NEW EXPLOIT - Tyre "healing" without stopping

I dont think thats true. It all depends on the SOF how much points you gain or lose. Ive won races that grant me 700-800 DR against good fields while only winning 200 DR on the same race against lower fields later on the night.

It's true, but only for a closely matched field. At the extremes, a DR S beating a DR C or D takes a single point from the C or D, or a DR S who quits a race with Cs or Ds in it loses 159 (probably) to each one. Still, for a general approximate calc, most people can simplify it to +/- 80, most of the time :)

It's true, but only for a closely matched field. At the extremes, a DR S beating a DR C or D takes a single point from the C or D, or a DR S who quits a race with Cs or Ds in it loses 159 (probably) to each one. Still, for a general approximate calc, most people can simplify it to +/- 80, most of the time :)

I think we covered this the other day.......

But as a DR S you almost never get closely matched fields. Best ive seen in a Daily yet is half S half A. So i almost never get 80 points per driver beat. Closer to 40-50 per driver for me in a good match. But like i said it all depends on the strength of field.

I dont think thats true. It all depends on the SOF how much points you gain or lose. Ive won races that grant me 700-800 DR against good fields while only winning 200 DR on the same race against lower fields later on the night.

I’ve done races at odd times of the day where I would win against much lower DR (assuming not many were online at the time) and still lost like 40 points haha

But as a DR S you almost never get closely matched fields. Best ive seen in a Daily yet is half S half A. So i almost never get 80 points per driver beat. Closer to 40-50 per driver for me in a good match. But like i said it all depends on the strength of field.

I know exactly how the scoring works in detail, but, "most people" - 99% - aren't DR S or even DR A :)

What do you mean ? You know the exact algorithm ?

Yes. I'll get round to starting a thread about it at some point.

For each pair of players it calculates the point gain for the winner of the pair as (DRloser - DRwinner) / 500 + 80, rounded down to the nearest integer. The loser of the pair will lose the same number of points. The final DR change for a player is the sum of their gains/losses against each other player.

It's possible that there's a limit (of -40000?) placed on the DR difference (DRloser - DRwinner) to ensure that the winner of the pair doesn't lose points, but I haven't seen an example of such a big difference yet. edit: there is, of -39500, see post #204 for revised spreadsheet.

38969_m.jpg

J/K :lol:

Look forward to the thread 👍

Yes. I'll get round to starting a thread about it at some point.

@Outspacer is this correct? Example: to simplyfy a race with 4 Players A-D

DR before the race:
Player A = 25.000
Player B = 24.000
Player C = 23.000
Player D = 22.000

Position Result of the race:
P1 = Player C
P2 = Player A
P3 = Player B
P4 = Player D

Calculation of DR after race:
Formula according to @Outspacer: (DRloser - DRwinner) / 500 + 80

Calculation for Player A:
Pairing A and B = (DRB-DRA/500)+80= (24000-25000)/500+80=78, means A gets +78 and B gets -78 from here
Pairing A and C = (DRA-DRC/500)+80= (25000-23000)/500+80=84, means A gets -84 and C gets +84 from here
Pairing A and D = (DRD-DRA/500)+80= (22000-25000)/500+80=74, means A gets +74 and D gets -74 from here

Calculation for Player B:
Pairing B and A = look up
Pairing B and C = (DRB-DRC/500)+80= (24000-23000)/500+80=82, means B gets -82 and C gets +82 from here
Pairing B and D = (DRD-DRB/500)+80= (22000-24000)/500+80=76, means B gets +76 and D gets -76 from here

Calculation for Player C:
Pairing C and A = look up
Pairing C and B = look up
Pairing C and D = (DRD-DRC/500)+80= (22000-23000)/500+80=78, means C gets +78 and D gets -78 from here

Calculation for Player D:
Pairing D and A = look up
Pairing D and B = look up
Pairing D and C = look up

DR- Result:
Player A: 25.000 + 78- 84+ 74 = 25.068 = Gain of +68 in race
Player B: 24.000 + -78- 82+ 82 = 23.922 = Lose of -78 in race
Player C: 23.000 + 84+ 82+78 = 23.244 = Gain of +244 in race
Player D: 22.000 + -74- 76- 78 = 21.772 = Lose of -228 in race

That means, it DOES matter who you overtakes you/ finishes in front of you. If its a S-Driver, you won't lose so much points, but if a D-Driver is finishing before you, than you lose more points (if you are above D of course)

Thanks @Outspacer!

Last edited:
@Outspacer is this correct?

Your example is almost correct, except you've made a little mistake in Player B's result sum :)

Krypton78_example.png

That means, it DOES matter who you overtakes you/ finishes in front of you. If its a S-Driver, you won't lose so much points, but if a D-Driver is finishing before you, than you lose more points (if you are above D of course)

We could give player A 50000 DR and he then loses DR in this small example race, but in a larger field he might still gain DR from coming 2nd or 3rd. So of course rank matters to some extent, but in the usual case it just means the S walks away with less of a gain from a more mixed field than from a tighter one. For the rest of (a larger) field, estimating at +/-80 but ignoring the S can still work ok.

Krypton78_example2.png

This sounds plausibele. Good find, looking forward to the thread.

The method has been checked against 40 or so races so far, thanks to being able to search for player data on KudosPrime. There are various extra bells and whistles like gaining 1500 DR when you move up a DR level, but that's definitely the core algorithm. The thread will just be a collation of what Milouse and I have posted already.

Can you guys take this to a new thread, some of us want to know what’s happening with the bug.

Agree, it is an interesting topic and worth a separate thread and shouldn‘t be buried in here.

Will do, sorry for my part, just wanted to clear up how the DR system actually works since people had already spent 4 or so pages discussing supposedly 'better' methods. (TBH, I'd rather not have much of that in the new thread either....)

So what about the DR:C/D/E guy who is going balls to the wall and gets snotted by someone who should be SR:A? Just because Mr SR:A can't win and get his/her trophy? Diddums.

Where is the logic in people wanting to win a trophy when the people you beat to get it are nowhere near the same skill level?

I wish people would just play the game... like a racing game..... period.

In SRS you get mixed rooms anyway so blame the game for robbing you of your wins due to matchmaking? On Saturday I had one room with 2 x DR A 4, 2 x DR B (inc. me) and 8 DR D. The group of A and B's finished 16 seconds ahead of the Ds.

Edit: in another race within the same playing session I was matched with DR A and S...

The "issue" can easily be fixed by changing the alogrithm. It's not hard. So if I understand you correctly, you're ok with the game allowing you the option to cheat your true driver rating and drop down and race against drivers of much lower skill who are making an honest effort?

It's a hell of an investment to drop and also give up the hard work you have put in to get to high DR or SR rankings.

I've worked ridiculously hard to get up to 20000 DR and there is no way I would tank it and my SR rating.

What DR and SR are you out of interest?

Last edited:
In SRS you get mixed rooms anyway so blame the game for robbing you of your wins due to matchmaking? On Saturday I had one room with 2 x DR A 4, 2 x DR B (inc. me) and 8 DR D. The group of A and B's finished 16 seconds ahead of the Ds.

Edit: in another race within the same playing session I was matched with DR A and S...

I'm DR:A SR:S and would never tank my stats for wins. I race to race, not to win. I know that sounds kind stupid but out of so many players, winners will be the minority, especially as the skill gap gets larger towards the top. Those last few tenths are the hardest to find.

I'll race for 1st, 8th or last. As long as it's close and clean I'm happy.

I don't know how I've managed to put my reply in with me quoting you? To early in the morning lol.

I don't know how I've managed to put my reply in with me quoting you? To early in the morning lol.
Just look for the [/quote] or place it where you would like it to be and delete what is left, then post your response.

On Saturday I had one room with 2 x DR A 4, 2 x DR B (inc. me) and 8 DR D. The group of A and B's finished 16 seconds ahead of the Ds.

Did you have a "red" SR race before you were matched to 2xB and 8xD drivers?
I have experienced numerous times in the A race that I will be matched to different players as soon as my SR drops below 90 (despite it still being "S").
Also happened yesterday. Initially I had an SR < 90 and I was racing (as A) in rooms with lots of B/C/D drivers. As soon as my SR was over 90 I got into different rooms with more A and B drivers (and I guess those also having SR >= 90). And then after one unfortunate and unintentional (but quite heavy) dive bomb I had made (due to missing the braking point quite substantially..) I dropped 10 SR again from 97 to 87 and then was matched to other rooms again for three races, as I had 87 in first one, then dropped one more to 86, then 89, then 91. As soon as I had 91 I was again matched to the people I was matched before when I was over 90.

Did you have a "red" SR race before you were matched to 2xB and 8xD drivers?
I have experienced numerous times in the A race that I will be matched to different players as soon as my SR drops below 90 (despite it still being "S").
Also happened yesterday. Initially I had an SR < 90 and I was racing (as A) in rooms with lots of B/C/D drivers. As soon as my SR was over 90 I got into different rooms with more A and B drivers (and I guess those also having SR >= 90). And then after one unfortunate and unintentional (but quite heavy) dive bomb I had made (due to missing the braking point quite substantially..) I dropped 10 SR again from 97 to 87 and then was matched to other rooms again for three races, as I had 87 in first one, then dropped one more to 86, then 89, then 91. As soon as I had 91 I was again matched to the people I was matched before when I was over 90.

Nope, I was on my way up from SR B to SR S. Didn't have a single red race on Saturday. Most were blue except 1 or maybe 2 which were white. I started on 63 and finished the day on 99.

I think it is just a luck of the draw with matchmaking, but it clearly selects SR as a priority over DR.

As I said: I was matched down (i.e DR/D) as well as up (DR A and S)

I was away some days enjoying time off work. Coming back to see if there was any news in GTS. Scared the **** out of me there was this 24 pages thread about an exploit. Read everything.

Compliments to OP for finding and posting this. Compliments to PD for solving this issue so quickly because it is not so easy as some think. Probably still some coding to do but hope this will be fixed also. It works a lot better if not perfect so that is more important to me.

Enjoyed my first sport A and B races yesterday ! Driving in B S is like a dream for me.

Back