New combos in the Daily Cup @ Daytona 550PP - S3 @xx:03/xx.23/xx:43

Wich car do you prefer for the new event?

• 1 TVR Speed6

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 2 Lotus Elise 111R

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • 3 Ferrari 512BB

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • 4 BMW Z4

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • 5 Leave it @ RX7 Mazda Monday

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 6 Don't like any of the above

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portugal
Porto
Burnout_PT

Daily Cup

Default event limitations +
S3 Tires

Schedule xx:03 xx:23 xx:43 (usually starting 21.03 GMT):

Sunday: Mustang V8 GT @ Daytona 550PP S3 (tune)
Monday: Jaguar XK @ Daytona 550PP S3 (tune)
Tuesday: TVR Tuscan Speed 6 @ Daytona 550PP S3 (tune)
Wednesday: Aston Martin DB9 @ Daytona 550PP S3 (tune)
Thursday: Honda NSX @ Daytona 550PP S3 (tune almost done)
Friday: Ferrari 512BB @ Daytona 550PP S3 (tune)
Saturday: TBD Lotus Elise, Lexus IS-F or BMW 135i @ Fuji 650PP S3

daytonaroadjz8.gif

Standard GTP OLR Rules apply.

Notes:
- Please post your car/combo preferences for the next days.

Thanks to:

AutoAki for recording our performances. Videos here
AMG. (GTP_AMG) for all track images which can be found here.
All tuners that provide the setups to make it easier for us to jump right in and race.
mr_Volcano for not letting this tradition die and keeping an event thread up, even without a computer.
And last but not least, all of you who join in and make this CUP a great clean and fun race/meeting 👍👍👍👍👍​

Last edited:

If anyone has a setup, tell me and I'll add the link here 👍

Older setups for 550Suz

TVR Tuscan Speed6
- mr_Volcano's tune
- Garage TZT
- BurnOut's insane

BMW Z4 3.0i
- The Lion's Den (not a S3/S3 tire tune, please adapt it to your liking)

Lotus Elise 111R
- JvM's tune

Mazda RX7
- Dutch Customs
- Blitz Hendrix Tuning
- Garage TZT (not a S3/S3 tire tune, just for reference)

Ferrari 512BB
BurnOut's insane tune
RussRobit's tune

Mustang
- The Lion's Den
- Old Fart Racing (not a S3/S3 tire tune, just for reference)
- BurnOut's Tune (based on TLD's above)

Last edited:
I voted Lotus elise 111r. I think it would provide close racing because of the lotus' fantastic handling.

Can everybody who feels the need to vote, leave a message in here as well? I already count 9 votes, but 2 replies. Your vote adds nothing if you don't plan on participating in this cup... Thank you 👍

My vote goes to the TVR. Tailhappy and blessed with a great sound :cool:

I have voted the Ferrari 👍 but I also wouldn't mind driving the BMW. These two cars I haven't drivin yet in GT5:P.

I gave my vote to F512.. love the sound, and the Old School feel when driving it.

I do like all of those cars, and I would love to drive every of them in separate weeks. ...that order which they are in poll, would be great new Monday-Event too.

I gave my vote to F512.. love the sound, and the Old School feel when driving it.

I do like all of those cars, and I would love to drive every of them in separate weeks. ...that order which they are in poll, would be great new Monday-Event too.

I'm thinking 2 weeks a car, rotating by most voted order.

Example:
Jan 19 Jan 26 - BB512
Feb 2 Feb 9 - TVR
Feb 16 Feb 23 - Z4

If/when the events change, we will adapt the thread to it or make a new one, always respecting our preferences: a) Suzuka b) RWD c) S Tires

Voted for the RX7, because it's challenging to drive and had some good races in it.
But it doesn't really matter to me which car gets chosen, they're all nice to drive.

I'm thinking 2 weeks a car, rotating by most voted order.

Example:
Jan 19 Jan 26 - BB512
Feb 2 Feb 9 - TVR
Feb 16 Feb 23 - Z4

If/when the events change, we will adapt the thread to it or make a new one, always respecting our preferences: a) Suzuka b) RWD c) S Tires

Yeah, that sounds great!

...by the way, even that Suzuka is great track... Fuji gives closer racing because it's so wide, and have few optional racing-lines in many places. If it comes possible in next events-update, we should really consider it too.

Yeah, that sounds great!

...by the way, even that Suzuka is great track... Fuji gives closer racing because it's so wide, and have few optional racing-lines in many places. If it comes possible in next events-update, we should really consider it too.

I agree, first mazda monday on fuji was great, many places too overtake..

l voted TVR because there's not many event's where people driver it

Yes, it needs a specific event. It's not as effective (lap times) but it's awesome to drive! Quite fun.

I agree, first mazda monday on fuji was great, many places too overtake..

That's another way to go. Although I dislike long straights (except in the nurburgring, it allows you to breathe).

Why does this replace the RX7, surely we could have 3 - 4 different events a week instead of just one.

Your free too organize a event, I was not the right guy too do this. Burnout has bin nice and help me keep RWD event alive 👍 I would be happy to see more weekly events :)

Why does this replace the RX7, surely we could have 3 - 4 different events a week instead of just one.

Well, 29 people voted. From those, we are lucky if we get a average of 6 GTP every monday from 9PM do Midnight.

So we try to vary (so people don't get bored with it), and concentrate in one maybe two days a week (so there's enough of us to make interesting).

But, again, everyone is free to setup different custom events. Just make a new thread. You may even be more successful in it than we are 👍

NOTE: I'll be posting my tune for the Tuscan Speed 6 within minutes. It's a killer! In the good sense :sly:

I voted for Ferrari, it's just a beautiful car, I'd like to see a bunch of them on the track :)

But all cars on the poll are fine with me, good selection.
Besides, I also prefer Fuji, it's wider and more forgiving, hope we get back there next time.

It's GMT.
Be aware that the current pro events are region locked, and most (if not all) of the people participating in this custom event are from the PAL region or have a PAL version of the game.

I voted for the Ferrari 512BB. Did you know it holds one of the rare non-V shaped engines that the manufacurer ever produced? Perhaps a wink to Porsche that back then and to date sticks to boxer-designed engine blocks.

Back