Need help!

• Thread starter Hondahank
  • 7 comments
Canada
Canada
hondahank
How do you reduce the performance points on the 2J 70 so you can enter the race at 465 performance points in GT7?? I can not get it down that low??
any help would appreciated. Thanks

How do you reduce the performance points on the 2J 70 so you can enter the race at 465 performance points in GT7?? I can not get it down that low??
any help would appreciated. Thanks
Right now, it's less power, more weight, or worse tyres. I don't recall if reducing aero works at the moment.

It seems like that's a lot of performance reduction you're aiming for though.

Right now, it's less power, more weight, or worse tyres. I don't recall if reducing aero works at the moment.

You can also move the ballast "the wrong way". That definitely affects PP.

In my purely personal opinion a car with default PP of 870+ never should take part in a 465PP race though.

Last edited:
You can also move the ballast "the wrong way". That definitely affects PP.

In my purely personal opinion a car with default PP of 870+ never should take part in a 465PP race though.
The only reason I want to tr try this car is that the people with the best finish in the race all used this car, so I am wondering how they managed to get the car to compete. Not sure what I am missing on reducing the points. I have reduce power to lowest, I have the hardest tires, I have added ballast, but I am not even close.

The only reason I want to tr try this car is that the people with the best finish in the race all used this car, so I am wondering how they managed to get the car to compete. Not sure what I am missing on reducing the points. I have reduce power to lowest, I have the hardest tires, I have added ballast, but I am not even close.
Worth nothing the PP calculation has been adjusted many times since the early days of the game. It's likely that you cannot get the 2J that low anymore, and they're just old records.

These are probably times from a few patches ago, there was a glitch in the pp ratings where you could change the gear ratios in such a way a cars pp rating dropped significantly. I don't beleive you can get that cars rating that low anymore since that glitch was patched out by making gear ratios have no impact on the pp rating.

You could use a similar technique to get the Tomahawk to qualify for loads of races too where it would lap significantly faster than anything else.

Last edited:

These are probably times from a few patches ago, there was a glitch in the pp ratings where you could change the gear ratios in such a way a cars pp rating dropped significantly. I don't beleive you can get that cars rating that low anymore since that glitch was patched out by making gear ratios have no impact on the pp rating.

You could use a similar technique to get the Tomahawk to qualify for loads of races too where it would lap significantly faster than anything else.
Thanks for the info, possibly this is the issue. Any suggestions as to what car to use to be competitive in the mission challenge, human comedy, alsace race? I can not get any car that meets the requirements to even get through a lap at pace to win. Thanks

Thanks for the info, possibly this is the issue. Any suggestions as to what car to use to be competitive in the mission challenge, human comedy, alsace race? I can not get any car that meets the requirements to even get through a lap at pace to win. Thanks

Kyoto, Deepforest, Alsace, for these 3 I took Lancia Stratos.
The info from the link is a few monthes old, Statos has lost PP in the meantime which means it is faster now.
The car basically wins on fuel consumption and tyrewear while at the same time not being slower than the AI competition (potentially, depending on driving).

Last edited:
Back