Need help! Having some issues with the game.

  • Thread starter Thread starter lastshot83
  • 22 comments
  • 1,186 views
Messages
26
Messages
lastshot83
So just this past Thursday I started having a lot of issues with this game. Here are the problems I'm experiencing at the moment:

1. The game hangs at the opening menu. The video in the background plays but the cursor won't show up until a few minutes after.

2. It takes a very long time to get to the Remote Race screen after going to Community->Remote Races and sometimes it would say "Event not found." Also when I try to exit Remote Race and back to the menu it would hang there on the loading screen with the silver GT logo for a while.

3. Widget doesn't work very well. It would just do one race and not start up another automatically.

4. Takes a long time to load up info for seasonal events and friends' profiles.

I remember having a similar issue with my old fat PS3 where it froze on the GT3 loading logo and read that turning off all the music would fix it. I tried it that time and it worked but no luck this time with the slim PS3.

I've tried clearing the cache but it hasn't helped. I run an ethernet cable to the system and my internet connection is fine so I don't think it's a connection issue.

Has anyone experienced this before or knows a solution?
 
Is your disc dirty?
Cleaning it with a cloth might help.
 
Just checked it and it's fine. No scratches or any dirt on it at all.
 
Strange, there is a way with deleting 'game' data. Not the save data that you could save to USB, but the 'game'. I do not know how to do this, but it should help for some issues like the one you're having.
 
You mean deleting that 6gb data that helps cut down load times? I see and option to "Delete Installed Files" which I think will delete that data.
 
Omg,I have the same problems,don't do it,its unfixable unless you delete gt5 data.and restart updates,I just deal with it
 
Have you tried clearing your cache ?
 
Yes, that was the first thing I tried. I just deleted the installed files and it hasn't helped either. Hopefully it really isn't unfixable.
 
Did you happen to.buy the game used?????????????????
 
Your hdd is corrupt, easy to fix but you'll need to get into the ps3's hidden menu, google for it as I can't remember the exact way to get to it! :( you need to rebuild the hdd, non-destructive I think ;)
 
Had those exact same problems, it actually made me leave GT5 for a while, However I solved the problem. I deleted all data etc and still same problem. For some unknown reason it happens when it you are connected to PSN through wireless, I hooked it up through wired connection and not had a single problem since. Try it it will well be worth the hassle.
 
I would double check your internet connection just to make sure. I get the same thing from time to time at the opening menu as GT5 is trying to access the servers to get News information. Turn your internet off and try playing GT.
 
I had that issue badly yesterday, ended up on Nat 3 for the first time. I turned off PS3 and Router. Then turned Router back on, then PS3 after it was ready. Then I was back to Nat 2 like always.

Do you have many photos/tracks? They seem to be stored in the game, not the game save. I wonder if clearing some out would help.
 
It's web connection,I tested it with my other games too low connection signing me in and out
 
Did you happen to.buy the game used?????????????????

No, I bought the CE brand new when it first released.

hol
Your hdd is corrupt, easy to fix but you'll need to get into the ps3's hidden menu, google for it as I can't remember the exact way to get to it! :( you need to rebuild the hdd, non-destructive I think ;)

Sounds pretty complicated but I'll check that out.

Had those exact same problems, it actually made me leave GT5 for a while, However I solved the problem. I deleted all data etc and still same problem. For some unknown reason it happens when it you are connected to PSN through wireless, I hooked it up through wired connection and not had a single problem since. Try it it will well be worth the hassle.

My system has always been running a wired connection.

I would double check your internet connection just to make sure. I get the same thing from time to time at the opening menu as GT5 is trying to access the servers to get News information. Turn your internet off and try playing GT.

I'm mainly using the widget at the moment so I need the internet connection to grind.

I had that issue badly yesterday, ended up on Nat 3 for the first time. I turned off PS3 and Router. Then turned Router back on, then PS3 after it was ready. Then I was back to Nat 2 like always.

Do you have many photos/tracks? They seem to be stored in the game, not the game save. I wonder if clearing some out would help.

I just tested my connection and it's on NAT 2. Only picture I have saved is my in-game avatar, no tracks.
 
i am having the same problem and sometimes when i quit the game while it's frozen, the ps3 restarts :|
 
I just deal with it email PD see what they say
 
Is your wired connection straight to the router or cable modem? If online (and not remote racing), go straight to modem and ditch the router.

1. Clear system cache.
2. Reset internet connection before turning on playstation.
3. Disable custom music.
4. Pray to deity of choice.
5. Contact Sony.

Some of your issues are known glitches with either 1.10 or Sony's 3.66, or both. There are about 3 million threads about similar issues, most detailing easy fixes.

Your NAT type primarily deals with your abilities and options when hosting online events, but not remote racing. With my PS3 hooked up to a crappy router, I can remote race all day long as NAT 3 (the worst) using the widget, so the connection isn't the issue when remote racing. When I join online races or shuffle races, however, sometimes all hell can break lose. Since following the above steps, I've been trouble free, even adding more stress on the system by using a mic.

For your remote racing woes, switch to the US server, and that should solve most of your problems.
 
Last edited:
i am having the same problem and sometimes when i quit the game while it's frozen, the ps3 restarts :|

Dealing with the same problems, the restart thing too and it's been going on for like two weeks already. Tried both cleaning the cache and deleting and reinstalling the game data but that didn't work either. I run a 60 GB fat and it was almost full so i freed 10 GB but that didn't make a difference either. Some people suggested it must be my ps system itself but other games work just fine. I'm hoping for an update because to me 1.10 seems to be the problem!
 
Last edited:
So just this past Thursday I started having a lot of issues with this game. Here are the problems I'm experiencing at the moment:

1. The game hangs at the opening menu. The video in the background plays but the cursor won't show up until a few minutes after.

2. It takes a very long time to get to the Remote Race screen after going to Community->Remote Races and sometimes it would say "Event not found." Also when I try to exit Remote Race and back to the menu it would hang there on the loading screen with the silver GT logo for a while.

3. Widget doesn't work very well. It would just do one race and not start up another automatically.

4. Takes a long time to load up info for seasonal events and friends' profiles.

I remember having a similar issue with my old fat PS3 where it froze on the GT3 loading logo and read that turning off all the music would fix it. I tried it that time and it worked but no luck this time with the slim PS3.

I've tried clearing the cache but it hasn't helped. I run an ethernet cable to the system and my internet connection is fine so I don't think it's a connection issue.

Has anyone experienced this before or knows a solution?

1. This happens to me. I usually press the PS button then wiggle the left analogue stick around a bit. Eventually, a message should appear on the game screen saying something about losing connection to the servers. Simply exit the XMB and press OK on the message. You should be able to continue.

Can't help with 2 & 3 I'm afraid.

4. That's just the nature of the game.
 
Back