New Forza 4 Fanatec wheel (CSR-Elite)

• Thread starter Mr Fox
  • 170 comments
Those elite pedals are a steal with a load cell brake.

Nice work there Thomas.

UK will cost more though, that is like the price of two DFGT wheel sets when they were on sale though. Good buy still though for high end equipment. I wonder if any T500RS owners will get these :sly:.

UK will cost more though, that is like the price of two DFGT wheel sets.

Well the experience is like three DFGT sets so I see it as a deal. LOL.
I don't know what the DFGT is like, I'm just kidding, but being that I own a G27 and a Fanatec 911 Turbo S and have compared those two (with the Fanatec spanking the G27 soundly) I have to assume that the Fanatec will be well worth the cash.

UK will cost more though, that is like the price of two DFGT wheel sets when they were on sale though. Good buy still though for high end equipment. I wonder if any T500RS owners will get these :sly:.

Sell the DFGT and buy a Fanatec. You WONT be sorry.

Well the experience is like three DFGT sets so I see it as a deal. LOL.
I don't know what the DFGT is like, I'm just kidding, but being that I own a G27 and a Fanatec 911 Turbo S and have compared those two (with the Fanatec spanking the G27 soundly) I have to assume that the Fanatec will be well worth the cash.
I'm on about the pedals costing nearly the price of two DFGT sets, insane but still quite good value for money due to it being high end stuff. The US prices are a lot cheaper than the EU ones due to tax and things. I think the price is the US price but with a euro symbol.

Sell the DFGT and buy a Fanatec. You WONT be sorry.
I know I won't be sorry. I expect it to be a lot better given the price, but the quietness is the main thing I'm sold on getting a Fanatec or the G27 over the DFGT. I like my DFGT as it has all the buttons on the wheel and it keeps me competitive enough but the noise is bugging me.

saidur_ali
I'm on about the pedals costing nearly the price of two DFGT sets, insane but still quite good value for money due to it being high end stuff. The US prices are a lot cheaper than the EU ones due to tax and things. I think the price is the US price but with a euro symbol.

I know I won't be sorry. I expect it to be a lot better given the price, but the quietness is the main thing I'm sold on getting a Fanatec or the G27 over the DFGT. I like my DFGT as it has all the buttons on the wheel and it keeps me competitive enough but the noise is bugging me.

The cost of a new DFGT in the states is $125-150. The pedals are $150. So how are you getting two new DFGT's for $150 US? However you are getting them so cheap, you may want to start buying them up and reselling them to the states lol.

Also, anybody want to buy a lightly used, still in brand new condition DFGT? Lol. I'll go $75 plus shipping for GTP members. Otherwise it is going on eBay for $100 + shipping.

The cost of a new DFGT in the states is $125-150. The pedals are $150. So how are you getting two new DFGT's for $150 US? However you are getting them so cheap, you may want to start buying them up and reselling them to the states lol.

Also, anybody want to buy a lightly used, still in brand new condition DFGT? Lol. I'll go $75 plus shipping for GTP members. Otherwise it is going on eBay for $100 + shipping.

I'm going by how much it will cost in the UK hence why I said the prices in the US are cheaper.

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=101

That is £130.70 in UK money. When the DFGT was on sale it ranged from £50 to £70 so you could buy two for less. You could buy a G27 for £38 extra when it was on sale recently. That is just comparing wheels with pedals and in the case of the G27 a shifter to just some high end pedals for similar money. I think it is still good value for money as usually the best costs a bit more.

ISR cleared up some misunderstanding with regards to the pricing.

£150 - $150 isn't a direct comparison.

The British pound is included VAT ( value added tax ).

The Dollar hasn't included some sort of purchase tax? Not sure what but I'm sure you Americans know.

When I say a steal, I paid £217 for my clubsports.

Load cell is great.
Hall effect sensors in throttle and clutch are nice but not that great an improvement over potentiometers.

Basically your getting the benefit of a load cell. which is the cherry on the cake for just under 3/4 the price of the CSP.

I think it's a good deal. I use pots on my G27 obviously. Throttle and clutch are just as responsive as CSP.

I only run console mind. When used on PC the resolution goes from 256 (console) 1000 (PC) or there abouts I can't quite remember.

Edit watch today's inside sim racing for explanation on pricing mix up.

Just preordred my CSR and CSR Elite pedals. Total of $421.90 including shipping! Great deal. I will also be picking up the CS red pedal covers, carbon shifter paddles, and some 3M Di-Noc carbon fiber vinyl to give my wheel the "Elite" look and spruce up my Playseat!

Just preordred my CSR and CSR Elite pedals. Total of $421.90 including shipping! Great deal. I will also be picking up the CS red pedal covers, carbon shifter paddles, and some 3M Di-Noc carbon fiber vinyl to give my wheel the "Elite" look and spruce up my Playseat!

Congrats! Tell us how it is when you get it. From what I saw you should have it by Oct 15th. You might even get it just in time for FM4. How great would that be for both to come on the same day.

zr1chris
Congrats! Tell us how it is when you get it. From what I saw you should have it by Oct 15th. You might even get it just in time for FM4. How great would that be for both to come on the same day.

Thanks! I will post up vids as soon as I am able to. Unfortunately, I won't be playing Forza 4 or unboxing the Fanatec packages until at least a week after Forza launches; I have 4 midterms that week :'(

But.... I might sneak in some game time if the wife isn't home. Otherwise, she will make me study lol.

Welcome to "the club". Now that you're in you get the perks. You know that local grocery store around your way? Well go to the canned peas section. Go to the third row of peas and the 4th can back from the front. Lift that can, you'll see a secret door open behind the meat stand. Go in, there's women, gambling, booze and everything you want. Just another perk for being a Fanatec owner.

lol

Welcome to "the club". Now that you're in you get the perks. You know that local grocery store around your way? Well go to the canned peas section. Go to the third row of peas and the 4th can back from the front. Lift that can, you'll see a secret door open behind the meat stand. Go in, there's women, gambling, booze and everything you want. Just another perk for being a Fanatec owner.

lol

:lol:

Ssshhh. You should have PM'd him. It's supposed to be a "secret".

Im wondering how good the new CSR shifter is. It being metal is making me think of getting one. The plastic Porsche shifter does feel rather cheap and that I could break it if i'm too aggressive with it. I may just wait for the ClubSport shifter

CSR shifter
shifters.jpg

I'm eyeballing these as well. It may be a while before we see the CSS. I havent broken my standard fanatec shifter yet. I think it is sturdy enough for normal gear shifts but when you spin and try to slam into reverse it seems a little sketchy. If it breaks i am positive this is how I will break it.

That sequential looks sharp too. Did they chop it down in this version over the original? IIRC the old sequential used the same housing as the H shifter. Memory may be off on that tho.

Yeah. I went from 4th to 2nd last night once and had the same experience. "A bit sketchy". No problem but it felt like if I did that too many times that it would break.

I am thinking that this must be an oversight, but the webshop states;

The CSR Elite pedals can also be directly connected to the following Porsche wheels:

Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel
Forza Motorsport CSR Elite Wheel
Clubsport Wheel
Porsche 911 Carrera wheel
Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel (NOT 911 turbo)
Porsche 911 GT3 RS wheel

Where is the PWGT2? Is it safe to assume that the CSR-E pedals are compatible with it?

The TurboS and the GT2 are also basically the same. They only have cosmetic differences. It must be an oversite. I think its safe to say it will work with the GT2.

Caz
I'm eyeballing these as well. It may be a while before we see the CSS. I havent broken my standard fanatec shifter yet. I think it is sturdy enough for normal gear shifts but when you spin and try to slam into reverse it seems a little sketchy. If it breaks i am positive this is how I will break it.

That sequential looks sharp too. Did they chop it down in this version over the original? IIRC the old sequential used the same housing as the H shifter. Memory may be off on that tho.

Given that we still don't have an exact release date for the CSS I went ahead and ordered these upgraded units. I figure if the CSS doesn't implement a sequential mode then at least I have something nicer than the original all-plastic unit. Plus I'm just really curious to see if the 6+1 shifter feels all that different.

I am thinking that this must be an oversight, but the webshop states;

The CSR Elite pedals can also be directly connected to the following Porsche wheels:

Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel
Forza Motorsport CSR Elite Wheel
Clubsport Wheel
Porsche 911 Carrera wheel
Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel (NOT 911 turbo)
Porsche 911 GT3 RS wheel

Where is the PWGT2? Is it safe to assume that the CSR-E pedals are compatible with it?

Caz
I would think so as the gt2 and gt3 are essentially the same wheel difference being xbox compat.

The TurboS and the GT2 are also basically the same. They only have cosmetic differences. It must be an oversite. I think its safe to say it will work with the GT2.

I was mind boggled as well...

BUT the site is updated and GT2 is listed! Whoot.

Glad I went with the Elite.

Same here. I dont care for the looks of those. Still cant tell if that black stuff is plastic.

The Elites looks good, glad I ordered them....now the game of guess when they are delivered to Texas...

Vaxxtx
Same here. I dont care for the looks of those. Still cant tell if that black stuff is plastic.

The Elites looks good, glad I ordered them....now the game of guess when they are delivered to Texas...

Let me know when you get yours. I'm in College Station. The race is on!

I'm really considering the metal shifter when it's available.

I snapped the plastic one off like a twig within a week of getting it.

I actually held off getting a new one in hopes of getting something better released at some point in the future. Looks like my patience is going to pay off.

As for the wheel, I've got a month old Fanatec GT2, so I think I'll wait for something to happen to it before I go with the new one.

That thing does look fantastic though.

Back