Need for speed Shift 2 Patch 1.2

• Thread starter Railgun
  • 135 comments
Thanks, is still makes me happy that somehow there is a more less alive community, maybe im going to use this thread to review the mod cars and put gameplay for the patch like this one

Last edited:
Well and since for now the progress in the mods are going to be slow, and because of this im going to review the mods now, instead of the vanilla cars.
Now the first issue with the mod was the balance, since sms ****ed up extremely badly with the low ip cars the d class was left empty, seriously the highest rating cars of the mod know are the scion tc, corolla ae86 and rx7 fc na.
So even before than adapting the ferrari addon or something like that, i had to put some econo-cars (or how i like to call it sh17 boxes) to fill the void, that said there is still a void but for now it can do, and im going to review it form worst to best.
So with that intro, lets go in this mental-taxing review
PS. All the stats im going to talk are the game stats i made, not irl ones and im going to use metric

Last edited:
Peugeot 107

20210520195257_1.jpg

For some reason i cannot comprehend, some dev said, "yeah it a good idea to put the slowest modern car in a racing game" and then a modder decided that the car was good enough to export it to shift.
The car is slow, it reaches 0 to 100km in 18 sec and 0 to 100 mi in NO
This thing is slower than the mini and that is something impressive in its own way
There is not much it can said in lower ip, the car is light and has no power, as all the other cars, but this one has even less power so is exrtremely useless is any track that has a straight longer than 200m and/or an uphill so.... here it is a photo of me losing to a yaris in downhill

20210520200113_1.jpg

Now there is no works modification so it stays in level 4 (all level 3 upgrades installed).
Here all it weakness can made some strength, obviously is still going to lose with similar cars, but now it can battle.
The car barely loses weight, but go from 93nm to 346nm and from 67 hp to 260hp, putting it in the border of the b class.
The car is surprisingly stable, and with a little bit of control you can powerslide to make high speed turns
20210520201151_1.jpg

Now lets remember that this is still a 107 so the top speed is awful and the acceleration is no better, but thanks to the lightness compared with basically everything else you can brake extremely late and the small size makes it very nimble.
I think it the only thing i can said abou this car, and for now is a very bad car, maybe when i add the kei cars it can be comparatively better but for now, it is what it is
20210520201259_1.jpg

Here im surpassing a ferrari on the outside, going to podium
20210520201322_1.jpg

And here im f0ck1ng all that like the 1d1ot i am

Last edited:
Nissan Micra
20210525152416_1.jpg

Usually when i made the stats, i have to search some aspects in the car to make the stats of the cars, specially the engine, weight and suspension,this one is the same as the 107, a ridiculous idea for a car and all of that is because this badge.
20210525152436_1.jpg

Searching the car info i got that this particular badge was made for their eco-friendly cars, so this means than instead of having a normal 4 cyl. engine, it has a supercharged 3 cyl. engine with 140 nm and less than a 100 bhp, its better than the 107, but not for a long shot
20210525154506_1.jpg

The car has a super soft suspension and is slow as heck, the 4th feels like a funeral and i never reach a good spot to put 5th, on all the compact ****boxes this is the worst, and i put a older yaris, so again, impressive

20210525154618_1.jpg

Nunca había visto tanta caca junta, fue un espectáculo impresionante

20210525161223_1.jpg

The level 4 car is a little bit better, like all the cars in this segments by the end of upgrades are lightweight nimble cars with no power, in this case the car thanks to a lot of initial torque has a "regular" acceleration, but thanks to the suspension the car can feel too nervous sometimes and because of a horrible weight distribution the car can lift up during braking, and can roll over if you hit too hard the curbs, so be careful about that.
20210525161516_1.jpg

20210525161557_1.jpg

Finally the car has a works upgrade, it is no much better than the lvl 4 car, the main benefit is that with aero the car feels more planted to the ground, but in the level of the car you will need a very good throttle control and weight transfer kowledge to be competitive in that level, so if youre a masochist (because there are wayyyyy better options in that level) go ahead and race with this thing against hypercars

In conclusion, the car is no good, is only a filler to have some competition so if you want to race and suffer a while use it

Last edited:
Toyota Yaris
20210529183445_1.jpg

This one was the opposite case with the micra and in this case was the S version, with in practical effects are a couple of "aggressive" plastics and 107 hp, it has the same torque as the micra, but those 10 horses make a difference, but in the end is still a yaris.
20210529183342_1.jpg

The car is boring as hell, but the main benefit of the car is that you can punish the engine so you can make very aggressive engine braking without worrying (too much) about the engine, again the maximum gear you're going to use is the 4th one
20210529184547_1.jpg

Now, level 4, the same advise of the micra can be applied here, but thanks of this car having a aero kit in this level the car has better stability, you can push the car more making more direct attacks in the turns, and you will need that because this car feels slower compared with the opponents.
20210529184702_1.jpg

And finally the works upgrade, here the car becomes the 2nd most powerful ca of the pack, only behind the fit, and ties in 2nd place (again with the fit) in stability, only losing vs the mazda 2, making one of the best car of the group, now with all that said there is a... curious aspect of this car.
Because of the range it has the ip matches with the GT500, challenger and charger works, and for now in mods with the fxx as well, so in the works events you're going to fight vs those cars, and being lighter that a ping pong ball you're going to "love" that
So if you're bold enough and hate yourself this is the car to go

Last edited:
I already plan on testing two mods with this patch:

http://nfs-game.com/load/need_for_s...exotic_pack_dlja_shift_2_unleashed/63-1-0-784 (Old vs New - Exotic Pack для Shift 2: Unleashed!)
http://nfs-game.com/load/need_for_s...tic_ii_pack_dlja_shift_2_unleashed/63-1-0-827 (Old vs New - Exotic II Pack для Shift 2: Unleashed!)

Will they work?
Unfortunately no, the amount of things changed means that all mods are incompatible for now, in the patch 1.2 + mods thread i have a list with all the compatible mods for now

Oh my God, I found a gold mine (your work) nfs shift 2 is probably the best nfs I have ever played, I completed it several times and in past few hours were looking for a decent mods, starting from cars, and now I found this. Thank you for your work, didn't test it yet, I have read all the pages of this thread and looking forward to test it out! Everything I'm waiting for now is a car mods support as I'm interested to test some exoitc cars. Again thank you for your huge work, it's not abandoned, right?

Oh my God, I found a gold mine (your work) nfs shift 2 is probably the best nfs I have ever played, I completed it several times and in past few hours were looking for a decent mods, starting from cars, and now I found this. Thank you for your work, didn't test it yet, I have read all the pages of this thread and looking forward to test it out! Everything I'm waiting for now is a car mods support as I'm interested to test some exoitc cars. Again thank you for your huge work, it's not abandoned, right?
Not yet, im still working on it, but im more active on discord, hence the inactivity here

To be more specific the one i'm looking for is the one that unlocks the Limited Edition events, i saw at another forum and the latest release seems to be 1.75. But the files are no longer available there.

To be more specific the one i'm looking for is the one that unlocks the Limited Edition events, i saw at another forum and the latest release seems to be 1.75. But the files are no longer available there.
There is an exe that unlocks it, but only works on steam version and in specific versions of cracked ones

Back