New Family Car

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 79 comments
  • 2,556 views
Are you kidding?

GMCs are identical in all ways except badging to Chevrolet trucks. The only reason GMC light trucks even exist is so that Pontiac/Olds/Buick/Caddy dealerships could sell trucks without a Chevy franchise.
Hey, tell that YSSMAN. Last I heard, he told me GM doesn't share all the chassis & engines between all their products/clones of each other.
You also listed my point. Why criticize Toyota for doing this on a Camry chassis when his beloved GM does the exact same thing? At least this turned into a SUV.
 
I love that rs300, the color suits it very well.My grandma has a 2000 Lexus rs300 and its a great suv. The steering is very light and the interior is quiet. Also I noticed it is very reliable because it has never had any problems.
 
The other options were the RDX (181in)***screeching halt

The RDX? And they didn't get it? Wow, they really want to waste their life away in that Lexus don't they? The RDX is quite brilliant in itself...and looks a billion times better than the Lexus. Oh well, its all a moot point--they have the car so there's no point in conjecture and arguements. :D

At least they didn't buy a Chrysler product...
 
Hey, tell that YSSMAN. Last I heard, he told me GM doesn't share all the chassis & engines between all their products/clones of each other.
You also listed my point. Why criticize Toyota for doing this on a Camry chassis when his beloved GM does the exact same thing? At least this turned into a SUV.

I don't recall denying that they share every damn thing between them, I believe your problem was that I wasn't mad enough about it. Quite frankly, I'd never buy a GMC because I get exactly the same thing for $7000 less down the street at the Chevrolet dealer... And thats part of the reason why GMC is supposed to be ditching BOF trucks, using the Zeta platform for everything else (rumored, that is).

Its all decidedly 'meh' for me. I make fun of Toyota because people scream about it when GM and Ford do it, and like I pointed out, Toyota does a better job of hiding it than they do.

*sigh*

I don't have a problem with it, I just want there to be a justifiable reason as to why I need to pay the difference between say the Saturn VUE, GMC Terrain, Saab 9-4X, and Cadillac BRX. Besides the fact its a Cadillac...
 
Last year:

snow-loader.jpg


The Toyota Camry that is being replaced by the RX330 was out of commission for three weeks because we could not get it out of our garage. It also got stuck twice. It was an SUV or nothing.

WTF? The Camry is just as capable as that pussy RX330 CREAM PUFF SUV. :rolleyes:

The RDX is actually a better car objectively. More stuff, more power, and we would've bought the RDX new so longer warranty (though of course we did get the Lexus certified used so we got a whale of a warranty through Lexus). However one drive and my parents decided it was "too sporty" for them. No joke. These are the kind of people you're dealing with. :D

That explains it right there. They want a cream puff. Well then they picked a fantastic cream puff to usher them into a long snooze for the life of the vehicle. :D
 
JCE
WTF? The Camry is just as capable as that pussy RX330 CREAM PUFF SUV. :rolleyes:
Uh, no. I don't think the Camry is even as capable as the old RX300. I remember taking my uncle's on a lot of off-road terrain. The fact that old thing could do it was more amazing.
 
Last year:

4subM_m.jpg


And some number of qualified AWD and other cars for snow driving.

Or since you live in Colorado, and I assume they sell two wheel drive cars there, I'd assume you guys have it pretty well figured out....
 
Uh, no. I don't think the Camry is even as capable as the old RX300. I remember taking my uncle's on a lot of off-road terrain. The fact that old thing could do it was more amazing.

I was more or less being sarcastic. :D
 
I'd rather have an Outback (LL Bean Edition). But I'm a crazy hippie who's voting for Obama, so what the hell do I know?
 
would you honestly rather have an Outback than this anyway?

Most definitely. I wouldn't be caught dead driving one of those, and I would quite love an Outback.

I'm having trouble seeing how a driving enthusiast would pick a bumbling SUV over a wagon that could be so much more sporty and fun to drive :sly:.

Don't forget that there was a time before the SUV invasion that a Scooby was the car to have for snow driving. Sadly, it's just us West-Coasters who know just how useful the car really could be.
 
Sadly, it's just us West-Coasters who know just how useful the car really could be.

Whaaaaaat? New England practically invented the Outback.
 
Its fun getting upset about something that in no way effects a member here other than when he has to ride with his parents to church (unless they're godless communists).

The internet at its best!!!

And we already know what takes the cake for EPIC-AWESOME AWD vehicle:

01.jpg
 
Its fun getting upset about something that in no way effects a member here other than when he has to ride with his parents to church (unless they're godless communists).

The internet at its best!!!

And we already know what takes the cake for EPIC-AWESOME AWD vehicle:


oh yes we do!!!!


land-rover-defender-130-crew-cab-2-5-td5-1.jpg
 
Land Rover and STI = FAIL

bigfoot44.jpg


= WIN
 
^=PHAIL
btr60-16.jpg

:D
You never said 4 wheel drive...
 
I'd rather have an Outback (LL Bean Edition). But I'm a crazy hippie who's voting for Obama, so what the hell do I know?

I'm rooting for Obama... does that make me a hippie? Personally if i needed a SUV I would be the RDX most likely. That or the Murano. The RX aren't bad, my neighbor has one and that haven't seem to have and problems with it yet.

And if i where to go off roading... It would be the Wrangler. Because personally speaking, they are awesome. And it's sooo easy to get some cheap quality off-roading stuff. And they look badass tricked out 👍
 
This thread went downhill and proceeded to fall off a cliff.

EDIT: McCain all the way. 50 years of gov't experience must mean SOMETHING.
 
This thread went downhill and proceeded to fall off a cliff.

EDIT: McCain all the way. 50 years of gov't experience must mean SOMETHING.

Not when he says he is Bush's third term :rolleyes: I neutral views but I don't think I could live another 4 years of Bush.
 
LETS NOT TURN THIS INTO A DAMNED POLITICAL DISCUSSION.

That loud enough?
 
i think that Scoobies rule all.
 
^=PHAIL
btr60-16.jpg

:D
You never said 4 wheel drive...

That would be perfect for safe winter driving, especially with the pot holes we have around here...
 
That would be perfect for safe winter driving, especially with the pot holes we have around here...

Not to mention that would actually MAKE the potholes worse and in some cases CREATE them. :lol:
 
I'm having trouble seeing how you could do such a poor job of reading in this thread!

Just to review... the car is for my parents! I didn't even alter the sizing of the text above - it was actually that big in that post!

I understand that it might not be what you think, but it seems like it the way you are defending the car like it's the most perfect thing ever.

It's funny you say that - there are more Outbacks per capita in Denver than any other U.S. city; it's also the fifth most-popular car in the metro Denver area. Believe it or not the fuel economy on the Lexus is almost exactly the same as that of the Outback.

Maybe Denver is still a big Subaru market, but it just doesn't seem like they have quite as strong a hold on the all-season type cars like they used to have.
 
Back