Need for speed Shift 2 Mods thread

• Thread starter Railgun
  • 132 comments
Hi, thank you for the guide.. I successfully unpacked the game. but I have one more problem. after the unpacking, I cant start the game. it says that I need a serial number thru activation process. is there any way to overcome this activation? thank you and godbless
Again, im going to need ascreenshot to see what is you proble, but if you have the game through steam or origin, you only need to insert the key in a file name activation.exe

Again, im going to need ascreenshot to see what is you proble, but if you have the game through steam or origin, you only need to insert the key in a file name activation.exe
Hi sir, sorry but i dont have any activation key. I couldnt play the game right after the patch. is there anything I can do? thanks

Hi Railgun, first of all, thanks for the work you are doing, Shift 2 is a game that deserves, i have a problem,
I followed all the steps, but when I post the Mod "Wheels and Tires V3" and "HD Disc Brakes and Calipers Pack" and active by JSGME i don't see any difference. And when I add the shift 2 exe modded exe by Vlad, the game
doesn't start ( I use Origin Version), thanks in advance.

Hi Railgun, I would like to thank you for reigniting my love to this game (I've spent countless hours playing it 8 years ago). Recently I installed it again with UCP + Career Mod when I was bored because of a lockdown here in the UK and being furloughed at work...

My initial plan was to play vanilla game but I was quickly reminded that it is nearly unplayable even on the current era PC (poor quality graphics, problems with antialiasing not to mention well known problems with the physics) so I've started searching for the mods that I remember from the good old times of nogripracing existence...

I was lucky enough to find your thread which to my surprise is quite fresh!

Currently the game is much more appealing to me than PCars 2 in terms of the single player experience...

Now time for a quick question-could you (or anyone) please remind me a proper gamepad configuration (deadzones etc.)? I remember having really good and crisp steering experience when playing few years ago...

Hi Railgun, I would like to thank you for reigniting my love to this game (I've spent countless hours playing it 8 years ago). Recently I installed it again with UCP + Career Mod when I was bored because of a lockdown here in the UK and being furloughed at work...

My initial plan was to play vanilla game but I was quickly reminded that it is nearly unplayable even on the current era PC (poor quality graphics, problems with antialiasing not to mention well known problems with the physics) so I've started searching for the mods that I remember from the good old times of nogripracing existence...

I was lucky enough to find your thread which to my surprise is quite fresh!

Currently the game is much more appealing to me than PCars 2 in terms of the single player experience...

Now time for a quick question-could you (or anyone) please remind me a proper gamepad configuration (deadzones etc.)? I remember having really good and crisp steering experience when playing few years ago...
Sorry for not answer soon enough, this is my configuration, but keep in mind that i use g-tyres instead of ptmu
20200501235234_1.jpg
20200501235238_1.jpg
20200501235252_1.jpg

I'm looking for someone to mod my save file of shift 2 on my ps3 I'll pay for it lol
First of all, relax mate, at least myself i'm not going to ask some remuneration for something like that.
With that said, What do you want?

First of all, relax mate, at least myself i'm not going to ask some remuneration for something like that.
With that said, What do you want?[/QUOTE
I'm looking for the ultimate unlocker and a Ferrari mods and just some more cars and money

I'm looking for the ultimate unlocker and a Ferrari mods and just some more cars and money
For ultimate unlocker I suppose that you referring to a complete or almost complete career percentage, this and the money are not a lot op issues, you simply need a savegame, here is an example
()
But about the modding that's totally different, maybe it's possible to mod the game but i don't know how to do it, so i failed you in that aspect

It's ok I've tried to mod it myself but I cant figure it out
The problem is that i dont know how the game is packed, the other one is that even if its packed like the pc one modding the game is not easy, and unpacking the game is out of question

Ok I leave this abandoned for quite a time but i almost finish the basics of my patch so soon im going to stay in this thread more frequently, meanwhile im going to upload this file.

For a little bit of context, all of those who play this game knows how ridiculous are the rolling of the game.
A video for those who dont know what im talking about

Well, I still don't have a solution for that, but i have a passive patch for that
Long story short. the game have an anti rollover system and the fricking braindeads of the devs decided that it was a good idea to leave it off, so i reactivate it, i have to warn you 2 things, this only works on an unpacked game, and this works better in the lighter the car is, but at least is and slight improvement on the previous thing, only took 10 years to solve a part of this issue

For now you need to replace the file attached in the game

Attachments

• physicstweaker.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 44
And i can finally start to focus in this thread again, as i write in the beginning, from now on all the mods i upload are going to be only adapted to the patch 1.2, and since i recently finished to test the GT1 the firsts mods im going to upload are those in that category, as well as the ferrari add-on.
So for now here it is a test of the patch with the worst GT1 car I have (for now)

hi Railgun, where can I download your mods and tweaks for shift2, unpacked Origin version? I use g-tyres mod now, but don't know, which version was the best. I think 5.2, 6.0 or 6.01 was the most playable for me, but I don't know, if there are some minor updates between them. What is the most actual version of G-tyres mod? PTMu is unplayable for me on my xbox360 controller and vanilla version has too much of that floating feeling + crash system between me and AI cars is pissing me of

Has anyone figured a way for the PC version to load a save but reset the login information as if no login was ever done? This would allow me to use an old save that has an all lower case password to have account and password not enabled, so I can enter new account information for that save. My old save has Limited Edition content and the Dr Pepper Camaro, which can't be enabled on a new save due to EA disabling the unlock feature on their server.

hi Railgun, where can I download your mods and tweaks for shift2, unpacked Origin version? I use g-tyres mod now, but don't know, which version was the best. I think 5.2, 6.0 or 6.01 was the most playable for me, but I don't know, if there are some minor updates between them. What is the most actual version of G-tyres mod? PTMu is unplayable for me on my xbox360 controller and vanilla version has too much of that floating feeling + crash system between me and AI cars is pissing me of
Well to start the unpack works in both steam and origin, about g-tyres the last update is the 7.1 and for me is slighty better to use it than ptmu with a controller and about the mods, for now there are hidden because some issue with the patch im making, im trying to finish ASAP o it can be uploaded again

Could you please share the 7.1 version for me? Because I can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance
Here it is

Has anyone figured a way for the PC version to load a save but reset the login information as if no login was ever done? This would allow me to use an old save that has an all lower case password to have account and password not enabled, so I can enter new account information for that save. My old save has Limited Edition content and the Dr Pepper Camaro, which can't be enabled on a new save due to EA disabling the unlock feature on their server.
And about you, the savefile is in the documents folder, but i don't know if that work since the servers used to unlock those things are deactivated, if it's that the case probably you need to unpack the game

Attachments

• 0B G-Tyres-TGR v_7.1.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
the savefile is in the documents folder, but i don't know if that work since the servers used to unlock those things are deactivated, if it's that the case probably you need to unpack the game
It's not clear what server unlocked content when logging in, but this may have been related to shutting down some network server around March 2018. However, I have a set of saves created before I ever logged in, and I can use those saves and log in, but the additional content is no longer unlocked. I also have saves with the additional content, but those have lower case password, and it's not possible to reenter the password, it just shows invalid, a change made on the server side a few months after Shift 2 was released.

I already have modded files that include all events, the Limited Edition events, and the 3 Dr Pepper Camaro events, plus unlock all cars for purchase with in game cash, which works, and I can use that with one of my older saves to log in. I was hoping that someone had made a trainer that would cause shift 2 to think there was no login information in a save so that I could re-enter it with my current account information.

It's not clear what server unlocked content when logging in, but this may have been related to shutting down some network server around March 2018. However, I have a set of saves created before I ever logged in, and I can use those saves and log in, but the additional content is no longer unlocked. I also have saves with the additional content, but those have lower case password, and it's not possible to reenter the password, it just shows invalid, a change made on the server side a few months after Shift 2 was released.

I already have modded files that include all events, the Limited Edition events, and the 3 Dr Pepper Camaro events, plus unlock all cars for purchase with in game cash, which works, and I can use that with one of my older saves to log in. I was hoping that someone had made a trainer that would cause shift 2 to think there was no login information in a save so that I could re-enter it with my current account information.
I dont know if that work, but in the online options of the game you can change some account parameters

Last edited:
I dont know if that work, but in the online options of the game you can change some account parameters
EA disabled the ability to change password in Shift 2 a few months after it was released. This change was done on the server side, as there were no updates to the client (PC) side. From EA back in February 2012:

Important Update to SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED Servers

Please be aware that today (Monday, February 6th) the team will be implementing an update to the SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED servers. As a result of this update, players will NO LONGER BE ABLE TO CHANGE THEIR EA ACCOUNT PASSWORD FROM WITHIN SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED.

If you do attempt to change your password from within the game you'll receive an error message stating that the new password is invalid. For PC players specifically, if they change their password outside of the game (through Origin, for example) they will not be able to log into Autolog, or in extreme cases will have to delete their save game files in order to connect to Autolog.

If you experience any issues with your password in SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED, please contact EA Customer Support.

- - -

EA made the situation worse, any additional ("download") content in Shift 2 was actually already in the game, but unlocked when a player logged in, due to a server sending the unlock messages based on the players account having that content, and around March 2018, EA disabled the sending of those unlock messages.

Last edited:

Well, then i think the only way to unlock it is unpacking the game
As posted before, I already have modded files to unlock everything, so I don't need to unpack anything, as the modded files are replacements for packed files. I have a batch file to switch between the modded and non-modded files.

Adding to the annoyance is that EA support states that Shift 2 is no longer supported, but Origin and Steam are still selling Shift 2.

Back