New Drift Competition Ideas- Call your Cars Now!!!

• Thread starter Loon
  • 169 comments
Since there are several (usual) drift cars that have a couple different models, maybe we can limit so there isnt two of the same exact cars,

example - If someone has a S14 K's, someone else could use a S14 Q's

I don't even see the problem with more than one person using the same car... except if they're the same color, maybe ;)

Since there are several (usual) drift cars that have a couple different models, maybe we can limit so there isnt two of the same exact cars,

example - If someone has a S14 K's, someone else could use a S14 Q's

Nobody wants to use the Q.

Well we have like a week and a half before the comp starts, y'all debate about this topic of cars. If we y'all don't come to a dicision before the comp I'll just choose myself.

I personally don't see a problem with the cars. All of the really popular drift cars have 5 or so variants, usually, so I don't think limits are necessary. And if the limits are done incorrectly, it could prevent people from entering cars that usually aren't as popular for drifting (for example, 5 times out of 10 I enter the Buick GNX in drift competitions).

Road cars i cant really see being a problem with people picking the same, but im talking about the Tuner Cars such as (HKS Silvia and Blitz Skyline)

No D1 cars are allowed, thats the one limtitation....

And RWD production car, NO D1GP cars-NO HKS, BLITZ, or bp Falken 7.

So you don't have a problem with a few people using the S15 as long as a ton of people don't decide to use it.

How about this, 2 people allowed to one car. First 2 people to name the same car get it, no one else can have them. They must be different colors though.

If y'all like this idea go ahead and post what car you're planning on.

how about setups and parts? are there limitations on power, tires or weight? I just think we are gonna need limits...

I think the only limits we'll have is that the tires used must be N tires, no staggering. As far as limits on Hp and on how much tuning can be done to the cars there will be no limits for this first comp. Maybe in future GTPD1GP's we'll have stricter limits.

so N tires? really, not everyone likes to use n tires(mostly me liking the S1's)... maybe N/S tires. I call a silver Silvia s14 King's BTW
this is exciting :D
how about courses?
I think we should use every available course that D1/Formula D use.
Suzuka, Tsukuba,

so N tires? really, not everyone likes to use n tires(mostly me liking the S1's)... maybe N/S tires. I call a silver Silvia s14 King's BTW
this is exciting :D
how about courses?
I think we should use every available course that D1/Formula D use.
Suzuka, Tsukuba,

Yup, N's only, I think everyone will agree to that atleast.

I'm choosing the courses, don't worry, y'all will have plenty of time to check them out.

Tulok has one of the- Silver S14 K

Yeah, go ahead and start.

Nice shot BTW DriftKing, it looks overall a bit to blurry but the added smoke looks awesome.👍
Thanks! Its My GTPlanet.net Sponsored S15. :cool:
Without the Blurring to make it cleaner it was :scared:

If anyone else has a drift shot of their GTPD1GP car, i can edit it for you if you dont have PS.

Ok, so far cars go like this....

S15- Drift King in red
S14- Tulok in silver
UZZ40- Sammi
Supra MIV- Articzap and Geoff in Blue

Ok, I need 3 things.

1. What color is your supra Articzap?
2. Whats the U.S. name for a UZZ40?
3. Geoff could you please change your shot to a thumbnail.

sorry for the huuuuuuuuge picture :dunce: it should be ok now
if articzap wants the blue one , i don't mind much taking another color

Thanks for changing it.👍

Y'all just need different colors so we can tell who's who. Chance are his isn't blue. We got plenty a time to find out any way so don't worry.

A black 89 240sx(180sx) with White rims

or a Red 89 Rx7 with black rims(see gallery and look for red Comet)

A black 89 240sx(180sx) with White rims

or a Red 89 Rx7 with black rims(see gallery and look for red Comet)
The Rims (I think)wouldnt matter because they can change throughout the season.

Well, you know what? OMFG STEAM ROXORS THE B1G One!!11111 but anyways, I don't usually put any wing's on my cars unless it really really needs it. So I use Rims to distinguish between a stock car from a drift car.

Well, you know what? OMFG STEAM ROXORS THE B1G One!!11111 but anyways, I don't usually put any wing's on my cars unless it really really needs it. So I use Rims to distinguish between a stock car from a drift car.
I usually Guess if its a drift car, if i get to the track and it has aids, :grumpy: , then repeat.

I cant find my memory stick, so no pictures from me.:grumpy:
Its a Lexus SC430 and its the wierd white pearl colour.
Damn you Ske.:)

Oh ok, I didn't think anybody but me liked that car. I really didn't think anyone else was going to call it so I was going to wait but...

I call the other SC430, mines black.

New List

S15- Drift King in red
S14- Tulok in silver
SC430- Sammi in white, LOON in Black
Supra MIV- Articzap in white, Geoff in blue
89' 240- nk4e in black
RX-7 RS-R- Ske in yellow

Back