NEW EXPLOIT - Tyre "healing" without stopping

Video is coming in a few minutes (if my ISP hurries up a bit with uploading, come on....).

Main point: It also didn't work in the outlap after changing tyres in a pit stop.

One of my most nerve wrecking races btw, the field was so spread out on the short Brands Hatch circuit, I can barely handle the Gr. 1 cars, was doing this with the controller, having a hard time doing the donuts and constantly looking out to not screw with anyone's race with the field so spread out, so I wasn't always successful despite trying my best. Also I couldn't really "wear" the tyres a lot, but the red bar should be visible.

So please focus on the tyres then and not on all the crazy stuff I am doing there....

Also sorry to the race participants who I might have interfered with or at least distracted and also sorry for killing the 50m marker at the left after the hairpin...

So here is the video:

Thank you for your sacrifice:)

Did they fix the excessive penalty disappearing bug as well, more than a minute 30 penalties seemed to simply reset? Or was that only against the AI.

Eh? That's ridiculous.
Care to explain?

I'd rather they now spend time on producing new content tbh
hmmmm this isnt encouraging... so people can pit for fuel, then just do the tyre glitch on their out lap?
The people doing the coding aren't the people doing the modelling. I'm sure they're jobs progressed just fine the last week or two while they sorted this out.

Care to explain?

"Johnnypenso:
If you think about it, allowing player DR to go backwards in the algorithm makes no logical sense either. Since when is it possible for a driver's skill to erode over a short period of time in a video game? It would make much more sense for your driver rating to move up until you plateau and then only go down slightly here and there to allow for a potential small erosion of skills. Allowing it to fall only leaves it open to being gamed, and that's exactly what happens when people sandbag their DR."

Well, your suggestion is that the DR system should be like a one-way valve... which makes no sense. You are allowing someone to be immune from dropping in skill. Force their way to a couple of dirty wins, then cruise around at the back of the pack to up their SR. You will eventually end up with everyone in AS or SS, as they can't drop down.

Edit: the way it is now, you have to be mindful of both SR and DR whilst racing... your way would mean you could focus on one then the other

You will eventually end up with everyone in AS or SS, as they can't drop down.

I agree, DR and SR should always be fluctuating according to your performance so it doesn’t become inflated. I think Johnny wants DR/SR to be like driver level, that never drops and always goes up.

I presume he means lap 0 too, in which case there is 0 benefit.

What use is changing tyres on lap 1?

Edit: I guess end of lap 1 gives you 1 more lap...
You are correct but if it's the daily race of 2 laps on the nurburgring 24 it has a bit more of an effect than on any other circuit.

I wrote some code for ATM's back in the 80's. Stuff like this would get you the sack.

You are correct but if it's the daily race of 2 laps on the nurburgring 24 it has a bit more of an effect than on any other circuit.

ANY out-lap. Not just lap 0.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tested in private lobby last night after server came back up, tires did regenerate. Perhaps the update wasn't completely ready on the server side?

I wrote some code for ATM's back in the 80's. Stuff like this would get you the sack.

Nearly all of these recent issues have been game logic 101 bugs. I love playing the game, but it sure feels like I'm playing a pre-production beta the passed few months.

"Johnnypenso:
If you think about it, allowing player DR to go backwards in the algorithm makes no logical sense either. Since when is it possible for a driver's skill to erode over a short period of time in a video game? It would make much more sense for your driver rating to move up until you plateau and then only go down slightly here and there to allow for a potential small erosion of skills. Allowing it to fall only leaves it open to being gamed, and that's exactly what happens when people sandbag their DR."

Well, your suggestion is that the DR system should be like a one-way valve... which makes no sense. You are allowing someone to be immune from dropping in skill. Force their way to a couple of dirty wins, then cruise around at the back of the pack to up their SR. You will eventually end up with everyone in AS or SS, as they can't drop down.

Edit: the way it is now, you have to be mindful of both SR and DR whilst racing... your way would mean you could focus on one then the other
You clearly didn't read what I wrote as I said it should be allowed to go down slightly and slowly due to an erosion of skills but yes, it should be mostly a one way valve. Your skill level doesn't change from race to race or day to day other than by a slight amount and almost always in the upwards direction . Just because you have a couple of bad results or off days, that doesn't mean you suddenly have less skill, it means you had a couple of bad days. Your true skill level might be 8/10 and mine might be 4/10 as an example, and it makes no sense to create a game algorithm that allows you to tank your rating back to 4/10 and race against, and likely trounce, me. I don't see how that improves or adds to gameplay or replay value in the least. That in no way affects your ability to cruise around at the back of the field and gain SR points, but cruising around at the back of the field shouldn't recognize you in the game as a suddenly less skilled driver.

You won't end up with every in AS or SS or any other single group. People would naturally, over time, graduate to their true skill level and be competing against people who are about the same speed as them, sorted in lobbies by safety rating. If your safety rating tanks you can still fix it but when you return to trying to be fully competitive, you won't be doing so against lesser skilled drivers.

I agree, DR and SR should always be fluctuating according to your performance so it doesn’t become inflated. I think Johnny wants DR/SR to be like driver level, that never drops and always goes up.

To keep people from sandbagging and intentionally dropping their ratings for the purpose of completing accomplishments or gaining trophies against much lesser opponents make it to where no advancement on those challenges would be registered when the results were gained at at a lower level than the maximum level that had been gained by the player within the game.

If you reached a DR A ranking then any further advancement towards a challenge or trophy would have to be from the DR A level or higher, if you tanked your DR level to say DR D any race wins, fastest laps, poles and so forth while at that lower level would not count towards fulfilling the requirements for the trophy or achievement.

Would put a stop to the intentional tanking of rankings and players stealing wins from racers who are a much lower skill level than themselves to make it easier to complete the games challenges.

If your skill level dropped your ranking could still then drop just not reward you for the decrease in skill level.

You clearly didn't read what I wrote as I said it should be allowed to go down slightly and slowly due to an erosion of skills but yes, it should be mostly a one way valve. Your skill level doesn't change from race to race or day to day other than by a slight amount and almost always in the upwards direction . Just because you have a couple of bad results or off days, that doesn't mean you suddenly have less skill, it means you had a couple of bad days. Your true skill level might be 8/10 and mine might be 4/10 as an example, and it makes no sense to create a game algorithm that allows you to tank your rating back to 4/10 and race against, and likely trounce, me. I don't see how that improves or adds to gameplay or replay value in the least. That in no way affects your ability to cruise around at the back of the field and gain SR points, but cruising around at the back of the field shouldn't recognize you in the game as a suddenly less skilled driver.

You won't end up with every in AS or SS or any other single group. People would naturally, over time, graduate to their true skill level and be competing against people who are about the same speed as them, sorted in lobbies by safety rating. If your safety rating tanks you can still fix it but when you return to trying to be fully competitive, you won't be doing so against lesser skilled drivers.

It doesn't drop instantly though. Someone in DR/S has to have at least 50000 DR points, A is 30000 points so to even drop one level they would need to lose 20000. Considering that the going rate is approx. 80pts per person you beat or lose to, even doing the Race C with a grid of 20, "losing" this race would get you approx. -1500pts. So you would have to do that about 15 times to drop one level. Presumably the game sees a race as a "day" in which case 15 consecutive losses does mean that as a driver your skill has deteriorated.

The other issue is that DR points are essentially traded within each race, so if people reached a floor that they could not drop below, others would not have any points to win.

It doesn't drop instantly though. Someone in DR/S has to have at least 50000 DR points, A is 30000 points so to even drop one level they would need to lose 20000. Considering that the going rate is approx. 80pts per person you beat or lose to, even doing the Race C with a grid of 20, "losing" this race would get you approx. -1500pts. So you would have to do that about 15 times to drop one level. Presumably the game sees a race as a "day" in which case 15 consecutive losses does mean that as a driver your skill has deteriorated.

The other issue is that DR points are essentially traded within each race, so if people reached a floor that they could not drop below, others would not have any points to win.
The "issue" can easily be fixed by changing the alogrithm. It's not hard. So if I understand you correctly, you're ok with the game allowing you the option to cheat your true driver rating and drop down and race against drivers of much lower skill who are making an honest effort?

To keep people from sandbagging and intentionally dropping their ratings for the purpose of completing accomplishments or gaining trophies against much lesser opponents make it to where no advancement on those challenges would be registered when the results were gained at at a lower level than the maximum level that had been gained by the player within the game.

If you reached a DR A ranking then any further advancement towards a challenge or trophy would have to be from the DR A level or higher, if you tanked your DR level to say DR D any race wins, fastest laps, poles and so forth while at that lower level would not count towards fulfilling the requirements for the trophy or achievement.

Would put a stop to the intentional tanking of rankings and players stealing wins from racers who are a much lower skill level than themselves to make it easier to complete the games challenges.

If your skill level dropped your ranking could still then drop just not reward you for the decrease in skill level.

I can see that being a good addition to the game, and it would totally make sense. To each their own though, whatever is important to you. Not like trophies matter to everyone, they certainly don’t matter at all to me but for those who do, I think they should have the freedom to do that. It’s like an F1 driver participating in a lemons race, yeah they get easier wins but honestly it doesn’t matter that much, the point spread is so thin that it hardly makes a difference.

In my opinion, the tanking for trophies has minimal negative effects

I can see that being a good addition to the game, and it would totally make sense. To each their own though, whatever is important to you. Not like trophies matter to everyone, they certainly don’t matter at all to me but for those who do, I think they should have the freedom to do that. It’s like an F1 driver participating in a lemons race, yeah they get easier wins but honestly it doesn’t matter that much, the point spread is so thin that it hardly makes a difference.

So what about the DR:C/D/E guy who is going balls to the wall and gets snotted by someone who should be SR:A? Just because Mr SR:A can't win and get his/her trophy? Diddums.

Where is the logic in people wanting to win a trophy when the people you beat to get it are nowhere near the same skill level?

I wish people would just play the game... like a racing game..... period.

"Whatever is important to you", isn't exactly a good foundation for designing an algorithm or for fair and competitive gameplay. The general idea behind Sport Mode is to attract people to online racing through the opportunity to compete against drivers who are similar to you in speed and safety. Without that assurance the system falls apart.

The may disagree to it not having a negative effect on their race. :cheers:

I said minimal negative, I know the negative effect exists but really it’s not that big of a deal.

I wish people would just play the game... like a racing game..... period.
I agree with you that it’s bs and something should be done about this but I’m just saying it’s really not a big deal if nothing is done. The tankers will get their useless trophies and move on, and eventually the ones who are doing well will get bumped up to the next tier of DR anyway and continue struggling to win.

The general idea behind Sport Mode is to attract people to online racing through the opportunity to compete against drivers who are similar to you in speed and safety. Without that assurance the system falls apart.
I wasn’t saying the algorithm should be changed to whatever is important, I agreed with VFOUR that IF something were to be implemented, his ideas would work really well. What I was saying was for current rules, it’s not that big of a deal. People have different priorities, however that affects other people is just the nature of the beast. I personally do not participate in races i can’t keep pace with to maintain my DR, some don’t care about DR, some want to gold all the missions and driving school, I am 41% done and mostly bronze, I just don’t care about that. Down at the DR:C all the way to DR:S you’ll have those few who just pull away, it happens at all levels, just how it is. Continue to do your best and hope for key mistakes in your favor.

Back