new details just confirmed by Turn-10

• Thread starter omgitsbees
  • 367 comments
I wish I could play the version of Forza 4 that you guys are.

Although I guess most of the credits are to be had online, with rivals and such.

I rarely connect to Live as it is, and when I do, it's only to buy vinyl groups for liveries.

Back on subject, trying to get any amount of credits out of the career mode is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. Even with all the assists off and the opponent difficulty on professional, the game is incredibly tight-fisted.

You are right about acquiring in game credits Kake, and I for one hate grinding (had enough of it in GT5), so much so that I made it my business to fatten em up with token purchases. That may not be the case this time around, depends. I may be wrong, but I think I am seeing some flawed logic in their approach. A lot, for me, is going to hinge on how they build this game back up. I can see a poll coming; ready for more content could be it.

Back on subject, trying to get any amount of credits out of the career mode is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. Even with all the assists off and the opponent difficulty on professional, the game is incredibly tight-fisted.
Yeah, I spent a solid week racing and saving credits with the career to get a Shelby Cobra. Then later I spent a few hours in a cycled production lobby and made more than enough to buy another one.

From the way Dan described the career as being "more rewarding" even if you don't make first place, I'm feeling pretty confident than single player will pay out almost as well as online did in FM4. No way to be sure though, just a feeling I'm getting.

...I guess most of the credits are to be had online, with rivals and such.

I rarely connect to Live as it is, and when I do, it's only to buy vinyl groups for liveries.
Fair enough, I take advantage of Rivals rewards, but the manufacturer affinity level payouts have also ensured I'm never short on cash (as a longtime RPG player I'm compelled to build XP on all makes). I just always had way more money than I could spend in FM4/Horizon, especially with free upgrades. In Horizon I burned millions of credits intentionally just to keep Alice Hart off of my back, before they patched those stupid "you should buy a car!" messages out. Then the next day I'd get another $500,000 bonus for drifts/near-misses/tricks.

Double posting here as i posted this already in the other thread; but regarding FM4 mucho millions could be earned spending hours in the auction house and knowing the value of cars ;)

Fair enough, I take advantage of Rivals rewards, but the manufacturer affinity level payouts have also ensured I'm never short on cash (as a longtime RPG player I'm compelled to build XP on all makes). I just always had way more money than I could spend in FM4/Horizon, especially with free upgrades. In Horizon I burned millions of credits intentionally just to keep Alice Hart off of my back, before they patched those stupid "you should buy a car!" messages out. Then the next day I'd get another $500,000 bonus for drifts/near-misses/tricks.
Same here, except for horizon. In FM4 though, I actually had a bunch of money built up from just leveling up the manufactures & my driving rank. Oh yeah, I got some money from selling things on storefront & rivals mode.

I had a bit of an annoying time though in horizon earning money, I had to grind those street racing events a few times to save up money for the hypercars I wanted.

Back