Need for speed Shift 2 Patch 1.2

• Thread starter Railgun
  • 135 comments
BMW M3
20190915023631_1.jpg

1 more car before the update, yayyy, now is missing finish more than 50 car including the engine swaps, yayyyyyyyy (kill me).
Now this is an special car and I have some mixed feeling about this car, because the car is like the 8C, if you are a newbie this is not the car that is going to put you in the 1st place, but if you know to drive it you're going to be unstoppable.
20190915011257_1.jpg

This car is not the fastest in its category, nor the lightest, with better handling or top speed, there at least 2 cars that can surpass this car in one or two of these aspects, but it doesn't matter because it has the enough of all that attributes to outclass the cars with that individual quirks, and the phrase that say Pumphrey in the up to speed of this car explains that perfectly: "You don't need to reinvent the wheel, you just need to make the best wheel".
The car is an Jack of all trades and sometimes it suffers but in general the only type of cars that makes battle are the ones that has more than 2 quirks (like the cayman whit accel and handling or the m6 with accel and top speed) or the car that excels in one quirk (like the GT500 or the Caterham).
20190915014636_1.jpg

The devs i suppose put the 6 speed transmission in the car, but the car has actually the 7-speed DCT, so i changed that, an reduced the top speed to 300 km/h (180 mph) there is not much hange after than, and redesign the engine entire-****ing again.
20190915015621_1.jpg

In its race version it has the same conduct, but now the problem is that there are more cars tha are very balanced, and because some of the cars still had some of its attributes the car has more problems maintaining a good position, so the car has now a impressive initial acceleration, but thats it, if you fail for a second, its almost certain that you're going to lose a position
20190915015829_1.jpg

2 Archers chasing a Tiger I 1944 colorized
20190915023222_1.jpg

Top 10 photos taken before disaster
In conclusion, buy this car only if you know to drive because if not, you're going to suffer a lot

Chevrolet Camaro SS
20190915192944_1.jpg

And the last car before the update, and probably the last B class car.
To be honest I expected that the car act like the GT500 or the Terlingua, and i was right, and wrong at the same time.
Obviously this is a muscle car, but to be honest it feels very controllable, and despite the flaws it have, especially the horrible 1st person view, the car can actually turn!, like a boat because you need half a mile to turn, but it can turn.
Unlike the M3 this car sacrifice some of their grip to have a slightly better acceleration, and it helps a lot in the city and short courses, and the murican ones.
20190915193747_1.jpg

In its race form the slightly change of attributes make its results, having now a way better accel than the m3 and thus holding better some tracks, but be careful because if you drive the camaro the race gt500 it will stay too and because the odd way the AI works is almost 100% that is going to kick your @$$.
20190915200130_1.jpg

Last edited:
And finally I'm going to update the patch, the new link is in the beginning and for now the install process is the same, and as an update for now the mod is half-compatible with the UCP Career mod

Cool what is the update is all about?

Half compatibility? What that means?
The patch uses both an physics mod and the hidden car, so maybe it has some issues, and basically for now update some thighs of the engines, ip and other things from the camaro until the drag cars

Audi RS4
20190916205357_1.jpg

And for my fortune i was wrong about the B class car.
This is in theory the rival of the M3 and I think i see both cars in a lot of racing games.
To be honest, i ran out of ideas to begin the introductions, and the car is what you see and don't: a 5 door 4WD sedan with an R8 engine, and to my fortune that means that i don't need to remap the engine again because, what a surprise the engine was a disaster again.
Again there was not a lot of info about the top speed, but searching a little bit i found that is an approximate of 300 km/h (180 mph?, i don't know)
20190916205317_1.jpg

Thanks to its 4wd system the car is a monster in straights but because the garbage tires it has a regular to bad turns, but if you can handle it well it can outclass even the muscle cars in straights.
20190916205150_1.jpg

(Luigi, I'm coming for ya n1gg@)
20190918214650_1.jpg

In it's race form the car is more maneuverable an that is clearly reflected in its ip because having less power than all the previous cars, it got a better time, but it doesn't mean that the handling is a lot better relatively speaking, the car can turn better, but the brakes can lock easily, it takes a while, and you can use that on your favor.
20190918212242_1.jpg

(The end of a long 20 minute chasing)
20190918212320_1.jpg

To me is a fun car to drive, but i don't buy it if i use it in its stock form

Shelby Cobra 427
20190921225300_1.jpg

Oh boy another car that was a disaster and because of a bit of luck i can solve it.
For context, the suspension has a value named Bump Travel, in general this value is very low, but guess what! In this car the value was insanely high and makes the car act like a low-rider, but some data changes here an there later and is solved, that included with the engine data (seriously, is very tiring have to check all the engines because Billy, the guy who was supposedly to search all the data was picking his nose all the time and smashing his head in the keyboard to put the data, and they don't have an excuse, specially when a lot of the cars were in the first game too) but anyway to the car.
20190921220629_1.jpg

The car is very good but the suspension sometimes is too bad but in general is good, it has an insane torque and because of its short gearing it has an insane acceleration. There is not much to say in its stock form especially because is not a lot of cars in the same category.
20190921221931_1.jpg

In its phase 3 form (because this car doesn't have a race form) the car is now insane, the tires has a lot of grip, it doesn't have aero so the car lifts up in every jump, and it has levels of torque of the s class cars, and if it than is not enough ingredients to a incoming disaster the suspension is relatively the same, i tuned the suspension to hold up the initial impulse of the car to hop during turns, but because i solved that issue later now the car has a decent amount of grip.
20190921221847_1.jpg

Now the car doesn't like to turn (as usual) but loves going fast and the faster you go, the better it responses, this is funny because were talking of another 4 wheeled brick like the caterham, in general is a excellent car but because the shape of the car is highly outclassed by its big brother, the Daytona coupe.
20190922015925_1.jpg

In conclusion, buy this car if you are a masochist. if you're not, buy the Porsche or the Daytona instead
20190921220639_1.jpg

Dodge Challenger Concept
20190925191346_1.jpg

Suddenly I started to see the end of this hellish process, and at the same time I know that I barely surpass the half of all the things i have to do.
I don't really know where i see the data, but I am pretty sure that the car weights almost 2 metric tons (almost 4400 lb) but i didn't found the page, so i use the data in the NFS wiki about the weight.
That's one of the problems, apart from the usual, the car has the suspension of the dodge viper, and in this car make the car has a "spongy" rear suspension, but in its race form the rear suspension collapses under the weight, speed and downforce of the car, so i have to make some changes.
Ps: This is why you need to double check always
20190923223422_1.jpg

So the car in general the car is very bad in its stock form, because of its massive weight, even with a very powerful engine the car can barely move the weight, there is not much to say about it.
20190925191205_1.jpg

This changes completely when you add the supercharger and the engine upgrades, and now the car is insanely fast, but it still can't turn, in a race the best strategy is to surpass as much cars you can in the first straight and with your massive size defend the best way you can until the next straight, but be careful because the car doesn't like the curves and if you put 1st in that situation, if you're not careful the car will spin.
20190925191311_1.jpg

To be honest i was expecting that the car was the same in it race form that the stock but the car surprises me. Because of the torque curve the car need to be all the time in high revs and because the car has a lot of raw power to give i put a 7th speed on the car, so now the car has a top speed of 350 km/h (217 mph) making it one of the fastest cars and i think that the 2nd gtx, only surpassed by the Veyron. (Edit: Actually when i was testing the top speed for the new update, I discover that the real top speed is 370 km/h (230 mph) which is tied with both the M6 and the Stirling Moss for the 2nd highest GTX Top speed and the veyron is actually out of the top 10)
20190925192653_1.jpg

The more i drive the car, the more i wanted that succeed, that it has the enough potential to reach its rivals (camaro and mustang) and maybe even surpass them. But the reality is cruel and in reality because of its weight and size, its highly outclassed by that 2. Making the transatlantic meme sadly real
60202353_137550537357965_8430333950364031995_n.jpg

But even if you cant turn well the same strategy applies as the stage 3, gain as much places you can in the start and with your massive size defend until the next straight, and although this sounds as contradictory as it can be (and seen), with a bit of power this car loves to drift , even with an open diff, the car love it, this is quite the opposite of the lexus, this is like an exited dog for the next curve, you only brake as hard as you can, downshift and then use the E-brake and the car do the rest of the job, and only to regain the line accel to the red line and upshift.
20190925192950_1.jpg

So in conclusion, this car is horrible to race, but is fun to drive, and its an excellent choice for the drift and 1 mile events (in its race form), so buy it if you are going to do one of those events
20190925193208_1.jpg

Last edited:
Shleby Cobra Daytona
20190928195344_1.jpg

Another day, another car. To be honest this (and the other cobra) are the perfect example of why I started this.
Even if the have similar weight (1043 vs 1070 kg) and while the cobra has more power ( 390hp vs 355hp), and the 427 has more torque (622 Nm vs 462 Nm) and of top of that the cobra has a shorter gearing, why the daytona is still superior?
The answer (or at least with the physics of the game) it's their CD (Coefficient of drag). because while the Daytona has an Cd of approx .37, the 427 has a CD of .475, that .10 extra of drag make a massive difference, and the results are even more notorious in the stage 3
20190928195441_1.jpg

The car use a slightly smaller version of the 5.0l v8 that ford uses on its GT40, and while it has more torque, the power is less, but even if now both cars has its own engine (and to keep the tradition alive i remake the engine based on the data found on automobile catalog) with its own slight changes, the difference in their responses are not too noticeable.
20190929230748_1.jpg

I believe i can fly, I believe i can touch the sky
The car has a enough well quantity of grip, but it's an 60s car, the car doesn't turns well, and the brake can lock very easily, but its a very good car.
In its stage 3 for the car is a beast, and i doesn't have a lot more to say, i has more grip but the car can be more nervous, the brakes can be still be locked and nothing much to say
20190929225559_1.jpg

In conclusion, if you use this car into the legends event use with max 1400 ip on all the races, in the boss event use it with 1570 max because the ai do strange things with this cars

Last edited:
BMW Z4 M Coupe
20191001184459_1.jpg

And when you think you're going to finish, something else appears (even if this time is my fault), so what to say about this car, to be hones not much, this car is basically use the same analogy of the M3, a well balanced car, but because of the lightness of the car it has better grip than the M3.
Obviously to make the car well balanced i have to rewrite some data, now the issue was the weight, and tyres and because fortunately automobile catalog is open (for now) it make easier this problem
Always double check the data part 2
20191001004551_1.jpg

The car has outstanding brakes, and even if is weaker than the M3 or the M6, this car has way more potential than these 2 imo.
20191001185411_1.jpg

In it race for is a beast, because of it's short gearing the car can barely reach 320 km/h (200 mph) but because of the massive grip the car has it is almost like its glued to the floor (while you stay on asphalt, because if you dare to touch grass, or even a curb the car act like it was on ice) making the car a very good one on their IP class.
20191001192504_1.jpg

If you want an easy to drive, but capable BMW buy this one

Last edited:
And as I say, there is more problems to solve, more specifically about the gearing, because of the very limited gears (63 in the transmisssion and 41 in the final drive) some cars was having problems with that, so originally i was thinking about changing the original table with the one make by stalker 90, but the problem was that the gears was now insanely high (500 to transmission and 600 to FG), so instead i make my own personalized one with 200 gears for the transmission and 100 to the final gearing,
But before implementing the new gearing i have to check at least all the already checked cars to avoid some issues with the race mods specially, and when that was checked i have to manually change the data on all of the chassis file so yeah, this is going to take some time... again.

And an infernal process and a lot of headaches later, I finish the gear changes, now all the cars have an unified gearbox, so now the gearings are way more customizable than the vanilla game, this is not the insanity levels of stalker, but it accomplishes very well the objective, now in theory (and emphasizing the theoretical part) all the cars have the same speeds i change until now, that include the gearing modifications, adding to that i make a few changes extra in the drivetrain upgrades because I'm a brainless idiot with no short term memory.
And adding to that i change the CD of the GT cars, so now instead of the og data that i make only by randomness, the CD is now an extra percentage of the stock CD of their street counterpart (15% extra for the GT1, 10% for the GT3 and 7.5% for the GT2), this is going to be applied in the future mods as well.
i update the link in the first posts, but here is the new link as well:
https://mega.nz/#!2AA3nACS!Fzf93ymTKnzi-mfArpY0vCSzToNrxgPxaAeihLMw24c

Ummmm,I wanted to ask do i need the latest version of shift 2 unleashed or the retail(or any other).......... It's been a long time i played this game and now i want to relive it........ of course with mods

Ummmm,I wanted to ask do i need the latest version of shift 2 unleashed or the retail(or any other).......... It's been a long time i played this game and now i want to relive it........ of course with mods
For now you just need the vanilla game, but as far i know if you had the origin or steam version you have included all the content, and some posts earlier i upload an exe with the limited edition races unlocked

Well i
As far as I know, I don't think that is a problem, if you have the DLC, its better, bit if you don't have it, download the 1.01 patch

Well,i downloaded the 1.01 patch but i don't think i have the speedhunters and legends dlc........... And can't find it anywhere also searched in cs.rin.ru but can't seem to find it.......... Would be easy if nogrip would still be online

If you go to the root files, if you have a carpet with the name of DLC 1 and 2 you have all the cars, so when you unpack the game you are in theory able to see it

Last edited:
The gearbox reconstruction period has ended, now were returning to our normal schedule

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
20191024232610_1.jpg

Now, what can I say about this car that there is no said, I mean this is a legend, and with this car is one of the few time when i agree about the engine info, because there is in any place where i found the torque curve of this car, fortunately there is the torque curve of the N1 version, and Zeperfs has a torque curve that match with that one.
I have good memories of this car, and i remember having one the most intense race in Shift 1 vs a Mucielago, but even if i like this car i have to be impartial, and my thoughts are that this car is like the 8C but for different reasons.
20191024232357_1.jpg

I not explain the reason of the Alfa to be that bad in my opinion, but for what i check is that both Alfas lack in 3 characteristics: weight, speed and power, so even if in the practice both cars can seem capable, in reality the cars can't compete with other cars with similar performance (in the case of the 8C is vs the Zonda clubsport and the Carrera).
The skyline only lacks of power, and there is a very wide range where the car has full potential, so is going to lose with cars with a better torque
curve, but thanks to a good grip you can have some advantage at the start of the curves, so use that in your favor.
20191024233857_1.jpg

In its race form the car has a very good initial acceleration and a decent grip, and even if i try to solve the torque problem, still suffers from it, and is almost certain that you're going to be beaten by the supercars of the class, but at least you can fight back
20191024234339_1.jpg

In my conclusion, buy the car only if you're going to use it in the non-race form, if not buy something else

Last edited:
So,i downloaded the update 1.02 from this link (//nfs-shift-brasil.blogspot.com/2012/05/dlcs-nfs-shift-2.html?m=1) which probably has the dlcs because the size is 758 MB. But its not starting. Now I don't know what should I do

Last edited:
Nissan 370Z
20191026202904_1.jpg

I ran out of ideas about the start again, but this one was very fun to drive.
Unlike the R34 this car has a much more natural torque curve and if the car had awd, I think it would easily beat the R34.
The engine was wrong again and nothing more in reality so fortunately the base car was easy to test
20191027143655_1.jpg

Maybe for the actual standarts the car is slow, but for 2011 the car has the enough amout the power to be good, and withsome modifications you can battle with very superior cars, especially the tyres
20191027143603_1.jpg

Unlike the challenger this car is more/less famous for its drifting abilities, and like the challenger, is good doing it, i feel that the challenger is better than the 370, but sometimes the challenger is too big for some tracks, like tokio docks, autopolis or ebisu for example, so this is a good 2nd option
20191027150429_1.jpg

In the race version the car is a monster and thanks an insane grip i have to make this car is now way better than the R34, and is probably the only car in the C class that can reach he S class.
20191027144910_1.jpg

The only reason to this car is able to reach this class is because the grip, and while it can fight vs the top A class car in terms of power, its going to be slighty outclased by the S class Hypercars (like the huayra)
20191027144950_1.jpg

20191027144858_1.jpg

This insane amount of grip on the Race mod is not by free, its because the engine swap,
While the skyline has the gtr vspec of engine swap, both Fairladys has the R35 GT1 engine as a swap, and maybe in the start were less powerful, but accordin of the data i found the GTR was the heaviest, least powerful in both aspects of the category, so to make it competitive the engine has an slighty over the average power of 650 bhp so with upgrades the car can reach 1k horsepower, so the original tires are not able to withstand so much power.
So now the car is very capable on all the B and A range, so if you want a car to complete almost all the races buy this car

Nissan 370Z
View attachment 860930
I ran out of ideas about the start again, but this one was very fun to drive.
Unlike the R34 this car has a much more natural torque curve and if the car had awd, I think it would easily beat the R34.
The engine was wrong again and nothing more in reality so fortunately the base car was easy to test
View attachment 860931
Maybe for the actual standarts the car is slow, but for 2011 the car has the enough amout the power to be good, and withsome modifications you can battle with very superior cars, especially the tyres
View attachment 860932
Unlike the challenger this car is more/less famous for its drifting abilities, and like the challenger, is good doing it, i feel that the challenger is better than the 370, but sometimes the challenger is too big for some tracks, like tokio docks, autopolis or ebisu for example, so this is a good 2nd option
View attachment 860935
In the race version the car is a monster and thanks an insane grip i have to make this car is now way better than the R34, and is probably the only car in the C class that can reach he S class.
View attachment 860939
The only reason to this car is able to reach this class is because the grip, and while it can fight vs the top A class car in terms of power, its going to be slighty outclased by the S class Hypercars (like the huayra)
View attachment 860938
View attachment 860941
This insane amount of grip on the Race mod is not by free, its because the engine swap,
While the skyline has the gtr vspec of engine swap, both Fairladys has the R35 GT1 engine as a swap, and maybe in the start were less powerful, but accordin of the data i found the GTR was the heaviest, least powerful in both aspects of the category, so to make it competitive the engine has an slighty over the average power of 650 bhp so with upgrades the car can reach 1k horsepower, so the original tires are not able to withstand so much power.
So now the car is very capable on all the B and A range, so if you want a car to complete almost all the races buy this car
Hey, are you testing the cars or just pointing out your favourites

I test the cars, and the i make a couple of races in an almost stock or stock, depending the range and in its race form, so i can know how they can feel and react vs other cars in its range

and as i said in the r34 review im going to be impartial, and for example, in my opinion the R34 is garbage vs newer cars, and the 370Z is an average car that got lucky because its conditions

These cars are integrated in the game already right?
The car i talk in this patch, yes those are the vanilla ones, the things i make in this case is change weghts torque curves and in general change some things that the devs dont make, for example the original evo SH was the scion TC TA with the suspension of the original evo
Then what about the modded ones? What do you with those?
Here i make some changes so i can solve some issues with the cars, taking for example the BMW pack, i remake a lot of the engines, changed sounds, put a basic notion of the ip etc, etc.
Another example I make long before i make this threads was to reinstall the interior of a modded saleen Sr5 GT3 with its road, version

Back