Need for Speed: Rivals

At least the Movie Pack makes sense and free Agera!

Looks like they're saving the Huracan and LaFerrari for NFS 2014.

Also, did EA/Sony ever fix that Loaded Garage issue with the GTR?

Still not the best, again probably if anything with each pack comes 5.99$ for 2 cars, (and liveries) kind of a ripoff.

This guy explains how these new DLC packs are scams.

That sums it up right there. 4 cars at 5.99$ Each with nothing new but the cars. No speedlist or anything. Since I have completed the game within reason and moved onto different games. Just wish they would add something that would make us play more. Not spend money on cars that we can't do anything with.

This guy explains how these new DLC packs are scams.

He's absolutely right. Honestly, after seeing the plan on the previous page everyone, which is HERE

I'm just buying these two packs as their "combos." The four cars available are really good choice of cars. Honestly. I'll support Ghost/Criterion once. I haven't completed the game at all, nor am I close to it. Also besides the fact I bought my PS4 copy of rivals for $40... So this would benefit me... not so much the majority.

But if the next four weeks churn out like this week. I'll say "No" as there is nothing I am interested in. Vote with your wallet. I urge you.

Last edited:
I might get everything except the jag pack. I want to support Ghost. Still all I wanted was the F Type, no dice. :confused:
I wonder if we would get a lower tier pack at some point?

Same old argument about DLC's I'm sorry but this fool is acting like they are twisting everyones arm to buy them-Just like over in the GT camp as well. We all have a choice.

And no blackpanther, I did not find your "opinion" rant useful. I base DLC's on value and want. No DLC is a need.

Does anyone know if the new cars get lvl 4 tech? I'm worried about the balance of the game now. They really should have kept the exclusivity thing.

Cops get power
Racers get finesse (inb4challenger)

You gotta remember that Ghost Games UK is Criterion. Most of them left to form Ghost Games. There's a few people still at Criterion, but they're not making racing games anymore.

The F40 sounds wonderful to me. It whistles, whooshes, crackles. Has the distinct Ferrari V8 tone. It's even better with the 7.1 Pulse Headset+VSS on. The F50 however.. I agree it's not great. It should be a wail of Ferrari V12. Is the Enzo the same way?

Although, this brings me to wonder. Did they fix the Carrera GT? I remember it having the same note as a car with a V8. Hard for me to tell since I haven't got anywhere close to unlock it in the cop career. I just remember it was a topic when the game came out.

On PC, so if something's different... yeah.

Just bought the Jaguar pack and... here are 30 minutes worth my expectations of them fully upgraded:

C-X75 Prototype is a Class 4, no nonsense, speed based Hypercar, akin to the P1. To me, it looks, sounds and definitely runs better than the P1. You can hear the electric motor running, and it sounds like something Gran Turismo would make (Fully Upped Bugatti Veyrons in GT5 come to mind), while it's not bad. Speaking of those big bugs, I outran a Veyron just now, and that's saying a lot. It's no different to a regular Class 4 speed car, like the P1 or the Veneno, so give this a pass if you're not really a fan of this thing.

The XJ220 is in a familiar level to the Class 2 Ford GT in a Class 3 package: A high speed, slow climbing, heavy tank. But it's the sound that will reel you in this thing. To me, it's nostalgic, because the XJ220 is my go to car in NFS 2: SE. It has a heavy clutch, a great old turbo sound, and you will feel powerful driving it, if you aren't being bashed along the sides. It understeers a lot, which is quite out of place with the car known for these handling issues.

No, Carrera GT is still lame. Dammit Ghost Games! What happened to THE quintessential V10 sound?!

I have this deep dark feeling that DLCs will be more and more expensive than this as years pass. We might have to pay 10 dollars for one car in the next 2 years.

Nope, none of the sounds, including the wonderful Carrera GT, were fixed. I don't know what happened to the sound department... Criterion used to do such a wonderful job, but now... Everybody responsible for the car sounds should be shot. In the head. In front of their families.

Also, I may sound stupid, but I'll get all the DLCs. It's just that I really want them. I know, they're expensive, but still, I just can't resist, I want my game to be complete.

LaFerrari? And thanks wicken for posting this.

Whoops darn auto correct. If the One has that much top speed, the handling must be tricky or it must be made of floss to keep the balance.

Also you can still be murdered before the start of a race FYI.

On the bright side it seems like cops are a little easier to evade. Or am I just getting used to it.....

Now I'm a little Sickened, no La Ferrari WTF!, it only leaves me one choice if I wanna drive this car virtually Forza 5 :( Whatever, they did get me with F50/F40 pack I loved the F50 on Need for Speed 2/Hot Pursuit but it was seriously overpriced. I had a feeling they'd screw me with the spider version without hardtop if I bought the racer only and guess what I was right! glad I opted for the combo with the cop vers since I'm better cop than a racer but I'm damn great @ both... but the other additional dlc isn't doing alot for me since they already appeared in hot pursuit/most wanted. I was only interested in mustang from the movie. I love the Aventador and even the previous tank style 458, ENZO, F12 stats wise. So I'm little disappointed with there offering thus far I'll look up this Koenigsegg one tho.

Last edited:
Am I the only person here hyped for the GTA Spano?

Ryan-Gosling-Shrug.gif

Got an 800bhp supercharged Viper engine...

Exactly were I got that from. I love quoting Jezza, he says the best things.

And no, I don't think that's too much. If they are gonna do their job, then they should do it right. If they can't do it right, then they shouldn't bother doing it at all.

Same here, I just wished they also added the S7. Wasted opportunity. I'm digging the Racer Jags, haven't brought the Ferrari's yet. Think I'll skip the Lamboghini pack.
Why have the SLR over the S7 when I'm sure the SLR isn't even in the movie? I might get the racer version of the Movie Pack.

F50: The Best handling car in Rivals. Smooth drifting,good exit and entry. It hugs the road and the suspension abosrbs bumps very well. Its gearing lends it to having great acceleration but it can hold a decent top speed.(Avg 207 w/o turbo) It's also quite durable and stable when taking heat. TBH this car kinda makes the Enzo look a little out of place. Good as a cop or racer.

F40: I'm a bit shocked here. I thought with all the fanboy wooing and nostalgic googles this would be programmed to be quite OP. I was wrong. It has long gearing and low acceleration. The only way the car gets going is with NOS. The nos reminds me of Diablo NOS but with less duration. The handling isn't as smooth as the F50. Gotta fight with it. And make sure you have NOS ready for the exit.

It's main strength is it's durability and health. It can take a lot of damage before throwing in the towel. With heat level 10 cops this car was cool as a pickle. It dishes out damage,,okay-ish.

I found it better as a cop than a racer. The added Cop Nos helps it close the gap better and the added damage resistance let's it be a stronger tank.

Here's a sneak peek from all the upcoming DLC cars.
Lamborghini Concept (February 25th, 2014):
l0e3.jpg

6h0a.jpg

mfma.jpg

xqin.jpg

FREE Koenigsegg One:1 Pack(March 4th, 2014):
mbub.jpg

11wk.jpg

Movie Pack (March 11th, 2014):
4kel.jpg

e7w0.jpg

988w.jpg

p4be.jpg

ll9a.jpg

m3g1.jpg

XJ220: This car is like the F50. It has longer gearing so it trades acceleration for top speed. Handling is geared towards keeping a long drift. Its good at light drifting, maintains excellent speed out of drifts. Non drifting its not as mannered as the F50 but its still good.

Durability is about the same as the F50 with the Jag able to take an extra hit. Works well as a cop or Racer but I prefer it as a Racer to abuse that drift.

CX75: basically if like the P1 you'll like this car. Think P1 with longer gearing,twitcher grip and better drifting(won't randomly decide to throw you out of a drift) As with the P1 its made of paper with the CX75 getting an extra layer.

As Racer is good but nothing ground breaking as the P1 is there.

As a Cop its terrifying. If you remember the Apollo from HP you'll understand. If you don't let me sum it. The cop cars in Rivals all have excellent top speed but less desirable handling. Racers are the inverse of this relationship. The CX75 can and will maneuver with the best. As a cop it gets extra health plus damage resistance. Add that with the increased NOS power its scary. An Enforcer variant(barges in the cop lineup) handles on the same level as tier 4 Racer.

You'll be hard pressed to outrun one of these without having some tricks up your sleeve.

Back