Nemesis tracks.

• Thread starter Taxrik
  • 69 comments
Big Willow used to be my Nemesis also, especially the last corner, I'd pray for a reset car button the moment my tyre touched the dirt! I've gone on some quite long dirt rallys on that course.
That corner also massively improved once I switched to a wheel, I actually like that corner now!
This is very true about changing to a wheel, I found much the same once I made the switch too.
It's just one of those corners, there's just such a lack of reference points outside of the track that sometimes I find it difficult to find the same "groove" here. I think it's mostly because it's that wide and still a pretty fast corner that finding just that right moment to turn in is a hit and miss for me. I find in the TT mindset just a fraction too soon and it's bouncing off the inside edge, across the track and off into the desert(...or spinning backwards into the pit lane :irked: :lol:) and a fraction too late dips the outside rear into the sand...spinning top time until the fence launches me skyward :dopey:.

I use to have similar issues with the last corner at Tsukuba too but the sheer repetition over the years had helped a lot :D.

This is very true about changing to a wheel, I found much the same once I made the switch too.
It's just one of those corners, there's just such a lack of reference points outside of the track that sometimes I find it difficult to find the same "groove" here. I think it's mostly because it's that wide and still a pretty fast corner that finding just that right moment to turn in is a hit and miss for me. I find in the TT mindset just a fraction too soon and it's bouncing off the inside edge, across the track and off into the desert(...or spinning backwards into the pit lane :irked: :lol:) and a fraction too late dips the outside rear into the sand...spinning top time until the fence launches me skyward :dopey:.

I use to have similar issues with the last corner at Tsukuba too but the sheer repetition over the years had helped a lot :D.

Yes, the lack of reference points does make this corner hard, and I'm still not really consistent. the way the wheel helps is being able to tighten my turn mid corner using steering. With a controller it is very hard to start the turn without full lock on with the stick, so the only way to tighten my turn is to reduce my speed. Which as I'm coming round that last corner I really really want to be powering out so I overcook it and at the last moment clip the sand and then it's bye-bye, off into the sunset. I'd never even seen the inside kerb of that corner until I got a wheel! :lol:

Still can't figure Fuji out, I love the track, but feel like I never take the last few corners the same way twice!

Last edited:
Rather than entire tracks I have nemesis corners:

Interlagos - turn 1 (I don't even get why it's so hard for me, but I nearly always go in too fast)
Fuji - penultimate corner
Suzuka - Spoon
Brands Hatch - Surtees
Mount Panorama - The downhill esses

In last weeks daily race C I couldn't get turns 1 and 2 of Suzuka down in gr.2. The top racers were going into turn 1 at full steam. When I did that I went wide every single time.

Maybe I just suck :lol:

Yes, the lack of reference points does make this corner hard, and I'm still not really consistent. the way the wheel helps is being able to tighten your turn mid corner using steering. With a controller it is very hard to start the turn without full lock on with the stick, so the only way to tighten your turn is to reduce your speed. Which as you're coming round that last corner I really really want to be powering out so I overcook it and at the last moment clip the sand and then it's bye-bye, off into the sunset. I'd never even seen the inside kerb of that corner until I got a wheel! :lol:

Still can't figure Fuji out, I love the track, but feel like I never take the last few corners the same way twice!
I tried (unsuccessfully :irked:) to find a video on YouTube I watched once (a few times actually ;)) from Best Motoring International at Fuji. The did a video about the changes to the layout made for Formula 1 and had some good on-board reference laps as well as a battle between them in NSXs :D. In the last section each driver had different lines and approaches to the corners, it was really interesting :).
If you can find it, give it a watch (If I find it I'll post the link 👍).

Fuji, Brands Hatch, Willow Springs, Lake Maggie

Anyone saying any of the St. Croix variants should have their console taken off them

I’m so glad I’m not the only one with Interlagos. I got gold on CE without too much trouble and feel like I know it but I just go backwards in the race. Barcelona and Suzuka as well.

Brands Hatch nerves me out with how narrow it is! I can’t believe anyone can race there in real cars.

It took for-freaking-ever to go gold on La Sarthe! Just such a long lap to put together.

This makes me admire the drivers who master these circuits even more.

As for the made-up tracks, I will rarely race at Seaside and never in reverse.

Are there any tracks left now?

Le Mans... that last complex before the finish line always confuses me for some reason. I feel like i'm following these long railed in straights and then I enter this weird open area of sand and tarmac where my spatial awareness goes completely into the toilet. I pulled a 20 second penalty there once because I shot through an entire esse section. I can't explain the warlock like evil that that course performs on my brains.

For starters, any track with the word "Willow" in it. Particularly the one with "Thief" in it..... who on earth would design that for a race????
It's much better in the other direction. It's not a race track, as such. More of a handling course.
I wish they would have included the reverse layout with the chicane.

I hate Streets of Willow, but that's only because I don't know it very well.

I cant believe people are that hung up over St. Croix.

In every format, I think the layout is pretty clear and the corners are pretty self-evident and there's hardly any 'gotcha' sections.

The track is fairly easy if I can kill it 1st time in the W08 events.

The 10km variants are my "go to" tracks to knock out the daily wheel.

4 laps = 42km

Its a nice enjoyable drive. Its also helps that they track is fairly pictureseque.

I mean hell will blow over before I willingly custom race Willow Springs.

I even look forward to the layouts in leagues.

KYOTO DRIVING PARK - YAMAGIWA II
Last time I raced it - which was ages ago, I practiced all week, and was still finishing a distant last in almost every race I entered.

I have certainly improved a lot in the game since then, but even if this track appears on the daily race, I don't think I could bring myself to race it. Same goes for all the variants of this track.

I hate Streets of Willow, but that's only because I don't know it very well.

That's probably true of all tracks. I won't get to know Willow very well because I am on it only when I have to be to progress the game.... got bronzes where applicable and that's it, no desire to improve on that!

There are loads of tracks I used to really dislike, but the more you get to know them, the better they become. For example, I didn't used to like Maggiore but now it's one of my favourites. I bet a lot of people didn't like Nurburgring Nordschleife at first and now it's the favourite track of many!

For starters, any track with the word "Willow" in it. Particularly the one with "Thief" in it..... who on earth would design that for a race????

The smaller Willows tracks (not Big Willow) are extremely fun courses to run in the right car/tire combo. I think I was running laps there in a rally car with Sport Soft tires, the car turned great with those tires and you never lose the back end because of 4wd. It's kinda like Tskuba (my favorite track) you can get into a great rhythm there but I would imagine it requires a wheel instead of a DS4. That would be kind of an interesting thread, asking which tracks you like/dislike and if you're using a wheel or DS4, I bet a lot depends on your game input choice.

Fuji. I just cannot get to grips with some of those turns.

Yeah, a lot of people seem to have trouble with long sweeping drastically cambered turns. The only way I approach that track is by focusing on car placement on the exit. Speed through the sweeping turn doesn't seem to be as big of a deal as being in the right track position on every exit. After that, all sweeping turns are just feathering the throttle and brake to guide the car to the exit point.

I cant believe people are that hung up over St. Croix.

I mean hell will blow over before I willingly custom race Willow Springs.

I actually love Willow Springs. I have a solid line up and down the Budweiser hill which seems to be an area that screws a lot of people up.

I feel that if you can gold every track (including the Nürburgring!) you're an Alien! :lol:

I have gold on all my CE tracks but on some like the Green Hell it took several attempts but I am certainly no alien. I must have tried Nurb at least 20 times before I finally got gold, often coming up less than 1 second short. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I’ve gone hold on all tracks but I am deffo no alien, just stubborn and determined. It can take awhile for sure. I would say the aliens are the ones who can go gold within 1-3 attempts...?

I have gold on all my CE tracks but on some like the Green Hell it took several attempts but I am certainly no alien. I must have tried Nurb at least 20 times before I finally got gold, often coming up less than 1 second short. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

You both have my admiration and respect. And I still think you're Aliens! :cheers:

Fugi and Interlagos, just struggle with being consistently fast, especially if tyre wear is on. I go backwards in races there, interlagos for me is the really slow corners 3/4 way round of the lap.

Ambivalent on monza, ok on most of the others, not.super keen on ovals but that is a practice thing.

Love suzuka(especially in high df cars) , brands, kyoto, where my wins come more easily! Kyoto in gp 3 or 4 for me is a great dr builder.

I don't particularly have any nemesis tracks, just some I don't get on very well with. Suzuka is the track that took me the most attempts to get gold on the Circuit Experience and any of the faster class races. But I really like driving Suzuka.

I don't have much time for Big Willow. I haven't had any problems with it in GT Sport but it stems from being forced to race on it in previous versions as @TonyJZX mentioned too. It was ranked as my favourite track on GT6 for a while because it took me that many attempts to win some races there. Made me cringe every time I saw that!:lol:

But I generally like all of the rest of them.

Definitely MONZA!
I wonder why that track was not mentioned before!?

1. Chicanes are just a pain to get right and no matter how careful I approach, I get SR- from guys diving in.
2. The Lesmos are just brutal, absolutely no room for error. Once you get it wrong here or get bumped a little, it is over.
3. Ascari is just a mix of 1 and 2

The day Monza was Daily Race for the first time, my rating just dropped to zero.
Suzuka does not give me any problems, strangely enough. I guess there are no spots for divers...

Definitely MONZA!
2. The Lesmos are just brutal, absolutely no room for error. Once you get it wrong here or get bumped a little, it is over.

So true! The time you gain getting it just right is inversely proportional to how much time you lose with the slightest mess up. Never mind the scrum that occurs with drivers of different skills, ambitions, or braking and throttle levels.

Back