new drift video

• Thread starter rickjames
  • 31 comments
I don't know how to drift...But, that was an amazing job!

Can any tell me the basics to drifting? I really want to learn how!!!

Would my 350Z work?

i havnt tried it but the s15 was my worst drifting yet yet its easy to drift whats wrong with me look around the forums im not to good myself but keyword is practice

Music gave me a headache, too repetitive. Reminds me of a rave. 👎 If you use 2 different cars, use 2 different tracks, but DF is a favorite of mine. Your S13 looks too low, no travel in the suspension makes for a snap happy car. It seems like you're just waiting for the rear end to break loose. Power-over works, but you'll more than likely get better and more consistant results with brake drift combined with a feint...

Not bad. I wanted to bust out a glow stick and start poppin some pills when I heard the music, but overall, it wasn't too bad. 👍

RZKID
I don't know how to drift...But, that was an amazing job!

Can any tell me the basics to drifting? I really want to learn how!!!

Would my 350Z work?
here have a read.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36743
you can drift any car on any track. it just takes pratice.
have a look at that thread, but the notes are for gt3, so it might be best to ignore them.
also here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60806&highlight=drift+guide
and here too( this drift guide is for gt4, so its better suited than the first link)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57146&highlight=drift+guide

Rick, your vid is a little dark.
consider adjusting your capture card settings to lighten it up a bit, to make everything more visable.

It seems like your trying to hard at the wrong points of the corners....
i know this sounds tike ****ty advice, but just relax... even slow down a little until you have your own technique.
Then start to increase your speed

ill just start with "practice makes perfect :), on your s13 your really pushing camber angles there, theres really no need for so much camber except to have un even tyre wear (which doesn't occur in free run), but whatever suits you, your corner entry is quite late, and in some cases you exit early also, this can be solved With possibly getting more power overall, to me it seems to strugle to lose traction, and also i know its hard, but countersteer seems to be an issue, so keep practicing

And shouldn'd we all be having better critisism then "your music sucked :crazy: ", ignore the music, im sure rickjames just wants to hear about his drifing :dopey:

Edit: Your music was kinda bad though :sly:

ill check out your video tonight IF I EVER GET HOME GOD DAMN. i tell ya.. school from 4:30pm to 1:15 AM every day is really starting to kill me.. for those who suck at math thats about 9 hours! in the same damn room in the same damn seat! itd be a lot better if my ****ty computer could play videos but it doesnt. seems i got one of the only comps in the whole classroom (about 60 computers) that doesnt play vids =/ some luck huh?

skypoweredS13
ill check out your video tonight IF I EVER GET HOME GOD DAMN. i tell ya.. school from 4:30pm to 1:15 AM every day is really starting to kill me.. for those who suck at math thats about 9 hours! in the same damn room in the same damn seat! itd be a lot better if my ****ty computer could play videos but it doesnt. seems i got one of the only comps in the whole classroom (about 60 computers) that doesnt play vids =/ some luck huh?
Yeah, that sucks, but on the same note, its completely off topic :)

dropped with super camber! that's how i started. still do sometimes. i'd recommend trying closer to stock setups and then get whacky with the settings. keep em comming.

Hahaha, I go to clubs and raves all the time and I can tell you straight up, that techno SUCKED lol

That's my opinion of course. When the lady started talking I thought it was a different song, and I started to get a little excited, and then it went back to BOOM BOOM PUMP PUMP PUMP PUMP UP THE BASS BOOM BOOM.

Good stuff though, keep practicing, and keep posting vids 👍

A bad video is better than no video, as far as everyone knows I can't drift at all :crazy:

Suzuki and Rickjames,

Thanks alot! I got a picture of a turn I nailed really good! :)

It took along time but I got it done! :)

Attachments

• SilviaD1Drift.JPG
    SilviaD1Drift.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 16
Back