Need for Speed Unbound - General Discussion

• Thread starter Famine
  • 750 comments
Curious to see what they do for this one. Art seems nice, but i hope you can minimize the special effects (if it actually ends up in the final version). Can't wait to see what 3 years can do for this franchise.
Hope they have improved the physics, because it was the only thing holding back my enjoyment. They do everything else decently. OH and also don't forget to support the game this time, Criterion.

I can't help but feel that cover makes the game look very dated. Something out of 2005 perhaps.
Well, as long as the game is good that's what matters more.
Edit: I mean the cover with the logo, not the reveal premiere image.

Last edited:
There are a few gameplay leaks showing an open world, so that's what I would expect. A few cars have been revealed in those leaks as well, including a Cheverolet Bel Air and a Ferrari F50. I'm keeping an eye on this, Need For Speed games are hit and miss for me (but then so are most game franchises these days) but it'd be nice if it turns out to be one of the hits.

I've heard from somewhere that there will be some anime elements in the game. Kinda curious how will it look like...

If the claims of having anime style effects in game continue to hold true like in the leaked pre-alpha footage then its going to be a major clash of styles with the proposed punk aesthetic from the title image.

Very low expectations given that Heat was left to rot without being given the chance to shine.

I think it looks sharp, something a bit different and clearly representative of the direction the game is going style wise which we've known for a while now.

A side note, most of the Need for Speed games on EA Play have had their logos changed to white and green, clearly some cool little promo nod.

As for the reveal, hoping to see the direction the gameplay will be taking, if it's gonna be typical of recent NFS games with cheesy/crap stories or if it's gonna go more for the Crew 2 or Forza Horizon type more casual open world racing experience. Naturally I hope the customisation is maintained from Heat/2015 and built upon for cars that may normally lack parts. I also do hope that the map leak was real as that map looks like a lot of fun with some great roads to hit.

I'm really curious about how this game will be. However I'm concerned about the "anime" effects, and this is coming from an anime fan. I really don't like dissonant visual styles in games. Either make it photorealistic or animated, don't mix the two. Or, at least, if you do want to mix, make it possible to turn off the effects.

Last edited:
The cell shading worked well for automodellista. Handling was a bit off, but one of my favourite all time racers. From car customisation to garage customisation. A unique game with some of its features.

CM haven't made anything decent since Grid 2 and Criterion's NFS-branded burnout games were garbage. It's no coincidence the last NFS that was actually focused on racing/driving was made by Black Box.

I'm tired of executives not knowing what made a franchise successful and running it into the ground then parachuting out. This may be the last NFS I bother with.

edit

The Run.

Last edited:
Can't say I have high expectations for this, but I'm open to be pleasantly surprised. I'm sure most can agree that we just want to see more cars, but I seriously hope there isn't more stupid player model dress-up. Really gotten tired of that lately with many games beyond the racing genre. Also would be nice if there...wasn't as much focus on a story? But I kind of doubt that.

I'm really curious about how this game will be. However I'm concerned about the "anime" effects, and this is coming from an anime fan. I really don't like dissonant visual styles in games. Either make it photorealistic or animated, don't mix the two. Or, at least, if you do want to mix, make it possible to turn off the effects.
Not too sure why they call it anime effect but it seem to be more to weird punk/graffiti effects pops up randomly. Like one of the leak clip with the Bel Air shows the car somehow has graffiti wings drawn at the side of the car while it is doing a stunt jump.

It looks weird in the clip but it doen't really feel anime for me.

Tentatively excited, always willing to at least give NFS a shot. Have had a lot of fun over the years with the series.

Soooo the sequel to NFS Nitro? Why should I get hyped up for this title after NFS Heat ended up being a pile of **** five months in... I don't know how anybody can keep giving EA more chances. NFS Unbound will probably be NFS Heat with cartoon effects to stylize it. Yawn.

Last edited:
190E Evo II is the cover car?
it's ASAP Rocky's Mercedes 190E
1664940053625.png

Back