Need Help Tuning? Ask Here!

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 299 comments
I have been looking for a use for my 440, I may give it a shot. Any tips for it? Suspension and gearing? Just to be clear, I'm not asking for your tune, just tips to make my own :).

If memory serves right the 440 shifts at redline so ideally top out shortly after the bridge and keep gears close
Thanks, I won't be working on it today, the season finale of the walking dead is on tonight, and my brother is playing right now. Maybe once I actually get a car I'll have a shot at a team :lol:.

I am curious if anyone has tried the data logger, on a few test runs yet? If you have, does it seem like it will be usefull to our tuning?
I would test but I have not updated yet, and work doesnt seem to want to give a guy a break.

I just tried it out. And its useless for our tuning, in my opinion. It displays G's but does not display a numerical G value. Its like the transmission you have to guestamate.
It does display numerical, RPM, Speed, Gear, And wheel speeds.(Thats all I tested from dissapointment.)
Another few flaws are;
Telemetry is not real time. And is slowed down.
The Telemetry speed is not adjustable.
There is no time reference or visual refence so its a crap shoot of guessing where you finish. A problem with cars that rev past the line.

As far as drag racing is concerned, I think its a fail.

Ok need help with mustang gt 13 shelby..

Start final 2.8 my first second perfect but going to third if I don't use nos I bog down . My 4th and fifth are already all the way right. I'm missing something here to get this thing right.

What's the trick I'm missing?

Last edited:
Can you adjust 3rd to the right some more?

Yea after I posted I got 1 2 3 now hitting really good.. But what I'm running into is last gears to far apart and bogging with out nos..

Now don't get me wrong it's fast but I want to be able to get in lobbies with some good players and most require no nos.

Anyway my 4th gear can be adjusted a little bit but 5&6 are already all the way right. And will bog..

Do I need to start with a lower final at start say 2.7 not 2.8 to tighten the gears more at top end?

All help is greatly appreciated

From what your saying your close.I would try 2.750 first. So you dont shorten it to much. If thats still to long then try 2.725.

When you get close to where you need to be, which you are kinda, I always recommend adjusting at .05, if thats to much, then .025 down to .010 etc... till you get it exactly where you want it.

From what your saying your close.I would try 2.750 first. So you dont shorten it to much. If thats still to long then try 2.725.

When you get close to where you need to be, which you are kinda, I always recommend adjusting at .05, if thats to much, then .025 down to .010 etc... till you get it exactly where you want it.

Awsome thx man!!

Btw what's the deal with the copy feature. I copied my tune to C so I could tweak without loosing original but I lost it all and had to start over.

Last edited:
Maybe I need to race on moon. At this point I'm ready to back to road courses
Dont, beat yourself up. When I started, it took me a few months to get everything down pack. I still hate tuning 5 speeds and cars with odd power curves.

im noticing some people are not doing the full throttle launch and it seems more like a controlled rpm launch. I tired tuning for a more controlled rpm launch and it seems pretty good. Anyone on here know of anything like this?

im noticing some people are not doing the full throttle launch and it seems more like a controlled rpm launch. I tired tuning for a more controlled rpm launch and it seems pretty good. Anyone on here know of anything like this?
It's the placebo effect. They think it helps because sometimes they might react faster. The simple fact is that, without a countdown(like the start screen on a race or license test), there is no possible way to timed launch online.

In order to do a successful timed launch, like in GT5, you need two things:

1) Know exactly when the person is ghosting - which in GT5 we had the countdown for Route X.
2) Hit full throttle while simultaneously releasing the brake at the perfect RPM for the launch.

Sitting at 5k RPMs then releasing the brake while hitting the throttle will not cause a timed launch because it doesn't put the car under immediate load. Not only that, human reaction time is simply not quick enough to react to a random ghost as fast as normally releasing the brake for a ghost. Even if someone did successfully do a timed launch online, their reaction to it would put them behind a normal racer and eliminate all advantage of a better launch.

As much as people complain about the lack of the speed test, it is the reason why tree is dominating online and not always tuning methods. This was the same as it was in GT5, but the difference is there are no "armchair quarterbacks" comparing Route X times that never came online to race.

Do we need to worry about downforce, since theres no atmosphere?
You have to work on upforce, because downforce hurts your moon launch. Because of how slow the car is on the ground, it gains higher speed in the air and therefore is faster if you keep it off the ground the entire race.

This Thread is for the discussion of 1/4mi. Tuning and Tips/Tricks of 1/4 mi. Tuning.
This Thread is not about just asking for a Tune, but the willingness to learn.

First and foremost, please read this first: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-4-mile-transmission-guide-for-dummies-illustrated.294981/ before asking about Transmissions.:D

Please feel free, to ask questions and/or make comments about your observations in Drag Racing.

Even though, we don't like to give out Tunes, some members may decide to give out a Base Tune(not a perfect Tune, but shows you the right direction to Tune your car.)

If you still have problems figuring out your/how to Tune, please provide your Tune, so we can see where you have the settings wrong and tell you how to fix it.

We will not give specific numbers or Full Tunes, so don't bother asking.
If you do receive a Base Tune, don't cry that its not the best, ask for help on how to deal, with whatever problems you are experiencing in the Base Tune.

As we learn more Tips and Tricks, I will create a list of them.

Also I will create a list of Base Tunes that have been supplied in this Thread.
I will test the Base Tunes to make sure they are not literally a BaSe(did ya catch that?) tune. As to not waste my time, making links to bad Base Tunes.(even though I might waste my time testing some):indiff:

Tips and Tricks:
  • CH-SH Tires, on non driven wheels.(Depends on drive-train)
  • No Flat Floors.(A upgrade in the Custom Parts options)
  • Raked suspensions, are not the best option, for all drive-trains.

Base Tunes: Coming whenever...

As usual, any help with ideas, etc.. for this Thread are welcome.:cheers:

New people and Trolls, do not flood this Thread with requests for Tunes!!:mad::mischievous:

Also lets keep this civil so it gets stickied and not locked.
HEY I need help I new on gt planet I need help tuning my gtr black edition for 1/4 mile drag I need help with the launch

HEY I need help I new on gt planet I need help tuning my gtr black edition for 1/4 mile drag I need help with the launch
3.425 dont touch second, read shakes tuning guide, from there you can figure what your gears will do best at. Do some more searching, also min/min height.

I
3.425 dont touch second, read shakes tuning guide, from there you can figure what your gears will do best at. Do some more searching, also min/min height.
I wil try it thank u but is it a automatic or manual tune ?

I

I wil try it thank u but is it a automatic or manual tune ?

The GT-R Black Edition can run AT or MT with just one tune, the only GT-R I know that is a quick shift is the Spec V and the Tokyo Motor Show on the mid range turbo other than that none of them are. Just a quick hint, the Spec V is faster than the Black Edition.

The GT-R Black Edition can run AT or MT with just one tune, the only GT-R I know that is a quick shift is the Spec V and the Tokyo Motor Show on the mid range turbo other than that none of them are. Just a quick hint, the Spec V is faster than the Black Edition.
I know that spev v faster I want to improve the launch of my black edition

Back