new drifter

  • Thread starter Thread starter whw
  • 20 comments
  • 2,835 views

whw

Messages
19
hi all gt drifters ,

i'm new to GT . i want to drift but i noob to settings . Any gt pro drifters can teach me how to setting ? yesterday i try drift with Blitz er34 with stock setting , the car spin 360 degree LOL
 
First, welcome to GTP.
Second, you don't need settings to drift. All RWD cars are driftable in stock form.
Third, start out with a lower hp car like a 350Z, NSX, BMW 135i, something with around 250-300 hp. Learn the techniques and car, then try for a little more power or play with the settings.
 
First, welcome to GTP.
Second, you don't need settings to drift. All RWD cars are driftable in stock form.
Third, start out with a lower hp car like a 350Z, NSX, BMW 135i, something with around 250-300 hp. Learn the techniques and car, then try for a little more power or play with the settings.

I see . Do i need do any setting example steering setting , abs off , traction control off or something like that?
 
whw
I see . Do i need do any setting example steering setting , abs off , traction control off or something like that?

Yeah, turn your settings to pro setting, turn TCS off and Stablity management off. That will help you a lot with drifting. It also helps if you have beaten the same all the way through S class. Once you have done that you can tune the car for what it needs. You need to change the gear ratios, tires...

Try those things first then see what you can do..If you are still have probs..just post here again.
 
Yes, all aids off on pro physics.
 
Yeah, turn your settings to pro setting, turn TCS off and Stablity management off. That will help you a lot with drifting. It also helps if you have beaten the same all the way through S class. Once you have done that you can tune the car for what it needs. You need to change the gear ratios, tires...

Try those things first then see what you can do..If you are still have probs..just post here again.

i see. Thanks.can you teach me complete setting guide ? because i'm totaly noob in settings.sorry.I need more informations like use which tyres for drift,steering set off/mild/strong or something like that.
 
I will tell you as much as I know, but beyond that I will say I am not a drift expert, but its one of my hobbies. I do know that you need R3 in the front tries on some courses and whatever tire in the rear depending on how much effort you want to put forth to loose traction. YOu want your steering trim set at 50 degrees. As much power as possible..(although not necessary all the time) YOu need to redo the gears so they are all quick and high end torque. I would suguest you buy yourself the EVO X tuned car. That car has a lot of control and is good for beginners. Also try to find some of those difting videos on Youtube.com, watch them and give youself a good idea of how to drift better. Practice makes perfect.

So just ask questions and I will answer to best of my knowledge.
 
It is best to use the same tires the same all around. Start out with N2's to get the feel for it. Mixing tires is a crutch while learning and it promotes bad habits. So try to stray away from mixing tires.
 
lol I do that so its easier to loose traction..So the guys that get those high scores use one tire? I also mix tires to get better traction in the front since that is the only part of the car that has control.
 
lol I do that so its easier to loose traction..So the guys that get those high scores use one tire? I also mix tires to get better traction in the front since that is the only part of the car that has control.

I don't know what the guys who get "high scores" use, nor does it really matter to me. And you are wrong, both ends of the car have control. You don't just hold the gas down 100% around every corner do you? No because if you did you would spin out.
 
I suppose you would be right. Like I said, I am not a drifting expert, therefore means I can still learn a few things about the art of drifting.
 
I will tell you as much as I know, but beyond that I will say I am not a drift expert, but its one of my hobbies. I do know that you need R3 in the front tries on some courses and whatever tire in the rear depending on how much effort you want to put forth to loose traction. YOu want your steering trim set at 50 degrees. As much power as possible..(although not necessary all the time) YOu need to redo the gears so they are all quick and high end torque. I would suguest you buy yourself the EVO X tuned car. That car has a lot of control and is good for beginners. Also try to find some of those difting videos on Youtube.com, watch them and give youself a good idea of how to drift better. Practice makes perfect.

So just ask questions and I will answer to best of my knowledge.


i see.ok .thanks alot
 
welcome.. :) and hope you get the hang of drifting.. its fun once you learn what you are doing
 
what is the best track to learn drift?recommended beginner car to drift?so far i tested,only can power over drift and feint drift.can't do brake drift at all
 
i learned alot on the london drift trial section.. now finally getting out to other sections
 
why every drift trial so short?how can i drift whole track?i using rx7.can say i can handle the drift already.someone please teach me how to tune in quick tune.standard setting for drift
 
Um, Suzuka East is fun cuz of it's wide roads, good practice. I just do the...Eiger...Norwairnd (spelling) for full course =\

Also, recommend RX-8, very easy to control.
 
now i using cappucino tuned.now i can drift with stock already but angle not nice.only can power over drift.i need settings to drift crazy angle and do other drift skills.someone please help me with setting
 
I remember someone saying something about something called practice? I dunno, they musta been crazy.
 
I remember someone saying something about something called practice? I dunno, they musta been crazy.

practice?? never heard of that.
 
I think it's a type of food.
 
Back