivers as he did to you. I know it's only a game, but that actually made me feel kinda bad.

Kaze on the other hand has a pretty interesting name, a really cool looking pic, and one of the best things about facing off against her?

She crashes a lot.

So, now I'm in the exact same spot I was when I stopped playing this on my PS2. Everything from this point on is new to me. Is there anything I need to watch out for? The thought of going up against a Gallardo using Baron's Porsche is a little intimidating. How difficult is Ming?

Edit: On closer inspection, Kaze's CLK is actually a better performer than Baron's Cayman, so I'll probably wind up using her car.
Trust me. Using Baron's Cayman is a good challenge against Ming's Gallardo.

When I've beaten Ming, I wasn't able to get his Gallardo and I'm stuck with the Cayman until Webster where I was able to get his Vette.

Just beat Ming and got his car. He did not put up any challenge on the first race, but the Speedtrap race that followed was pretty uncomfortably close. Now I think I've got a good enough car to progress through the rest of the story nicely.

Why would EA Canada add the normal M3?
That was probably what they asked themselves before the car was canned. Again, probably deemed as "pointless".
Is it possible that the car list of MW was supposed to be like UG's car list where there's no special cars.
I doubt it.

Now I think I've got a good enough car to progress through the rest of the story nicely.
Add junkman tuning to it, it will have max specs and perform fabulously! It got me through the career and then some. Easily one of the best cars I have used. It is bested only by the speed test BMW, which even then, their are some things that his Lamborghini still does better when fully upgraded. (Like top speed for example)

Last edited:
Got Webster without much of a fight on his end. JV as well, but I've beaten him three times by now and he's still not dropping a Pink Slip reward card. Checked the car lot to see if I've hit the garage limit, I still haven't.

On the plus side, he's not that hard to beat and I'm also getting really good at his races.

Edit: Beat him a fifth time. Still not giving me the pink slip. Must just be REALLY unlucky today.

Last edited:
Got Webster without much of a fight on his end. JV as well, but I've beaten him three times by now and he's still not dropping a Pink Slip reward card. Checked the car lot to see if I've hit the garage limit, I still haven't.

On the plus side, he's not that hard to beat and I'm also getting really good at his races.

Edit: Beat him a fifth time. Still not giving me the pink slip. Must just be REALLY unlucky today.

Keep trying man. You will eventually get it :) !

This thread makes me want to play again, if I get the chance I'll get a new controller for my XBOX and I'll restart it this weekend. :D

View attachment 555451

I know how he did it.. {But won't tell}

I still play this game from time and time again, I recently have it on PC, which is awesome fun to mod the cars and such. It's basically like 379Feilipe's video about the regular M3 on the PC version, but had no visible textures at all.

There is actually one more variant of the M3 GTR Race Car. There is a stock version (the red one), the M3 GTR you win at the end of the game, and this:

d5312446be.jpg

This M3 is the exact one which is used at the Prologue of the game, and has quite modest stats. Surprisingly its handling is better than the one we win at the end of the game, and its NOS lasts a lot longer as well.

There is actually one more variant of the M3 GTR Race Car. There is a stock version (the red one), the M3 GTR you win at the end of the game, and this:

d5312446be.jpg

This M3 is the exact one which is used at the Prologue of the game, and has quite modest stats. Surprisingly its handling is better than the one we win at the end of the game, and its NOS lasts a lot longer as well.

If you look in the debug menu it is labeled as bmwe3e46gtrbeginning or something along the lines. I have a video up for that reason.

Also the temp Mustang is the demo one that was used in the OPM Demos.

d5312446be.jpg

That M3 is the one used in the NFS MW demo for the PS2.

Go to 3:28 and you'll see the M3.

I know how he did it.. {But won't tell}
I understand. The only thing I am going to ask is, was it done by hex editing? (Not asking how, just if it was done by those means)

d5312446be.jpg

Yes, I thought I remembered seeing another one in a hacked save game once, but I wasn't too sure. FilipinoGTUser1 isn't wrong though, the red one is the same car, but with a obviously different design.

If you look in the debug menu it is labeled as bmwe3e46gtrbeginning or something along the lines. I have a video up for that reason.

Also the temp Mustang is the demo one that was used in the OPM Demos.
Whoa! I am mind blown. In all my years of playing, I never knew they had a debug menu! Thanks for sharing!

I noticed it was on the PS2 version. Forgive my curiosity, but....

Can it be accessed on a real console via cheat device?

Can it be saved to a memory card or do you have to activate it every time to use it?

I understand. The only thing I am going to ask is, was it done by hex editing? (Not asking how, just if it was done by those means)

Yes, I thought I remembered seeing another one in a hacked save game once, but I wasn't too sure. FilipinoGTUser1 isn't wrong though, the red one is the same car, but with a obviously different design.

Whoa! I am mind blown. In all my years of playing, I never knew they had a debug menu! Thanks for sharing!

I noticed it was on the PS2 version. Forgive my curiosity, but....

Can it be accessed on a real console via cheat device?

Can it be saved to a memory card or do you have to activate it every time to use it?

It can, I have yet to make it a code. All you need to do this with a modified memcard, with FMCB.

So, I'm finally to Bull's challenges, so I have only one more blacklist car I need to worry about getting the pink slip for. (Right? You automatically get the BMW back after you beat Razor right?)

I was doing some looking ahead on pursuit milestone challenges. As soon as you're on Razor's list of challenges, is it true that every pursuit automatically starts at Heat level 5? That sounds gnarly, especially when it comes to the one where you have to evade in under two minutes. Any special strategies for that? Furthermore, is there anything I have to watch for when going up against Bull or Razor?

So, I'm finally to Bull's challenges, so I have only one more blacklist car I need to worry about getting the pink slip for. (Right? You automatically get the BMW back after you beat Razor right?)

I was doing some looking ahead on pursuit milestone challenges. As soon as you're on Razor's list of challenges, is it true that every pursuit automatically starts at Heat level 5? That sounds gnarly, especially when it comes to the one where you have to evade in under two minutes. Any special strategies for that? Furthermore, is there anything I have to watch for when going up against Bull or Razor?
You don't start each pursuit at Heat 5 unless the car you're driving has Heat Level 5 on it. For evading cops, use plenty of corners and use nitrous as much as possible. The best hiding spots are in the sewers and at the construction site with a jump to the highway. Just make sure you stop after the pursuit breaker (use speedbreaker to stop game moment camera from triggering) to get to the hiding spot. The cops usually miss the high speed jump at the stadium so that's a good idea to lose a couple of units, just make sure you're doing over 120MPH (you may need to do even more than that).

To evade under 2 minutes start bounty at stadium, try and wreck the Cop car and then duck into the parking lot where there should be a hiding spot. Hopefully another cop doesn't spot you.

And yes, you automatically get the M3 GTR after the Heat 6 pursuit.

Okay then, that's a relief. The guide I looked up made it sound like all your cars would be upgraded to Heat level 5 as soon as you beat Bull. I'm glad I have a 14 car (hopefully 15 soon) garage that I can use to beat all the milestones on Razor's list. I can easily evade Heat 1 cars in under 2 minutes, especially with the high performance cars I have now.

I don't have the game moments cam on anyway. That has screwed me over a few times in both this game and Carbon a long time ago. The game cuts to the thing falling down, and when it comes back to me, I'm headed full-speed right into a spike strip with no time or room to dodge. That's more of a nuisance than it's worth.

Actually there are times that after a race from BL #1, the heat level will increase to level 5 regardless of the car you use that has a low heat level.

I'm now at Ming and the slow M3 can't keep up so what I did was that I replaced the M3 with the normal M3 GTR (the one you'll get when you win Career Mode.) but it's still challenging.

Is it possible to change AI cars with something else?

That would be an interesting thing to see, especially if you change out the AI car with something funny like a dump truck or firetruck or something. Could you imagine his pre-race intro with one of those vehicles? That would be funny.

So I'm one big pursuit and five races away from reclaiming the M3 from Razor. Sure enough, when I finished three or four of Bull's races, Razor calls up and raises the heat on JV's Viper (my main at the time) to level 5. If I was going by my original strategy of having one racing car and one heat car, that would have made things pretty tough for me. However, it's a good thing I still had Webster's Vette and Ming's Gallardo to fall back on, as well as the rest of the boss cars up to that point. Got Bull's SLR on the first go around. Finished all of Razor's prerequisite races (holy cow some of those were long) now just have some milestones to get then I can challenge him.

I decided to fool around a bit in arcade mode, and noticed that despite the fact I haven't beaten the game yet, the M3 GTR was available to pick for a race. I did a short two lap circuit race, and then when I tried doing another race in arcade mode, I was locked out of the car select screen. It's now locked on the Career section of the car selection list, saying "No cars in list" and a Heat Level 5 icon on screen. That was quite an interesting bug, anyone else run into that?

C51Rw2I.jpg

Actually there are times that after a race from BL #1, the heat level will increase to level 5 regardless of the car you use that has a low heat level.

I'm now at Ming and the slow M3 can't keep up so what I did was that I replaced the M3 with the normal M3 GTR (the one you'll get when you win Career Mode.) but it's still challenging.

Is it possible to change AI cars with something else?

Yeah I think so, from what the debug menu states the code for the car, all you need to do now is look for it in one of your saves on your PC. However it is kind of bad to do that since one of the faster cars would get replaced and you would have to do that. It is pretty complicated, but until I get better hardware I'll show it to you guys.

That would be an interesting thing to see, especially if you change out the AI car with something funny like a dump truck or firetruck or something. Could you imagine his pre-race intro with one of those vehicles? That would be funny.

So I'm one big pursuit and five races away from reclaiming the M3 from Razor. Sure enough, when I finished three or four of Bull's races, Razor calls up and raises the heat on JV's Viper (my main at the time) to level 5. If I was going by my original strategy of having one racing car and one heat car, that would have made things pretty tough for me. However, it's a good thing I still had Webster's Vette and Ming's Gallardo to fall back on, as well as the rest of the boss cars up to that point. Got Bull's SLR on the first go around. Finished all of Razor's prerequisite races (holy cow some of those were long) now just have some milestones to get then I can challenge him.

I decided to fool around a bit in arcade mode, and noticed that despite the fact I haven't beaten the game yet, the M3 GTR was available to pick for a race. I did a short two lap circuit race, and then when I tried doing another race in arcade mode, I was locked out of the car select screen. It's now locked on the Career section of the car selection list, saying "No cars in list" and a Heat Level 5 icon on screen. That was quite an interesting bug, anyone else run into that?

C51Rw2I.jpg

I have never seen that happen, that is very strange I cannot explain it at all.

Can you go to Career Mode and choose your cars there?

Are they deleted?

EDIT:

It looks to be a FENG error on EA's and Black Box's programming end. It happens ever so often, but that is a terrible glitch to be in, also could corrupt data.

Latest Posts

Back