Premium
United States
Chicago
upload_2017-6-2_19-49-17.png

Developer: Ghost Games Publisher: Electronic Arts Platforms: PS4, XB1, PC​
FACTS
upload_2017-6-2_20-4-42.png
  • Play as three different characters.
  • Basic plot: take down The House - a cartel that basically runs the city.
  • Five car classes: Race, Drift, Off-road, Drag, and Runner.
  • Takes place in Fortune Valley (looks similar to Nevada). Areas include city, desert, mountain, and canyon.
  • Deep customization.
  • Police pursuits.
  • Risk vs Reward system.
TRAILERS

RELEASE DATE

November 10, 2017
(Buying the Deluxe Edition gives you three-day early access.)

Last edited:
I'm interested in what they'll call it. It's the 20-22nd installment (depending on whether or not you count stuff like No Limits and Edge), an I really doubt they'd call it 'Need for Speed II'. Who knows? EA loves rebooting franchises so this could be Need for Speed: Battlefield Titanfall for all we know.

The Most Wanted-esque colour palette looks awesome, though.

I'll just quote what I said about this (2017) title in one of the prior threads...

So are they going to botch-it and put the wrong Supra in again? :P

I mean, UG/UG2/MW/Carbon etc all had the RZ, and they were all better received (from what I can tell). Put the wrong Supra in the game though? - all hell breaks loose. :lol:

That said, like with 2015, I'll be keeping an eye on this - but keeping my wallet at bay until it's proven worth getting. 👍

I hope it'll have a simultaneous release of console and PC. Well, I don't particularly mind a slight delay to polish the PC version, as well as adding additional PC-centric options. But I feel Ghost Games already knows how it'll go down developing the PC version.

I'm interested in what they'll call it. It's the 20-22nd installment (depending on whether or not you count stuff like No Limits and Edge, World), an I really doubt they'd call it 'Need for Speed II'. Who knows? EA loves rebooting franchises so this could be Need for Speed: Battlefield Titanfall for all we know.

The Most Wanted-esque colour palette looks awesome, though.

Added World.

NFS No Vacancy.
:lol:

We also know that they have worked on the handling (although we don't know what they have done with it specifically yet)

The only way we can find out about the handling is when someone here in GTP would come to EA Play and play NFS2017 or let's just wait for a gameplay video but I would rather have the first option.

So since they're bringing back Rhinos, I wish Ghost Games could bring back Pursuit breakers as well. We've last saw them in Undercover and I think since they're bringing over more old content from previous NFS games into 2017, pursuit breakers could use a revival.

Also buff up the cops as well. If I remember, the cops were too easy to evade in 2015.

I want them to improve every asset they have, not waste it. But, I guess it's cheaper to do so rather than building new models. Maybe they forgot about licensing unless EA had that covered.

I'm still skeptical though.

I can't imagine them NOT using every car that was in 2015, except for maybe a few outliers like Ferrari. Also, since the Porsche licensing deal with EA has expired, maybe we don't see Porsches??

They have a foundation now(sorta...) so now with another 2 year schedule, they should be able to fix the (many)problems that the first game had. They have nowhere to go but up, so if they manage to fluff it up again, than that'll be a bummer. Physics and Customization being my main issue.

I can't imagine them NOT using every car that was in 2015, except for maybe a few outliers like Ferrari. Also, since the Porsche licensing deal with EA has expired, maybe we don't see Porsches??
They'll likely be some here or there that wont make the cut, probably those vehicles that have more recent updates in favor of a past vehicle, it tends to happen. As for Porsche, the exclusivity is over, I doubt that there was a contract made saying that EA can't have any Porsche in their games anymore :lol: I'd imagine they'd still be in the game.

^^^ Okay, like the Camaro I can see them using the latest generation which is WAY better looking than previous. Not sure why they didn't use the latest gen Corvette for the last game - it was already well established. But I can't think of a single good reason why they wouldn't reuse those assets and include nearly every car they've already worked on previously.

I highly doubt we will not see Porsches in NFS2017 because RWB.

Definitely interested to hear more about this title.

2015 to me was a huge disappointment.

Very intrigued by the inclusion of canyons... and judging by the colour palette and the rhinos, it could be taking some big inspiration from MW05 and Carbon.

Dirt as a surface type seems like an odd inclusion. To me, NFS should focus on Tarmac driving only for their open-worlds. Leave the off-roading too Forza Horizon & Dirt 4.

Either way, I'm intrigued to learn more.

This sounds good. The lack of brutality from the po-po in the 2015 NFS was one of the reasons I didn't favor the game so much (and the handling model, too.)

I did love how the previous game looks, and their customization was done well IMO. So, I can't wait for the announcement. Offline play sounds like a godsend. Hated Rivals back then because of it.

Trying to imagine what real-life location will be their inspiration for this one, since Ventura Bay was really a remodeled LA.

This sounds good. The lack of brutality from the po-po in the 2015 NFS was one of the reasons I didn't favor the game so much (and the handling model, too.)

I did love how the previous game looks, and their customization was done well IMO. So, I can't wait for the announcement. Offline play sounds like a godsend. Hated Rivals back then because of it.

Trying to imagine what real-life location will be their inspiration for this one, since Ventura Bay was really a remodeled LA.

Expy for the San Francisco - Oakland area?

I disliked the fact that there was no daytime in NFS 2015. It's great that we'll be getting that with this game, and I hope for a drastic improvement over the previous one. Many things need to be done to ensure that the game isn't flawed from the start.

I would like a day-night cycle as long as it isn't a ridiculously short one. I would hate starting a longer race during broad daylight and having it end at night.

If it is a static time of day, I hope they don't that thing where the sky changes based off location. I hated that in the last game, and I hated it even more when Undercover did that.

Last edited:
Wait, I forgot one more thing, if they are bringing back Rhinos, Speedbreaker must come back as well. Speedbreaker were useful back then especially when using it on police chases.

Back