New Famitsu GT-HD scans

• Thread starter Zer0
  • 72 comments
I'm not going to front if they bring out a GT 4.5 with a couple more tracks, a few more cars and motorcycles, better Ai and a larger race field I will be all over it.

I don't understand why you believe this website, when you don't believe the others. And I don't see any reason why the others would fake an interview with Kaz, saying that GTHD will be an actual game.
I don't believe GameSpot because it makes no sense to release a half-baked GT demo idea as a new, interim PS3 title and I don't believe SONY is that stupid (well, not entirely that stupid - I am willing to watch them prove me wrong, though).

Rumours can only exist in a vacuum of knowledge. There have been no official new release announcements, the TGS/2006 hasn't even started yet to get any "real" news about this, and a "technical demonstration" description fits its purpose more, at this stage, than a playable demo release version. We have had too much misinformation from gaming sites and magazines, in the past, to put much credence in this particular early GS story. Currently, GS is in a position, basically, to feed us whatever they want (or whatever we want to hear) and some of us are willing to believe them (not me, though).

I'm not sure where Kaz's Famitsu "newspeak" quotes came from, either, but it is a rewrite of previous E3 stories and it just doesn't make as much sense as the previous explanation.

Cheers,

MasterGT

I don't believe GameSpot because it makes no sense to release a half-baked GT demo idea as a new, interim PS3 title and I don't believe SONY is that stupid (well, not entirely that stupid - I am willing to watch them prove me wrong, though).
It makes perfect sense. If there'd be no Gran Turismo as a launch title, I wouldn't think about buying it immediately. I'd rather wait until it got a little cheaper.

If there would be GTHD though, I'd seriously think about buying one immediately. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like this.

Regards
the Interceptor

It makes perfect sense. If there'd be no Gran Turismo as a launch title, I wouldn't think about buying it immediately. I'd rather wait until it got a little cheaper.

If there would be GTHD though, I'd seriously think about buying one immediately. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like this.

Regards
the Interceptor
Sony would sell many more Playstation 3's with GT HD before the release of the main GT game(5), than without it. No brainer.

Well consider no Playstation console has ever had launch sales compromised by a lack of Gran Turismo at lauch before. The bottom line is there will only be 2 million PS3's by the start of next year, 2 million worldwide is a number they should have absolutely no problem shifting, the lack of Gran Turismo at launch may put the Interceptor of buying a PS3 at launch, but it won't stop all 2 million PS3's being sold.

I'm not at this point saying Sony will or will not actually release GT HD at the PS3's launch, just making the point that it is not a no-brainer, the no-brainer is that regardless, Sony will sell all their PS3's in the first few batches shipped.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Still, I think my point is obvious: I, and probably many other GT fans will more likely buy a PS3 as soon as possible because of GTHD. If releasing something that's done anyway doesn't make sense then, I'm not sure what does.

Regards
the Interceptor

Unless there is notable improvements in the AI, notably more content and a good online mode I'm honestly not bothered at all by the prospect of repurchasing GT4 running at a higher resolution. The online mode is almost a no brainer, if they do release GT:HD I can't see that not being in. However better AI and extra content are not, and I can get a good online fix in a lot of other racing games.

Well consider no Playstation console has ever had launch sales compromised by a lack of Gran Turismo at lauch before. The bottom line is there will only be 2 million PS3's by the start of next year, 2 million worldwide is a number they should have absolutely no problem shifting, the lack of Gran Turismo at launch may put the Interceptor of buying a PS3 at launch, but it won't stop all 2 million PS3's being sold.

I'm not at this point saying Sony will or will not actually release GT HD at the PS3's launch, just making the point that it is not a no-brainer, the no-brainer is that regardless, Sony will sell all their PS3's in the first few batches shipped.
You had to be a smart alec. :D Yes, when you take the limited availability of PS3 into consideration, you are right. But that is assuming that if GT HD is released, it will be out near the launch of the PS3 console.

Considering the track record of Polyphony Digital, there is a chance :dopey: that they might take their sweet time with the release of GT5. PS3 comes out at the end of '06, but GT5, probably not for another couple of years(you know that's very likely!). So by releasing GT HD, say a year into the release of PS3, you can boost the sales of PS3. :sly:

But anyways, like I said in the earlier post, P.D. usually prefers to leave the American GT fans hanging out to dry. They only release the main GT games(1-4) for sale. They never give you anything to tie you over, so I don't see P.D. changing that now.

P.S. When I said "no brainer" before, I meant that Sony will sell more PS3 with the release of GT HD. Not that it's a "no brainer" P.D. will release the GT HD. Thank you. :P

When I said "no brainer" before, I meant that Sony will sell more PS3 with the release of GT HD. Not that it's a "no brainer" P.D. will release the GT HD. Thank you. :P
That all depends on timing, you see a year into PS3 sales the effect of a GT launch may have a worthwhile influence on sales, but if that happens to be within 6 months of GT5's launch then theres absolutely no point in releasing GT:HD, if they do release GT:HD then the impact it would have would havilly depend on when GT5 is released.

Don't trust Gamespot:
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?p=817298#post817298

================================

Someone can confirm that these old articles are the same Famitsu information?

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/sp/detail.do?article_id=166
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/sp/detail.do?article_id=165

Rough translation:

It is the prototype work which is limited to the play with E3, it becomes 'portion of the milestone to of [gurantsurisumo]' of the product edition which in the future is sold.
PS3 edition '[gurantsurisumo] as a product edition' is at in the midst of [porihuoni] digital ardent producing, is the schedule which becomes the work of much high quality by comparison with latest '[gurantsurisumo] HD'.

The latest version conveyed the fact that it is E3 limitation first.
'As for [gurantsurisumo]' of product edition it is the intention of achieving the quality which exceeds this '[gurantsurisumo] HD' easily as a stand-alone game, but rather than 'preponderant of the [gurantsurisumo]' world “expansion”… with saying from something with the full correspondence to network, “explosion”… you have aimed.
To be prompt at Japan and North America, 'service experiment of the online version which designates [gurantsurisumo] 4' as the base starts. Everything is for technical accumulation for next generation '[gurantsurisumo]' and service verification.

'[gurantsurisumo]' of the next generation endeavors, without putting in place that much long period from the sale of PS3, to be able to sell, in order.

Please wait in the pleasure.

2006 May 8th

'[gurantsurisumo]' series producer Yamanouchi one model

Looks like it. They state that while GT HD is fully playable, it is a prototype(demo) created for E3.

Also, it mentioned that GT4 Online Experiment was for the "next generation" of GT. Then it says that P.D. will try to release the "next gen" GT before too long after the release of PS3. Which pretty much means that there will not be a Online version of GT4. 👎 :(

Looks like it. They state that while GT HD is fully playable, it is a prototype(demo) created for E3.

Also, it mentioned that GT4 Online Experiment was for the "next generation" of GT. Then it says that P.D. will try to release the "next gen" GT before too long after the release of PS3. Which pretty much means that there will not be a Online version of GT4. 👎 :(

They should really just release that beta version to the public because it works pretty well :indiff:

They should really just release that beta version to the public because it works pretty well :indiff:
I apologize for asking this here, but on the online version, can you use your own cars out of the garage? Or just the preselected cars, like out of the arcade mode, like in the LAN mode?

So the GT HD title isn’t finalised at all? Boy was I mislead *shakes fist at Gamespot*—no wonder there’s all the 『グランツーリスモ』シリーズ references instead of an actual name. :dunce:👍
I apologize for asking this here, but on the online version, can you use your own cars out of the garage? Or just the preselected cars, like out of the arcade mode, like in the LAN mode?
It’s a nice change from LAN racing (as great as level playing fields are), as it’s closely integrated into GT Mode. On initial load of the Japanese Online Beta Test, all 711 cars available in the NTSC–J version are unlocked into your garage along with 11,000,000,000cr (bare in mind the NTSC–J versions use a few extra zeros…).

The online .pdf manual has some captures showing Tuned Car Races, with various class restrictions. With the large sum of money gifted to you, it provides for a fair amount of experimentation.

That all depends on timing, you see a year into PS3 sales the effect of a GT launch may have a worthwhile influence on sales, but if that happens to be within 6 months of GT5's launch then theres absolutely no point in releasing GT:HD
Sure there is. Forza 2 on the XBox360. Console wars. That's what this Christmas is about between the three console makers.

I know you can find some other racing games you love more than Gran Turismo, but the racing series planet Earth chooses is Gran Turismo. You have to remember that detail when you consider the reasons behind what Polyphony and Sony are doing this.

Besides, just offering over 10 cars on racecourses is enough for me to want to play it. The other improvements Polyphony are working on, such as possible elements from the previous Gran Turismos, are icing on a delicious cake. :)

It’s a nice change from LAN racing (as great as level playing fields are), as it’s closely integrated into GT Mode. On initial load of the Japanese Online Beta Test, all 711 cars available in the NTSC–J version are unlocked into your garage along with 11,000,000,000cr (bare in mind the NTSC–J versions use a few extra zeros…).

The online .pdf manual has some captures showing Tuned Car Races, with various class restrictions. With the large sum of money gifted to you, it provides for a fair amount of experimentation.
Wow. Just, wow. :drool:

if it cames out with 12 cars in the track, better AI, 2000 cars, and online mode, then it might not be as bad as i thought...

You can expect 16+ cars, Ultra-intelligent AI, well over 500 cars and a very advanced online mode . 👍

You can expect 16+ cars, Ultra-intelligent AI, well over 500 cars and a very advanced online mode . 👍
Please be careful with statements like this and only post them if they've been announced officially. Otherwise, they should be marked as being your opinion.

It happens all the time that someone reads this here, spreads this on, and within a day, we have rumours about GT:HD all over the net. Then, when it is released as a GT4 with HD graphics, people are disappointed and start to moan. See the problem?

Regards
the Interceptor

Indeed. If enough rumors get added onto what has been quoted from Kaz himself, eventually it'll spread that what's coming out is really GT5 after all. And that would be a big disappointment to the kids, causing a huge uproar. So yeah, don't read too much into what's being quoted in articles. Just what is being mentioned is exciting enough. ;)

Yer, it was simply an educated estimate, but the final product is somewhat likely to be somewhere near those figures.
Nevertheless, I could be totally wrong couldn't I? :sly:

I have a big big question mark ovwer GT5 having ultra intelligent AI and well over 500 cars. The other two you mentioned are more likely to happen imo.

I think the fact that Polyphony is going to release a Gran Turismo HD/Series/Vision or whatever soon indicates that GT5 will be a pretty substantial game, and are planning on working on it for a while. And it depends on what form it takes. If it's Kazunori-sama's journey through racing history, there will have to be a good selection of cars from each decade, which could mean well over 1000 cars.

With online mode looking like its going to take precidence in most games in the future (basically all next gen are online orientated apart from role play type stuff)..... who really minds about the AI anymore when it comes to the next GT... you will have real people to race with and AI doesnt get any better than that!

Next gen wont really be a personal experience anymore, like for example it would be mad to own a 360 and not play on live! Every race I would really ever want to do would be a real online one.

Paying more attention to the other aspects of the next GT other than AI would be a better use of PD's time in my opinion.... like getting a really good online setup that works well...

Robin

I most certainly mind about AI, I'll be doing most of my racing in the GT mode winning new cars and such. I've said it before in the PS3 forums on this very topic, having an online mode is not an excuse to be lazy with the AI, nor does it replace the offline mode. Rather it should be developed in tandem with it.

What he said. Not to mention, but I will, that starting off online is going to be a total crapshoot. You won't have a clue what kind of crowd you'll be racing with, whether they'll race professionally or try to bash their way around the track. And then there's the issue of lag, which hopefully won't be. But just imagine that some idiot kid is bumping his way around the track, and you give him a bad rep. He may well retaliate on you. Or if you lag and collide with someone badly, ruining their race, and they give you a negative score. Or if you drive cleanly but end up in the middle, and no one reps you. It's going to take at least a few weeks to sort this environment out as far as who the bad apples are, possibly months.

Back