Need For Speed Payback General Discussion

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 1,566 comments
I don't like how unrealistic the transitions from drift to acceleration appeared. I DID watch the speedometer to make sure he wasn't gaining speed while drifting, and even though that wasn't the case, spamming the nitrous button made drifting to sudden straightline acceleration seem incredibly arcadish. I feel like the player is given waaay too much nitrous to play with.

I'm excited for this game. The physics do look better than NFS 2015 and that makes me happy. I didn't mind Rivals physics. It had a nice weight to it.

I wish we could get Driveclub-esque physics with a slight increase in drifting maybe.

I'm excited for this game. The physics do look better than NFS 2015 and that makes me happy. I didn't mind Rivals physics. It had a nice weight to it.

I wish we could get Driveclub-esque physics with a slight increase in drifting maybe.

Yeah, if Payback's physics are similar to Rivals', that'll increase my chances of getting it significantly. Besides Rivals' tendency to flip out if too much was happening, I thought it was an alright NFS game.

The hurdle I want Payback to clear isn't high at all. Just be better than NFS 2015. Please. That's all I ask.

Rivals physics. Or maybe if the physics are Most Wanted 2012-esque then it's a guarantee pre order for me. I played too much MW 2012 lately and the physics there were much better.

But I'm fine with either physics. Just please make sure that it isn't like 2015. Let's just hope for a beta release just like 2015 but make it public.

Anyone know what the deal is with not being able to pre-order this physically on Amazon? I keep checking every week or so and it just says - "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Anyone know what the deal is with not being able to pre-order this physically on Amazon? I keep checking every week or so and it just says - "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Could mean it's sold out. i had a similar message as i was tracking another pre-order collection. contacting Amazon and they said just that

I think car behavior looks much, much better than 2015. Keep in mind I said "looks", and I am very well aware how much I could be wrong by release day.

But then I thought Frostbite 3 couldn't look any better than Rivals or 2015... :drool:

Need-for-Speed-Payback_2017_07-26-17_013.jpg

Snapshot Pro better return. Ghost Games, I beg of you.

I think that Snapshot Pro needs to change to a static image. Too many times a car would come up and just start ramming me because I'm stopped taking a photo. I have no idea why they'd want it that way.

I think that Snapshot Pro needs to change to a static image. Too many times a car would come up and just start ramming me because I'm stopped taking a photo. I have no idea why they'd want it that way.

With single player being it's own offline mode this time around, I'd say that there's a good chance of that happening.

^^^ Looks gorgeous!

The M8 doesn't do much for me. Flat baby poop brown... really? That's what they picked?

I hope the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio is in the game.... that's my choice for runner.

It's no surprise, but it's been confirmed that there will be no Toyota in NFS Payback.

What is going on at Toyota HQ?! Toyotas are now GT exclusives or what? Because GTS is the only upcoming game which features a Toyota production car. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'll miss my arcade Supra! :(

What is going on at Toyota HQ?! Toyotas are now GT exclusives or what? Because GTS is the only upcoming game which features a Toyota production car. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'll miss my arcade Supra! :(
No, they are not GT exclusives. With the news from T10, it was specifically stated that production cars will not be in their video games. The one exception to the rule as it sits seems to be the GT86, as thats the only production car seen in the other games.

Project CARS 2 will have a GT86 and a Rocket Bunny GT86 that's labeled as a GT4 car for some reason, and that's about it. Assetto Corsa has a GT86 as well as several stock and pre-tuned forms of the AE86 and the Mk4 Supra. The mobile title Assoluto Racing has a GT86, an AE86, an SW20 MR2, a JZX100 Chaser, and a Mk4 Supra alongside a Lexus LFA - and I believe that you can make some, albeit limited, modifications to them.

Ultimately, the decision to remove Toyota was up to Toyota themselves. Toyota likely restricted developers on what they could and couldn't say on the matter, so we as in the public might never know why Toyota thinks what they think.

Project CARS 2 will have a GT86 and a Rocket Bunny GT86 that's labeled as a GT4 car for some reason, and that's about it. Assetto Corsa has a GT86 as well as several stock and pre-tuned forms of the AE86 and the Mk4 Supra. The mobile title Assoluto Racing has a GT86, an AE86, an SW20 MR2, a JZX100 Chaser, and a Mk4 Supra alongside a Lexus LFA - and I believe that you can make some, albeit limited, modifications to them.
Assetto Corsa is also a game that came out before all the shenanigans happened. Just like Horizon that released the same year, we had Toyota's in it. Like you're saying, and what I've said, the GT86 seems to be the common shared car throughout all this. Same with the Mobile game, it looks to have came out in 2016 as well.

Well, I've been saying it for years, maybe others will face the facts - Toyota is an extremely disappointing, boring, and lazy company when it comes to making any cars with a pulse. I respect the old Supra, I love the GT86, and even the FJ Cruiser (which is also no more), but beyond that, I've never been a fan and won't miss them.

Well, I've been saying it for years, maybe others will face the facts - Toyota is an extremely disappointing, boring, and lazy company when it comes to making any cars with a pulse. I respect the old Supra, I love the GT86, and even the FJ Cruiser (which is also no more), but beyond that, I've never been a fan and won't miss them.
Oh man, I completely disagree with that. They've had a great amount of cars, especially those from the 70's-90's.

I'm gutted at the absence of Toyota, but could see it coming after what happened with Forza. The rumour of Toyota no longer wishing to see their cars visually modified now has more substance to it, we can pretty much rule out any Toyotas being in The Crew 2 at this point.

On the positive side, off road racing is shaping up nicely. 👍

Any theories on why Toyota would care? It makes them seem that much more disappointing, boring, and lazy.

I am guessing that maybe they are instituting restrictions like what Honda did through much of the 2000's. That, or they would rather not have people wax poetics about their sporty past, and have to look at their current lineup to see it's anything but that. This isn't like VW in Horizon 3 where the obvious reason was because they wanted to step away from the limelight in the wake of Dieselgate.

Hearing that was a pretty big surprise, cause if it happened to a second game, then this indicates a PR policy change inside Toyota. I know a lesser example that is not related to FM7, NFS, or Assoluto Racing, but this only happened in North American versions of Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5. Spoiler'd due to off-topic rambling.
Toyotas are still in that game but the NA version is missing the Aristo and Celsior models. Don't trust my citation here, but I heard this happened due to Toyota favouring the game deal to feature a Lexus license instead featuring current-year GS and LS models instead of the older generation models present in the game (as it is 'unfavourable'). But even if this is met, these vehicles cannot be licensed to be in the game. The NA version was able to feature the Japan-only Crown Athlete but only those two Lexus models were problematic for Toyota USA.

This result is disappointing for multiple reasons, as
  1. The two models share a taxi 'cheat' car.
  2. The Aristo is proven to be a high-tier 4 speed car among players.
  3. The Celsior is confirmed to be the heaviest vehicle in game (demonstrating radically different characteristics).
  4. The Celsior is included due to the manga source-material, therefore resulting in the Story Mode chapters that contained the Celsior to be replaced with a Crown Athlete/Chaser.
  5. North American players are restricted in content compared to Japan and Asia-Pacific versions.
  6. Past versions of Maximum Tune were capable of releasing in North America with the two models, by only containing the footnote message 'The car name is based on the name when released in Japan.'
  7. The MT5 NA Location Test last year contained these cars prior to MT5 NA's official release.
In this case, I specifically mentioned how Toyota USA has a conflict of interest with this game. As this is only an issue in one region, therefore it is only Toyota of that region that carries alternate policies not enforced in other markets. Perhaps Microsoft and EA acquire the Toyota license from Toyota USA instead of Japan.

I have a legitimate understanding about what exactly is the reason why Honda wouldn't appear in 'xy racing game', but this case appears be aligned to vehicle modification and public perception, yet the mystery vaguely masks this outcome to look like the fanon Honda 'excuse'.

Be reminded everyone that vehicle licensing in video games is all connected to advertising. No game has licensed a vehicle for the sake of inclusion, even if it came from a game developer's personal interest. It's all in the interest of the automaker. Virtual recreations of their models is seen to them as a marketing platform for product placement.

• 'The car has a reputation to be fast, so it should be proven to be the fastest car in game.'
  • 'This model is known by this name in XY, so only my target audience in XY can drive it.'
  • 'My brand produces a work of art, so it must be presented in incredible detail just like our craftsmanship, and it must stay that way so no one can change that on the car.'

Back