New FFB WIP!! Forza 7 PC wheel impressions/settings guide UPDATED

• Thread starter Blue028
  • 113 comments
I started running Assetto Corsa with the wheel's FFB dialed down a bit while the sim was set to the max FFB; without clipping, of course. What I wanted was the wheel to be as smooth as it can be and merely suggest that something was happening. Yesterday I decided to apply it to Forza and I really like the results. The only thing I needed to change in the game's settings was the Spring force. I went from 50% to 100%. After that, running the FFB at half the strength I was using, felt better.

I need a proper shifter! Currently I am using the paddles along with the clutch pedal when I run Manual w/ Clutch. Needless to say down shifting is kind of weird feeling (Use to Left hand steer, Right hand shift). So I ordered a stop gap from a friend. He has an old Fanatec PWTS shifter set, and I am wondering if anyone used the sequential lever in Manual w/ Clutch? From what he tells me, the 6 speed shifter is showing it's age. I am fine with that because all I want is to move selecting gears to my right hand. I intend on getting a CSS in the near future; so again, this is just a stop gap.

I used to use it like that back in forza 3, I think I have an old old drift video using it that way. I also use my CSS SQ in sequencial with clutch when I race the V8 supercars on FM7

Edit: found it

Last edited:
Well, I have been messing around with some wheel settings again. I have found to get rid of the rear snapping loose using simulation steering on my T300. I just needed to adjust Force Feedback Understeer from 5 to 10.

So my settings look like this from vibration scale to center spring. (0,100,100,50,10,80,17,25)

Last edited:
Something that came up on FM.net that puzzles me... EMU wheel. Is this work around only to provide FFB support to wheels that aren't officially supported? I was moments away from starting down that rabbit hole, before I seen something suggesting that officially supported wheels need not apply. If so, then that should be reflected in the overview post. The way it reads, it sounds like EMU Wheel fixes Forza's FFB for everyone.

Something that came up on FM.net that puzzles me... EMU wheel. Is this work around only to provide FFB support to wheels that aren't officially supported? I was moments away from starting down that rabbit hole, before I seen something suggesting that officially supported wheels need not apply. If so, then that should be reflected in the overview post. The way it reads, it sounds like EMU Wheel fixes Forza's FFB for everyone.

Its a tool that allows you to adjust the FFB perameters beyond what the game allows and with some extra setting that you can adjust that are not available in the game.

Its a tool that allows you to adjust the FFB perameters beyond what the game allows and with some extra setting that you can adjust that are not available in the game.

Blue028, I think, that I have settled for the above with my T300. Other than, the Thrustmaster Control Panel settings with setting steering and braking deadzones outside from 95 to 100. Steering Linearity set to 49 to smooth out. But. it has transformed the game from the point pure frustration :banghead: to a lot more enjoyable :).

Just wished it had VR!

Last edited:
So i opend Forza 7 after 2 weeks to play with my wheel(G920 with shifter) but left with disappointment. Why is my FFB not working properly anymore in this game. The wheel is turning slightly and there is no feel nothing. I can move 20 degrees, after that its all just hard to turn. Im feeling nothing in my wheel. Didn't have the problem a month ago. Can somebody help me please :(.

Good day everyone,

I am trying to help out friends of mine who recently bought their 5 year-old son a Thrustmaster TMX for Christmas. The mother is worried the wheel's settings may be too harsh for her son, even though on default settings were fine for myself. I am trying to figure out a setting which could work for their son, however I am a Gran Turismo player and race with a Thrustmaster T100, so how to configure for Forza is something I am not accustomed to. If someone could assist me in recommended settings for this, I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help!

So i opend Forza 7 after 2 weeks to play with my wheel(G920 with shifter) but left with disappointment. Why is my FFB not working properly anymore in this game. The wheel is turning slightly and there is no feel nothing. I can move 20 degrees, after that its all just hard to turn. Im feeling nothing in my wheel. Didn't have the problem a month ago. Can somebody help me please :(.

No matter what there is always a point in Forza. Where you turn so much and the steering is done. If they could fix the steering, have road vibrations, and fix the AI. They would have a pretty solid game with some other tweaks.

My settings T300 are now TMCP Gain 41/Damp 0. Forza ingame deadzone moved from 95-100 on steering/brake and starting at vibration (0,around 58-61,100,49,5,80,20,25) It needs like 48 SL with the initial turning response of 50 IMO. But, I had to settle at 49.

I can't get a good ffb feel in FM7 on the Xbox. It feels way too light even with everything dialed up to 100. Tweaking the settings I barely notice any difference. This wheel feels fine in other games.

I haven't played the game in months, so I don't know if they made any changes, but playing the game again I decided to try out the defaults and sim steering feels extremely good now with my G920.

Just purchased Forza 7 this weekend. Haven't played Forza seriously since FM4 on the 360 (w/ wheel) and a brief amount of time with FM5 on XBONE. Really looking forward to PlayAnyWhere flexibility with XBONE and Win10.

Anyways - I now have a Thrust Master TMX (a bit of an upgrade from the 360 wheel) and I have to say the FM7 default settings aren't that bad. I really enjoyed throwing the Porsche around the corners in the Dubai map on the demo (using simulation steering, no assists).

Wondering if the settings suggestions made in this thread (ie. putting understeer to 5 and using Normal Steering vs simulation) are still good recommendations. Of course I'll be testing myself, but thought I would ask. One thing I have noticed is transition weight transfers are very harder to manage than I would expect using simulation steering - I'll try again with Normal.

BTW - anyone else using a TMX care to post settings? If there is already a thread - sorry!

Great forum.

Thx

Just purchased Forza 7 this weekend. Haven't played Forza seriously since FM4 on the 360 (w/ wheel) and a brief amount of time with FM5 on XBONE. Really looking forward to PlayAnyWhere flexibility with XBONE and Win10.

Anyways - I now have a Thrust Master TMX (a bit of an upgrade from the 360 wheel) and I have to say the FM7 default settings aren't that bad. I really enjoyed throwing the Porsche around the corners in the Dubai map on the demo (using simulation steering, no assists).

Wondering if the settings suggestions made in this thread (ie. putting understeer to 5 and using Normal Steering vs simulation) are still good recommendations. Of course I'll be testing myself, but thought I would ask. One thing I have noticed is transition weight transfers are very harder to manage than I would expect using simulation steering - I'll try again with Normal.

BTW - anyone else using a TMX care to post settings? If there is already a thread - sorry!

Great forum.

Thx
I'd definitely stick to normal steering with the wheel. Sim steering is (IMHO) for controllers. Drift transitions with sim steering on with a wheel are far far harder in Forza than in real life, speaking from experience. Normal is, ironically more realistic when using a wheel.

I'd definitely stick to normal steering with the wheel. Sim steering is (IMHO) for controllers. Drift transitions with sim steering on with a wheel are far far harder in Forza than in real life, speaking from experience. Normal is, ironically more realistic when using a wheel.
Agreed, the setting is actually broken on a wheel they should feel identical but the supposed FFB fixes they claimed to be working on never happened as per usual for T10 so it’s a bug that got left in.

Still at least it feels right on a wheel now even if it could be better.

The default settings have been changed since release to feel better out of the gate. Running FFB understeer at 5 is only recommended for drifting IMO, as it pretty much removes the understeer drop off making the wheel self rotate better.

Normal and sim steering both have their place IMO, whether its bugged or not still need some clarification IMO because there are a few contradicting points on the matter from T10 developers.

Hello everyone, exited to share with you what FirstPlatoLV and myself have been working on for the last couple of weeks, we have successfully calculated working FFB using the Data out perameters. Its still WIP but the results are (IMO) are much better than vanilla FFB, and it will be highly customisable. Here is a video demonstration:

Hello everyone, exited to share with you what FirstPlatoLV and myself have been working on for the last couple of weeks, we have successfully calculated working FFB using the Data out perameters. Its still WIP but the results are (IMO) are much better than vanilla FFB, and it will be highly customisable. Here is a video demonstration:

I saw this pop up on my you tube channel. Looks fantastic. I joined the discord server and downloaded the latest version. Any details on how to get it working in game. I was at a bit of a loss last night when I tried. As I said in the you tube comments, keep up the good work 👍

I saw this pop up on my you tube channel. Looks fantastic. I joined the discord server and downloaded the latest version. Any details on how to get it working in game. I was at a bit of a loss last night when I tried. As I said in the you tube comments, keep up the good work 👍

You will need to get FirstPlatoLV to help you set it up, you need other files than what's in the EmuWheel download that only he can provide. Basically a new EmuWheel. Exe and a new configuration. Jason file that will enable the new FFB

We now have road feel, when driving in a straight line you can feel bumps and road surface changes. no longer can you sit back and have a sip of tea/coffee/beer/milk/whatever when your flying down the straits at 300+km/h, THE WHEEL IS NO LONGER LIMP/DEAD

Here we have another video trying to showcase how much better this FFB is, I now feel much more comfortable in the car and have Alot more confidence and consistency in driving it. In only 6 attempts I managed to do a lap with almost 6 waltaps in that one lap, only a small handful of walls were hit too hard and straightened the car up but I never spun out once. This never felt possible on the standard FFB and Simulation steering.

I was able to test the new FFB view the same EmuFFB app that Blue is using from Plato, and it is a game changer; thats for sure. I have been testing it with a T300RS and TH8A for now, but I also plan to test it using my G920 as well.

Most people know how vocal I have been towards sim steering just feeling "wrong", but with the new FFB from Plato, a lot of those feelings are all but gone. I have to say I was sceptical when I first saw Blues newest videos, but I am glad I was invited to test it out for myself. Forza feels like a completely different game with it, a lot more alive. Not to mention that drifting with the new FFB is very possible and fun, just need to make a few tweaks to my Nissan 240 drift car. But so far, it already feels great.

So far I have tested it with FWD and RWD cars and a midship, I still need to test with AWD and test it in hyper cars and the Formula 1 cars; as I want to make sure I have a complete and rounded view of Plato's FFB. Still only running on first impressions, but once released; I think I will be pointing any wheel users towards it for sure. Well, those playing FM7 on a Windows 10 PC anyway.

Back