New Gallardo LP 560-4 is Butt Ugly

Thanks Slashfan for the pics... I love the headlights on the yellow one, that's just way cool. The rims on that one are wicked too. Just put it in a nice red or red and black combo...

@ QuikSlvr223... I wish I never followed that link you gave. Man that was bad!

Have a good one

Last edited:
It's a small nip and tuck, but the first facelift did look cleaner. And the older wirewheel style rims were much better looking.

It still looks very good though.

Hardly ugly, just rather bland given how long the model has been running. I agree that the first iterations looked the best and am not a fan of the front light configuration, but all manufacturers of higher end models are going the "edgy-LED" look.

E28
The LP570-4 Superleggera was my favourite.

That's the only version iv'e ever liked (2010 model). Other than that.. iv'e never really liked the Gallardo (way too boxy imo). Somehow i think the Superleggera saved it to an extent, (although the boxy-ness was still present) other improvements made me focus less on that aspect of the design...

I remember spotting an early convertible Gallardo a few years back (1st one i'd seen IRL), and i was really unimpressed by it... for some reason, it just reminded me of some kind of kit-car or something.

The new one = 👎 as far as i'm concerned.

Can't say i'm overly keen on this latest refresh, but the Gallardo's shape is so compact and aggressive, it can get away with a few disappointing details.

Conservative? Well the Reventon, Aventador, and the Sesto say "lol wut?" to that.

The Gallardo is conservative though compared to the Halo brethren, so maybe that's why this model is the last of the Gallardos? And it's sell by date is way over due also. Lambo needs something entirely fresh.

Last edited:
I like it. It's not better or worse than the last face. I think the Gallardo has steadily improved in looks throughout its life which is unusual for many cars.

Me no likey, too much like a Ford Focus imho. Well, thats what the changes remind me of.

New one doesn't look bad, but it's definitely worse all-round than the last one.
I still think the best looking Gallardo is one of these two.

2009-lamborghini-gallardo-lp-560-motorauthority-013_100209455_m.jpg

lamborghini-gallardo-superleggera.jpg

Thanks Slashfan for the pics... I love the headlights on the yellow one, that's just way cool. The rims on that one are wicked too. Just put it in a nice red or red and black combo...

@ QuikSlvr223... I wish I never followed that link you gave. Man that was bad!

Have a good one

Heres a red one.

countachconcept1.png

I noticed I posted this on the Forza forums too :lol:

Looks very nice butt the rear end is the butt ugly part. I agree with Slash on the new Countach, Lamborghini what were you thinking?

Also the Miura had an update in 2006, but as a prototype:
2006-lamborghini-miura-concept-front.jpg

lambo_Miura_DV_06_DAS_07.jpg

Looks like a lazy update the new Gallardo.

They could of made a better effort atleast to even change the lights abit.

And the triangles are abit weird looking also considering that its the third remodel.

I noticed I posted this on the Forza forums too :lol:

Looks very nice butt the rear end is the butt ugly part. I agree with Slash on the new Countach, Lamborghini what were you thinking?

Also the Miura had an update in 2006, but as a prototype:
Lamborghini (Winkelmann specifically) had made the announcement shortly after that the Miura concept was merely to honor 40 years of the Miura. The company has no plans to produce any retro-styled cars of past models.

Meh, Nowhere near "Butt Ugly". Just underwheming.

As usual, the earliest iterations look the best. With an exception for the addition of the newer valence, I think the original headlights look best:

8018854977_97df686b80_b.jpg

I always found the very first iteration looked too goofy with those tall head lights and Funky Tail Lights. the first LP560-4 looked alot better.

They're just taking a page from 50's American automotive styling/marketing and making minute cosmetic alterations in order to sell more of the same product.

Except it's uncreative. I was expecting more than just simple inlet shape changes... It's like going circular lamps one year and then going square the year after. It feels like they arrived at the solution too easily.

I kinda can't help but ask, what exactly was wrong with the first LP 560-4? I felt it looked just fine, this just seems...too busy at the front. I'm not even sure where to begin on the rear, the triangular vent looks just off. Overall, this redesign just comes off as overly complex. They took a nice, simple looking facelift and complicated it to the nth degree.

Lamborghini is way too conservative these days. Blame VW.

Somehow, I look at a car like the Aventador and find "conservative" to be the absolute wrong word for Lamborghini. This just feels like they tried too much to do a facelift to what I felt was an already nice facelift.

Somehow, I look at a car like the Aventador and find "conservative" to be the absolute wrong word for Lamborghini. This just feels like they tried too much to do a facelift to what I felt was an already nice facelift.

I agree. The Aventador (and to a MUCH greater extent, the Revonton) was very agressive.

And why they needed to facelift the Gallardo instead of replacing it I will never know.:grumpy:

Back