New combos in the Daily Cup @ Daytona 550PP - S3 @xx:03/xx.23/xx:43

Wich car do you prefer for the new event?

• 1 TVR Speed6

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 2 Lotus Elise 111R

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • 3 Ferrari 512BB

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • 4 BMW Z4

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • 5 Leave it @ RX7 Mazda Monday

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 6 Don't like any of the above

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At the moment I feel like a mobile chicane I'm so slow. Deperately need a new set up! Or perhaps just no good at Suzuka!

Sorry to JvM and RPM in that race. Lost backend of car, and took you both out, going into first corner.
LOL!

Was funny.

In that race, there was an incident at the start. I saw it all. One of the TVR's waited when they didn't need to!

Argh.. nice race mr_V. :) Sorry I did brake a little too late coming to the casio at 4th lap, leaving you no room.

Then again went out at first corner. :) :yuck:

Sorry for not tagging my tune in the first thread, here is a link.

AutoAki, I'm glad you like the gears. I actually labeled a piece of masking tape and stuck it on the TV as the x-axis of the power graph, so I could see precisely what RPM the power surges are at. The tune has a ton of turn-in potential, so be careful what you wish for.

FYI, for all that need to know, it is a four speed!

New PB of 2'19.530 - 100% clean air

Last edited:
Sooorry oldnail and spyrrari for the bumps. :(

Nice racing going on. 👍 Going to a brake, coming back a little later.

JvM

thats ok mate....

man,i am loosing sooo much time while changing gears...wish i would have bought the G25 instead of thr DFGT....:indiff:...

spyrrari.

JvM

No problem, I'm so slow at the moment it didn't make much difference. I wish I knew what the key is to going fast at Suzuka!

thats ok mate....

man,i am loosing sooo much time while changing gears...wish i would have bought the G25 instead of thr DFGT....:indiff:...

spyrrari.

Does the G25 really make that much difference? I seem to be competitive at other tracks and I notice Mr Volcano hasn't got a G25 and he seems pretty fast to me!

G25: half a second faster for me for now. Not even heel/toeing... As you progress and get smoother, you get faster. I believe a good G25 user can be 2 seconds faster than he was with the controller. There are some ALIENS amongst us (live Mr_V) that can be as fast as a G25 user... but it all depends on the user...

Tzayad, tuned linked in post2. Can't wait to try it! Sweet mid range grunt out of the corners, negative toe in the rear, low camber, must be a smooth, progressive power slider!

G25: half a second faster for me for now. Not even heel/toeing... As you progress and get smoother, you get faster. I believe a good G25 user can be 2 seconds faster than he was with the controller. There are some ALIENS amongst us (live Mr_V) that can be as fast as a G25 user... but it all depends on the user...

Tzayad, tuned linked in post2. Can't wait to try it! Sweet mid range grunt out of the corners, negative toe in the rear, low camber, must be a smooth, progressive power slider!

Thanks burnout, you can definitely power-slide the entire course if thats your perogative.

Does the G25 really make that much difference? I seem to be competitive at other tracks and I notice Mr Volcano hasn't got a G25 and he seems pretty fast to me!

no,not much but sometimes enough...

mate use the edit button to extend your posts...👍

spyrrari.

Im in @ 43, you better watch out I have ditcted the G25 and I am using the pad, so expect to see me oversteering all over the place. :crazy:

I've updated my tune with a turning angle of 50. It makes you grow more chest hair. It helps out immensely with the "oh my god" turn in, helping you correct it time and time again.

Got the car set up in the end (thanks mostly to Tzayad's tune) and managed to be up front with FAK in my last race who I should thank for giving me room at turn one on the last lap - you're a racer and a gentleman. :bowdown:

Good racing here tonight with all of you, cheers. :cool:

TZ upto his negative rear toe antics again :)

Glad he does. It takes "hair in the chest" (and other attributes) to do so 👍

Most people prefer a conservative understeer predictable stiff.

Edit: Glad you enjoyed it, hope to see you all next Thursday (remember, its twice a week now). Got to sleep now... have a meeting in 7h...

Cheers

Gears updated. 1st made longer for more grip leaving hairpin and Casio. 2nd made shorter for awesome esses and Degner 2. 4th made a tiny bit shorter for more meatiness, and 3rd made a bit longer so that you enter right into the power in 4th.

Not sure if it is truly faster, or just feels faster. Give it a shot. Special thanks to Vaxen, Grim_Reaper, JVM, and Matt (MJH) for great races, great feedback, and great gear advice!

Great initiative for creating the TVR race.👍

10 :eek: TVR's on the grid ,fantastic :)

I had great fun in the few races I competed and it is a pleasure to drive cars that are not so common.

Me and Calcifer12 are going to join at :43. ;)

Hoping to see some more people here again, good change again from the regular event. :)

Sorry that I could not make it tonight... we have 20 persons PES2009-tournament in saturday, so I needed to bring away my PS3 to local poolhall for that, and ofcourse test few match with few beers.

PES is one great game too! I was almost forgot how much feel you can have from it... and also how much I suck in it. :(

I'm with you again at monday with F512, if my console is still alive.

Back