New Forza 4 Fanatec wheel (CSR-Elite)

• Thread starter Mr Fox
  • 170 comments
I am still very frustrated by the lack of information about these absent CSR wheels. I will have some extra money this week and it would be better for my budget if I could acquire my product now. I fear the new CSR non-elite will be a better deal for me. And call me vain but I would like to play FM4 with "the officially supported" wheel. I actually want the FM4 logo and I think it looks cool. Plus I like the bigger wheel diameter along with the DPAD placement. Call me crazy but I still have no idea where DPAD is placed on the GT2. It should be to the left like on my T500RS / CSR / CSW wheels

Anyway my common sense tells me no way will these wheels be available by the time FM4 ships???? You more positive guys- what you think? I guess I will have to save these funds and hope I dont end up having to blow it on something else this sucks

-----

And yeah, if these wheels sold through regular retailers it would be much preferred because then it would be much easier to acquire I suspect. When all the product is sold from one bottleneck (fanatec web site), its too easy for them to run out of stock. And just because I dont have to give you my preorder money won't make me any happier. I still wont have my product :mad:

Last edited:
Why do some of you assume their will be no stock for FM4 launch period.
I havnt read of any confirmation of such. Patience, we will get confirmation soon enough and knowing now what is for happening won't bring them any quicker. Chill out....

Fanatec has also said these will not be made available to order until the shipment takes place. The whole point of this is to avoid the delays and customer frustrations again. The internet interest for these looks quite high so I guess if you want first batch better get saving or have the funds ready as it is very likely these will sell very quickly.

By all means if production won't make FM4 release, Im willing to accept that scenario and not be annoyed because it did lets not forget take Thrustmaster to the end of Jan/Feb before good stocks of the T500RS began appearing.

I think Fanatec is waiting to release more info like official pricing and options and dates available. There's still 2 other shows to go before Forza 4's release and one of these shows are in Thomas's backyard in Germany.

The lack of information on the CSR/Elite could very well be down to a possible partnership with T10 in regards to the marketing of FM4, and what appears to be FM4's new "official" wheel.

The CSR wheels we have seen have all had FM4 branding/logos, plus Fanatec guys were also present at the FM4 event/party held by T10 at E3 as well.

The marketing of this new Forza wheel (CSR), is probably tied in with the marketing plan for FM4, TBH im very surprised the insidesimracing crew were able to get their hands on one (albeit for a short time), out side of E3.

I think T10 are possibly the ones who will decide when the info on the CSR is officially released.

^ I seriously doubt that Turn 10 is controlling the information flow of the CSR wheels. Fanatec will probably release the details once their new website is finished.

Turn 10 may be controlling some of the flow of information. I would think some of the wheel features will be tied directly to new features in FM4. T10 would like to be the ones to release that info. Not have it leaked from a peripheral manufacturer. My theory anyway.

^ I seriously doubt that Turn 10 is controlling the information flow of the CSR wheels. Fanatec will probably release the details once their new website is finished.

Given how the CSR wheel is obviously being promoted as the FM4 wheel, with the FM4 branding, its clear that both Fanatec and T10 have a partnership going with the wheel, to what extent is anyones guess....but

For T10's pov its got to be in their interest to be able to appeal to the hardcore/sim racing enthusiast market, It might be a small market compared to the casual one, but it is the most passionate and vocal group.

imo T10 are going to use the CSR/elite as part of their marketing strategy to appeal to the hardcore/enthusiast market, the regulare CSR is aimed at the mid-range wheel user, the Elite is both Fanatec and T10's to appeal to the High end/enthusiast, their attempt to trump logitec and thustmaster, and have the best console wheel.

I remember the kind of pros/cons arguments we had on the run up to FM3's release here on GTP, one of the main "con's" that was leveled at FM3 was its lack of wheel support and options.

The xbox 360 did not support the G25/G27, yes Fanatec had a wheel that was just as good, but if you have just spent hundreds on a G25/27, theres little point in spending 3 or 4 hundred more just to play FM3 with a wheel thats really no better than the one you have already got.

The Elite seems to be Fanatec's/T10's answer to that,with a wheel thats approaching ECCI/Frex levels of performance, but at a fraction of the cost of those ultra high end wheels, with the Elite people now have sufficient reason to sell off their mid-range G25/G27/T500R for a new multi-platform high-end wheel the CSR Elite.

I am not sure why you intend to strike up an argument comparing a wheel that isn't on sell yet. You must really have a lot of personal reputation riding on the T500R being the best wheel on the market (which it already isn't).

The Fanatec CSR Elite and the Club Sport wheels are aimed at the E.C.C.I. Not the T500R. Although Thomas did suggest this wheel is some what of a response, it is poised for the higher end of the market, not the middle market.

But then again...

This post makes no sense (I missed this one). Where did I ever say in my post T500Rs was best wheel on the market? I am merely explaining why I feel it is an outlandish thought too me that the CSR Elite will be so much better than the T500RS it will get destroyed. *Also, now to think of it please tell me what you feel is the best wheel on the market from your personal experience using it (not just something you gleamed from the interwebz)

-------

And Mr. Fox is correct we do not know the extent of their agreement unless Thomas tells us otherwise. Thinking bout just tossing out the cash for the gt2/CSP and get it over with this week. It's unfortunate that CSS shifter is not available like I expected it would be. Both Fanatec and TM let me down in the one area I cared bout the absolute most

Last edited:
I think I will be getting the standard CSR and covering it with 3M carbon fiber to give it that "Elite" look. Speaking of which anyone know the best wrap and place to buy it?

zr1chris
I have been checking out GT2's on ebay and they are going for more used then they are new from Fanatec most of the time. :odd: :banghead:

Ya, they typically are due to the fact there is a wait for purchasing one new from Fanatec.

Yeah I faced that same dilemma when I originally ordered the GT2/csp during Fanatec's blackout here in the US. I checked Ebay but the prices seemed sky high.

right now those gt2/csp seem to be in stock for now here in US but who knows how long that will last....

This post makes no sense (I missed this one). Where did I ever say in my post T500Rs was best wheel on the market? I am merely explaining why I feel it is an outlandish thought too me that the CSR Elite will be so much better than the T500RS it will get destroyed. *Also, now to think of it please tell me what you feel is the best wheel on the market from your personal experience using it (not just something you gleamed from the interwebz)

-------

And Mr. Fox is correct we do not know the extent of their agreement unless Thomas tells us otherwise. Thinking bout just tossing out the cash for the gt2/CSP and get it over with this week. It's unfortunate that CSS shifter is not available like I expected it would be. Both Fanatec and TM let me down in the one area I cared bout the absolute most

Point taken.

Pleas forgive my ignorance.

:nervous:

Any body know if this wheel has a table clamp mechanism. Thing is my tabletop is glass and obviously can't drill holes through it.

^ It should. The Standard CSR is a revamped version of the existing Porsche wheels, and it does have a built in table clamp. I assume that the CSR will keep the clamp. As for the CSR Elite/Clubsport wheel... I have no idea. Maybe the Club Sport table clamp was taken into consideration when Fanatec designed the wheel? That would make sense if that was the case.

It was the CSR Elite wheel I was concered about coz I really wanna buy it. :drool:'cept i've just got my wheel and pedals at the most perfectly comfortable angles:sly: in my makeshift cockpit (at long last!!) If the CSR Elite wheel is only hardmountable via bolts etc I suppose I'll need to replace my glass tabletop for a wooden one:idea:

Or just get a Porsche Wheel Club sport Table Clamp and keep the glass table top. Hard mount the wheel to the clamp and then attach it to your table.

That's a good point hopefully the new CSR wheels will come with a very nice clamp. I've read a few complaints about the included Fanatec clamps but I know from personal experience the T500RS / Logitech clamps are very rock solid. My desk is made out of glass too and both wheel clamped to it just fine til my wheelstand pro arrived. 👍

Once again I have no Fanatec atm but I would share the same concern

That's a good point hopefully the new CSR wheels will come with a very nice clamp. I've read a few complaints about the included Fanatec clamps but I know from personal experience the T500RS / Logitech clamps are very rock solid. My desk is made out of glass too and both wheel clamped to it just fine til my wheelstand pro arrived. 👍

Once again I have no Fanatec atm but I would share the same concern

Looks like their clamp is pretty robust:

csrupdate.jpg

More details on this wheel were released confirming the ability to use G25 pedals. Good times. Now all I need is for them to release it.;)

Looks like their clamp is pretty robust:

Dont forget Fanatec allow for hardmounting.
They also sell a table clamp for those that dont want to hardmount or cant.

The clamp is pretty solid, Ive even used one on a Gamepod to allow for angle adjustment.

The Standard integrated GT2 Clamp is pretty solid, I've not had any problems with mine. It's clamped to approx. 15mm wood so can't comment on anything thicker than that.

Please excuse me if this was already posted.

Does anyone know whether CSR Elite with Clubsport pedals and Shifter are compatible with Gran Turismo 5?

If yes then I'm planning to sell my G27 and buy an xbox and CSR Elite!

ilonioum
Please excuse me if this was already posted.

Does anyone know whether CSR Elite with Clubsport pedals and Shifter are compatible with Gran Turismo 5?

If yes then I'm planning to sell my G27 and buy an xbox and CSR Elite!

Well it's PS3 compatible so it should be fine.

Plus you can add deadzone if the wheel wobble effect annoys you.

Plus you can alter degrees of rotation if steering the FGT feels like a boat and that annoys you too.

TBH, after you get all your gear I can't see you playing GT anyway.

Well it's PS3 compatible so it should be fine.

Plus you can add deadzone if the wheel wobble effect annoys you.

Plus you can alter degrees of rotation if steering the FGT feels like a boat and that annoys you too.

TBH, after you get all your gear I can't see you playing GT anyway.

Thank you Spagetti69! Well, I've been waiting for a couple of years the GT5 to be released and spent a lot of money and effort before and after it got released.

I still love GT5, still play it, however it does not deliver the joy I expected. I can enjoy driving the cars but I cannot enjoy the car itself (apart from photo mode, which I don't use much).

It seems that GT5 and FM4 together can give much more to a guy like me, who is not a hard core but a racer with some experience in real life as well and limited time for racing.

Therefore I need a wheel that works with both PS3 and the XBOX360. And the CSR Elite seems to be the best choice.

thanks again my friend!

Back