Need help with drifting in a rwd

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thomas_Zugay
  • 9 comments
  • 947 views
Messages
3
United States
United States
Every time I try to drift in a rwd I keep on spinning out and I’ve tried tunes and they still don’t work. Can someone please help me on what I have to do??
 
Do you want to learn how to drift or do you want to successfully do the drift challenges? Two totally different scenereos ;-)
 
Try different tires, I use comfort softs. I also use same tires front and rear. You basically have to be easy on the throttle AND the steering. Go to one track in drift and just do it over and over. Try a stick set up with only the tires changed, maybe even a awd car to start and get the feel.
 
I think its impossible to do real drifts in GT-S. Only working thing is a kind of powerslide that it looks like drifting :D
 
Maybe leave TCS on 1? Or just don't oversteer too far.

I quite liked drifting in the Skyline R34... got the million points.
 
I think its impossible to do real drifts in GT-S. Only working thing is a kind of powerslide that it looks like drifting :D
I manage weight shift entrys quite well sometimes, but other times i just spin :boggled:
 
Same problem here :D If it would only be half as good as in assetto corsa... that would be awesome^^
Little replay from yesterday, 1-2 good slides, but on awd car... playing arround since weeks with the bmw m4 to make it driftable but not realy have succses:(
 
In GT 6 I used to drift with the hardest tires possible and was ok but needed a controller to often be fast enough to counter steer successfully. I came across an article like the one at the end saying that formula drift actually runs rather sticky tires and tried it in GT Sport with the 458 and race hards and can string together drifts with a wheel now. I did upgrade the power to help with power on oversteer but that’s really all I touched. To me it seems more natural. Next I need to set some time aside to look at suspension, get my head out of the livery editor! I’d say give it a try, it might suit your style of drifting or eliminate some tuning that doesn’t work for you.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/amp/engineering-explained-how-to-build-a-drift-car-the-wrong-way/
 
In GT6 I always used to drift on CS-SS tires and it always worked out really good even with only basic setup adjustments.
In GTS, not so much :lol:
 
Back