New combos in the Daily Cup @ Daytona 550PP - S3 @xx:03/xx.23/xx:43

Wich car do you prefer for the new event?

• 1 TVR Speed6

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 2 Lotus Elise 111R

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • 3 Ferrari 512BB

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • 4 BMW Z4

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • 5 Leave it @ RX7 Mazda Monday

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 6 Don't like any of the above

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for the Ferrari 512BB. Did you know it holds one of the rare non-V shaped engines that the manufacurer ever produced? Perhaps a wink to Porsche that back then and to date sticks to boxer-designed engine blocks.

Yup, only 2 different models had 12 cylinder boxer, flat or H type engines, the rest are all V type engines from 6 to 12 cylinders.

First was the BB. Which stands for Berlinetta Boxer and 3 versions were made:
365 BB
(365 being the one cylinder capacity, the way their cars were named until then, and adds to about 4.4 liter)
512 BB / 512i BB
(5 for 5 liter, and 12 for the number of cylinders, the new way the cars were named from then on, and i for the fuel injection model)

Then they carried the 512 flat 12 engine to a new model, the 512TR. TR from TestaRossa, the name it became know by, and that comes from the fact that the engine head(s) were painted red. Then they made a new version an dropped the TR, replacing it by an M for Modificata. Lost the charm in my opinion, and deserved not to be called Testarossa anymore.

I'm a fan of boxer engines... the first engine Mr Benz made was a flat 2cyl I believe. Then you have the well known Subarus, these Ferraris, and the Alfa-Romeus 33, Sprint, AlfaSud...

Also well known but less, hum... performant were the Citroen 2CV (and Dyane, Ami, Mehari) and the world famous Beetle.

Maybe there are some more I don't know or remember now.

But Porsche as you said, is the only manufacturer to keep to the original format since the 356 to the latest 911 (my favorite of all cars) the Cayman and the Boxster. They keep it alive with new improvements all the time. Started as air-cooled 2 valve per cyl RR engines on RWD, and we now have 4 valve, water cooling, turbos, direct fuel injection, dual clutch gearbox, on RWD and 4WD.

Subaru also keeps it alive, and on the bikes Honda (Goldwing still is, I think) and BMW also carry on with that format.

And boy do I love to hear a boxer engine roar :) Almost makes me want to change my vote from the TVR!

Last edited:
^ Yeah boxers sounds really nice. :)

Seems to be tight between 512, Speed6, and Z4. For me, all very good options. And doesn't matter who wins, we'll drive the others later. :)

👍

13 hours to the end of the poll and the TVR is looking strong!

Well I kinda wish another car would win since I wont be able to join on Monday (or until Wednesday for that matter) for work reasons...

Another question, can we make this a 2 day a week event? And this way change the car every week.

What to you say, Mondays and Thursdays?

Voting finished, thread updated. See first post.

I wont be joining tomorrow (away from the PS3) but will be checking this thread at night. So please comment on what I'm missing and leave your suggestions or comments to the event.

Have a nice one tomorrow!

I'm looking forward to this tonight. I hope plenty turn up. Might not make it for the first few races. Anyone got a target time for a half decent lap?

Last edited:
I'm there tonight!

Great to have good reason to drive this car... I dont even know do I own it already. My racing-nature gives no chance to drive any other cars than best ones in online, so there is still many vehicles which I havent even test. I also dont buy cars which looks odd in my eyes, and if I remember right, this one is one of those. :lol:

See you guys...

After some warm-up laps with gear-ratios in front page... what a nice feeling car I would say! I'm very very surprised. 👍

Tried it and sorry guys not for me. The TVR is slow, boring and heavy (just my opinion) going back to the RWD event :00 :20 :40 :)

I can't do better than a 2:23.2!. Are there any top tips for being quick at Suzuka? (Apart from more talent!)

Last edited:
I can't do better than a 2:23.2!. Are there any top tips for being quick at Suzuka? (Apart from more talent!)

No worries... that's good enough in race. I just did one test-race and ended up to do 2'22.low times with no slipstream.

I had stock suspension settings and Burnouts gears.

Ride height: Max low

Toes: -0.28/-0.24
Cambers: 2.4/2.0

Brakes: 7/7

MTA:50

...very peaceful ride with my odd style.

Edit: Just tried much stiffer suspension and it definetly is better! Improved my PB a second easily.

Last edited:
My tune has been posted in my garage. Very capable of 2'19's and reversing your decision to abandon this car based on its stock driving behavior.

Tzayad... great gearbox! Sounds lazy, but I did my first 2'20.xxx with that, and easily without slipstream. It just dont sound fast, but it is... so strange. :confused:

Sorry to JvM and RPM in that race. Lost backend of car, and took you both out, going into first corner.

Latest Posts

Back