Need for speed Shift 2 Mods thread

• Thread starter Railgun
  • 132 comments
As I said before, for now I'm focusing in balance the game entirely, but between search all the correct stats and test the cars, it take a lot.
For now and because I almost finish the A class, Now It´s Finished, and this are the new ranges
IP................................................Normal| Maxed
Porsche Carrera GT.....................1590 | 2040
Porsche 911 GT3 RSR..................------| 1645
Toyota GT86 DMAC..................... ------| 1665
BMW M3 GT2................................------| 1670
GT3................................................------| 1650
Porsche 918 Concept.................1820 | 2190
McLaren MP4-12C......................1630 | 1810
Pagani Zonda F Clubsport..........1690 | 2040
McLaren F1..................................1720 | 2145
Radical SR3.................................1750 | 2050
Nissan GTR JWC............................------| 1960
Mazda RX7 Mad Mike....................------| 1830
GT1................................................------| 1900
Gumpert Apollo...........................1880 | 2250
Koenigsegg CCX..........................1730 | 1920
Koenigsegg Agera.......................1740 | 2050
Bugatti Veyron 16.4....................1770 | 2110
Pagani Zonda Cinque..................1830 | 2190
Pagani Huayra.............................1860 | 2000
Mitsubishi Lancer IX SH................------| 2130
Scion TC SH...................................------| 2110
Pagani Zonda R.............................------| 2050
McLaren MP4-12C SH...................------| 1910
Pagani Huayra SH..........................------| 2100
Lexus LFA SH..................................------| 2010
Mercedes SLS SH...........................------| 1940
Lamborghini Reventon Cop...........------| 1920
Pagani Zonda Cinque HP...............------| 2080

Last edited:
For now im focusing on the B range, this is the change for now
IP................................................Normal| Maxed
Lamborghini Reventon............1560|
Lamborghini Murcielago...........1555 |
Mercedes 190 Evo SH...............1500 |
Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss.....1550 |
Porsche 997 GT3 Auto Build..... ------| 1530
Ford Mustang RTR-X..................-------| 1550
Nissan 240ZG SH.......................-------| 1440
Lamborghini Gallardo................ 1460 |
Ford Mustang Monster/Falken.. -------|1520
Nissan GT-R NFSE (track day)....-------|1500
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Convertible 1450|
Nissan 2000 GT-R SH..................------| 1310

Last edited:
Does the UCP work with the Steam version now? I saw on the website that it says on Installation you can "choose the version that suits you" and has a "Non-Origin" version. Does that mean Steam?
I remember it didn't work with the Steam version before, and I don't want to create an Origin account just to re-download the game from there.

Does the UCP work with the Steam version now? I saw on the website that it says on Installation you can "choose the version that suits you" and has a "Non-Origin" version. Does that mean Steam?
I remember it didn't work with the Steam version before, and I don't want to create an Origin account just to re-download the game from there.
No, the steam version is the last one, the version that include both the lengends and speed hunters dlc so if you has the steam version and i think that this applies to the origin store too, the best option is to download the last version of the patch, the 1.0.99f
Edit: Actually after check some of the versions i confirm that the steam version has the cars of the limited edition, but doesn't have the races, probably is some missing data, so im going to check that later

Last edited:
Also, where do you/whoever made the mods get them? Are they models from other games? Many mods are, but also sometimes I think it can be problematic when they are "stolen".

I always wondered if it would be possible/easy to import cars from Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends, seeing as it was also made by Slightly Mad Studios, on the same engine. And also from Real Racing 3, which wasn't, but has some nice cars, and fells basically like a "Mobile Shift"

Also, where do you/whoever made the mods get them? Are they models from other games? Many mods are, but also sometimes I think it can be problematic when they are "stolen".

I always wondered if it would be possible/easy to import cars from Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends, seeing as it was also made by Slightly Mad Studios, on the same engine. And also from Real Racing 3, which wasn't, but has some nice cars, and fells basically like a "Mobile Shift"
For now im focussing on solve a lot of the problems the base game had, then after finish that im going to solve the problems of the mods, as i said in the initial posts, none of the mods are from my property,
and about test drive and even shift 1 is posible, but i need to check the data i need to replace

The UCP was installed and is working, I used the default mods on it. How do I install your uploaded mods? I extracted the folders in the mods folder and installed with the Mod Enabler, but it seems to have placed the files in the wrong place. Do I have to place them as the original .rar files instead? Is there a specific order (I did install the Ferrari Add-On first, but after that, it was a bit all over the place)?

The UCP was installed and is working, I used the default mods on it. How do I install your uploaded mods? I extracted the folders in the mods folder and installed with the Mod Enabler, but it seems to have placed the files in the wrong place. Do I have to place them as the original .rar files instead? Is there a specific order (I did install the Ferrari Add-On first, but after that, it was a bit all over the place)?
Can you show me the mod installed in that one is easier to see what is your problem

Sem título.png

The ones with the red lines I installed now, after trying your mods.

ok i see, the rar files is only a way to make the things more organized you need to unzip them and then install, and about the mod order, i suggest this order, you can replace the xbox or ps3 buttons and the mods marker are replaced by the patch, after install all the mods now you can install the cars, and to avoid more problems in the other thread im going to answer all your question here
2019-06-16 (1)_LI.jpg

im not sure about the bff file, as far as i know the only time you replace it is with the umpacked version, only to be sure only install until hidden cars and then the exe, i hope that with that solves the problem

I already had the game installed on Steam, and I installed the disc version on a separate folder, because I didn't want to mess with the Steam version, just in case..
But after installing the mod, the Steam version is also modded.

Can this be the problem? Should I have installed it on the Steam version folder? Or uninstalled the Steam version and then install the disc version?

I already had the game installed on Steam, and I installed the disc version on a separate folder, because I didn't want to mess with the Steam version, just in case..
But after installing the mod, the Steam version is also modded.

Can this be the problem? Should I have installed it on the Steam version folder? Or uninstalled the Steam version and then install the disc version?
Do you have 2 shortcuts?, if not check in the properties, if you have one label named web documents is the steam version, if you have direct access is the disc version, to be sure, choose one version to mod uninstalling all the mods and then reinstalling in order

Hi, Railgun, all this work is amazing, I thought NFSU2 had already been forgotten.
Before entering this thread, I modified the game on my own, I changed the handling thanks to a minimod that modifies the faster reaction of the wheels, gives a slightly better handling and the car does not feel as heavy as originally, also another mod. That causes the internal chamber to not move (shake) all the time.
I have also added a couple of cars.
I want to follow this thread and support you in this. It seems incredible not to be the only one that makes you want to modify this amazing game.
Any advice to make driving feel even more agile or more realistic? I don't like the original, it's like driving a boat or some modification that improves some other aspect of the game that you recommend.

PS: playing in 4k is something incredible.

Any advice to make driving feel even more agile or more realistic? I don't like the original, it's like driving a boat or some modification that improves some other aspect of the game that you recommend.
about that there are 2 major handling modifications, ptmu and g tyres.
The first one is more realistic and has more options for the cars in general, the problem is that the mod is more adapted to a wheel and there is secnond to none mods that are adapted to the mod
the second one is simpler adding more grip to the cars in general, this is more adapted to controllers and because of that im using as a base to the patch im currently working

In agreement! Thank you very much, could you tell me which one is more comfortable for an Xbox controller? I don't expect a simulator to feel, just to feel a more fun game. Oh and you have the mod links? Sorry my bad English is the translator.
I also installed the Wheels and tires mod, but I didn't see any changes, I thought it was for more variety of wheels

Last edited:
In my opinion the g tyres, you can force more the car with that mod making funnier the game, and about the wheel and tires, if you install the hd wheels and tires that mean that the only thing you did was to put better grafics to the tires and brakes of the cars, the only existing wheel mod is the chevyopala one and i discover that it has an error so im going to reupload it later, for now the modified mods that i have are in the initial posts, probably im going to upload it later the unmodified ones

For PC EA version 1.02, is there anyway to unlock the 3 Limited Edition cars without having to use modified .bff files or unpacking the game? I have the Limited Edition, and a completed save with the Limited Edition content, but the password is all lower case, so it's only good for offline now. Also it would be nice to be able to start a new career, but since EA broke the Limited Edition, that isn't possible, and not expecting this, I didn't create a new save with the Limited Edition content. I also have the Dr Pepper Camaro (promotional code), but not the Dr Pepper events or the Porsche Autobuild (another promotional car). There should be a way to restore all Limited Edition content (and promotional stuff) with a modded Shift2U.exe, but so far no one has done that.

There is a set of BFF files that unlocks all cars and events, but the save files will not be compatible.

For PC EA version 1.02, is there anyway to unlock the 3 Limited Edition cars without having to use modified .bff files or unpacking the game? I have the Limited Edition, and a completed save with the Limited Edition content, but the password is all lower case, so it's only good for offline now. Also it would be nice to be able to start a new career, but since EA broke the Limited Edition, that isn't possible, and not expecting this, I didn't create a new save with the Limited Edition content. I also have the Dr Pepper Camaro (promotional code), but not the Dr Pepper events or the Porsche Autobuild (another promotional car). There should be a way to restore all Limited Edition content (and promotional stuff) with a modded Shift2U.exe, but so far no one has done that.

There is a set of BFF files that unlocks all cars and events, but the save files will not be compatible.
There is no way to reactivate the limited edition via autolog, because EA shut down everything related to the game, the best way to unlock it is via a modified exe that unlocks it, i don't remember if the link is in this thread or the other one (the patch 1.2)

There is no way to reactivate the limited edition via autolog, because EA shut down everything related to the game.
EA didn't shutdown everything. Autolog and online play still work. Activation (authorized) (and deactivation) for either the EA store digital download (this predates Origin) or the PC DVD ROM is still working. Looking at EA service updates, the only entry around that time notes that on March 15, 2018, Need For Speed Network (website), was shutdown, and I'm not sure it's related to the "entitlements" messaging, as support was looking into trying to fix this last year, and stated it was related to a Shift 2 server, but perhaps a different server than the one use for autolog or activation. It should also be noted that Hot Pursuit Limited Edition is working, so it is probably using a different method to unlock.

modified exe
This is what I've been looking for, as opposed to using a modified .bff file as those savegames aren't compatible with non-modified .bff files.

EA didn't shutdown everything. Autolog and online play still work. Activation (authorized) (and deactivation) for either the EA store digital download (this predates Origin) or the PC DVD ROM is still working. Looking at EA service updates, the only entry around that time notes that on March 15, 2018, Need For Speed Network (website), was shutdown, and I'm not sure it's related to the "entitlements" messaging, as support was looking into trying to fix this last year, and stated it was related to a Shift 2 server, but perhaps a different server than the one use for autolog or activation. It should also be noted that Hot Pursuit Limited Edition is working, so it is probably using a different method to unlock.
The thing i referring here is that you cant activate the limited edition, neither you cant download any patch because ea deleted the pages relating the game, this applies too for the screenshots on autolog

The thing i referring here is that you cant activate the limited edition, neither you cant download any patch because ea deleted the pages relating the game, this applies too for the screenshots on autolog
I'm not sure what you're getting at. The Limited Edition content is already there with the standard version of the game, nothing was downloaded from the server, instead the server just sent "unlock" messages before it was broken. A patch to the exe should be possible, doing the same unlocks. There is already a partial patch to the exe that unlocks the 3 limited edition events if starting a new save game.

Hi sir, I just want to ask some help with regard the car mods. Im trying to add a specific vehicle using a Generic Mod Enabler. But after I activated a mod, Im having a hard time looking for a vehiclelist.lst into the vehicles folder. no vehiclelist.lst appeared in that folder. Can you help me sir? Thank you and looking forward for your immediate response.

Hi sir, I just want to ask some help with regard the car mods. Im trying to add a specific vehicle using a Generic Mod Enabler. But after I activated a mod, Im having a hard time looking for a vehiclelist.lst into the vehicles folder. no vehiclelist.lst appeared in that folder. Can you help me sir? Thank you and looking forward for your immediate response.

Probably you don't unpacked the game, i'm going to need a screenshot of your gmod to look it, if you have it, is supposed to be at the end of the vehicle folder

Probably you don't unpacked the game, i'm going to need a screenshot of your gmod to look it, if you have it, is supposed to be at the end of the vehicle folder

Hi sir, after installing the game, i did not change anything yet. Do i need to unpacked the game first? Please help sir. Where can i find a patch/tool for unpacking the game? Thank you for your response.

Hi sir, after installing the game, i did not change anything yet. Do i need to unpacked the game first? Please help sir. Where can i find a patch/tool for unpacking the game? Thank you for your response.
Yes, is not forcibly necessary, but makes all the process way easier, the link of the unpacker is in the start of this thread

Yes, is not forcibly necessary, but makes all the process way easier, the link of the unpacker is in the start of this thread
Hi, thank you for the guide.. I successfully unpacked the game. but I have one more problem. after the unpacking, I cant start the game. it says that I need a serial number thru activation process. is there any way to overcome this activation? thank you and godbless

Back