Need For Speed Underground

I bought this game a couple of weeks ago and I love it, customizing the car to a point that is rad or unique makes me spend lots of time and dedication on it(I use a Skyline with some cool vynils) I would love to take a pic though, but I need a digi cam first:embarrassed:

My favorite race mode is definitely the drag racing, it's awesome when you hit at full that level 3 NOS with the upgrade:mischievous:

And about the traffic, I have no problem since I have good reflexes:D

I'm in the 103 mission so far(7 laps circuit) :)

Originally posted by HeinrichII
(I use a Skyline with some cool vynils)

Who hasn't used the Skyline R34. I advise you to use the RX-7. It would kill the Skyline R34 in everything in NFS:U.

for my personal likings, I prefer the Skyline over the RX-7, it's maybe because I spend most of my time on drag races and Skyline's acceleration owns :D

and btw today I finished all the missions, that damn 7 lap enduro race was the toughest to achieve, all the rest all cool(hard difficulty btw ;) )

the only problem with the skyline's drifting is keeping speed going. thats my biggest problem is keeping speed.

and traffic isnt the problem. its how they swarve in front of you all the time. they cut across the road so when you try to swarve behind them they go backward and hit you and they speed up when you try to swarve in front of them. it never fails, you always hit them

I really suck at drifting, my biggest score was probably around 200,900 or something, and I have seen scores around here like at more than 500000 lol, for drifting I use either the Eclipse or the RX-7...

I started playing this game again the other day, for some odd reason. I've got a Lancer(I'm not sure why I picked this car) tuned fairly well, and it looks pretty good.

I have a pretty sweet RX-7...silver with gold tint, aqua neon and stickers...will post a pic once I get my hands on a cam...

Btw, I find that the best setting for drifting is to max everything except drivetrain, put it at professional or street.

Why?

This is so to prevent the car from having too high a top speed, making it difficult to control. I choose mods to provide high acceleration and good handling, with top speed in mid-range.

High acceleration will allow the car to pull out of corners faster, making it easier to link drifts and get to a higher speed quickly.

Good handling, together with the RX-7's FR layout, allow more precise control and the holding of drifts.

A mid-range top speed will ensure that there is sufficient speed through the corners, fast enough to maintain the drift to a length that will result in outrageous (pun intended) scores, but not so fast that positive control is lost, resulting in spinning and hitting the wall.

Any comments and feedback are welcome. I thought this game would be cr@p without the replay function, but the ability to mod your ride wins some back :)

Originally posted by sny_pher
I have a pretty sweet RX-7...silver with gold tint, aqua neon and stickers...will post a pic once I get my hands on a cam...

Funny, I need a digital myself. I wanna show my A'Pex i D1 Drifting RX-7 to you'll, but somehow, my dad won't bring the digital home....

Originally posted by hondaracer88
yes they do get unlocked, I bought them all up before the last race too. OOPS! the unique ones from Samantha and Tj do not all get unlocked though

Yes they do, because I've got them. :P

*edit = thought you meant the cars themselfs. Oh well, lol.

hmm talk about rx7 n skyline ill choose rx7 cause it has long distance pickup gear compare than skyline its a fast speed on pickup & @ the cornerz is nightmare ... skyline hard to turn compare to rx7 1tips try using hard difficulty to all endurance race cause the com will going faster & make lots of mistakes use rx7 its good overall cars ...:)

Originally posted by drifterzzz
hmm talk about rx7 n skyline ill choose rx7 cause it has long distance pickup gear compare than skyline its a fast speed on pickup & @ the cornerz is nightmare ... skyline hard to turn compare to rx7 1tips try using hard difficulty to all endurance race cause the com will going faster & make lots of mistakes use rx7 its good overall cars ...:)

The RX-7 and Skyline are equal kinda. In ways they are the same, but they both have a good use in the game. I would choose the RX-7 over any car in NFS:U though.:D

WHy is it that even though I chose the unique upgrades that boosted my car's top speed and accel. the most but when i go online, why are most cars are considered challenging? Even other rx-7s are considered challenging...

Originally posted by Darin
Have you broke a controller yet?
LOL, yeah, that damn traffic! The game isn't too frustrating until you get to the 6 and 7 lap races, and cars pull out from no where..................Damn!!!! ;)

lol havent broke a controller yet no but i have been screaming at the tv a lot although its the ps2 which gives me grief!:lol: im usually alright with darting through traffic in ecxess of 160mph until i get to the last lap then ill just plough into a pillar, car, wall or whatever on the last corner and end up losing :mad:

im much better at drift because theres no traffic :lol: and im not too bad at drag but ill total myself all too often or use nos at the wrong time:(

Originally posted by bondy_1625
lol havent broke a controller yet no but i have been screaming at the tv a lot although its the ps2 which gives me grief!:lol: im usually alright with darting through traffic in ecxess of 160mph until i get to the last lap then ill just plough into a pillar, car, wall or whatever on the last corner and end up losing :mad:

im much better at drift because theres no traffic :lol: and im not too bad at drag but ill total myself all too often or use nos at the wrong time:(

Snap! :lol:

Saying that, I have completed it 3 times. :P

Just rented this game on a whim the other night. Not bad, really - if you're into arcade-style play. The drifting mode is a blast, and the sense of speed in the game (while obviously overly done) is intense.

I'll try to post up my 240SX tomorrow.

DUDE! That avatar is awesome!

But, yea, its okay, but the AI cheats like a sack of potatoes in rugby. That made no sense at all....

NFSu rocks ass, its an ammazing game where u can tune up ur cars and decorate them, all grantursimo needs is da body vinals and the NOS and it would be the best racing game with out a dout

NOS is a must have for the best driving simulator, it mixes street racing wid normal, ultimate combination, and why arent you signed in???

Back