New Gallardo LP 560-4 is Butt Ugly

5 years ago, you'd have a point. The Aventador is something else & as niky said, it's a perfect blend of toned down Reventon styling & the basic size of the Murcielago.

An Aventador sticks out like a sore thumb in a supercar lineup. All those crazy lines & angles someone was critiquing earlier is unique to the Aventador where as the Murcielago was more round & smooth.

The "bland, boring, and look the same" comment is also rather funny as I doubt most of you were old enough to really appreciate the Diablo era as it aged and that you all mostly grew up alongside the Murcielago generation. If you had been, you'd probably realize they look "the same" is because the cars run through a 10-year cycle & every car since the Countach era has shared the same belt line, side vent, & silhouette.

The body lines of past cars are in the Aventador & it's a unique design within' Lamborghini. I think many of you are merely throwing around certain terms just because; otherwise, it's hard to say this car is boring compared to the Countach when this is the first car since the Countach to receive so much praise on looks alone.

"Wow" was used to describe the Countach when it rolled off the line back in the 70's. "Wow" was the same word used by several journalists when Winkelmann pulled back the cover off this car.

I'm pretty sure the Miura is what defines Lamborghini.

I don't see the new ones as nice as the older generations though....I'm not sure. Just something about the new ones doesn't seem like it's as great as they once were.

For the Muira, maybe for you. It was my personal opinion.

5 years ago, you'd have a point. The Aventador is something else & as niky said, it's a perfect blend of toned down Reventon styling & the basic size of the Murcielago.

An Aventador sticks out like a sore thumb in a supercar lineup. All those crazy lines & angles someone was critiquing earlier is unique to the Aventador where as the Murcielago was more round & smooth.

The "bland, boring, and look the same" comment is also rather funny as I doubt most of you were old enough to really appreciate the Diablo era as it aged and that you all mostly grew up alongside the Murcielago generation. If you had been, you'd probably realize they look "the same" is because the cars run through a 10-year cycle & every car since the Countach era has shared the same belt line, side vent, & silhouette.

The body lines of past cars are in the Aventador & it's a unique design within' Lamborghini. I think many of you are merely throwing around certain terms just because; otherwise, it's hard to say this car is boring compared to the Countach when this is the first car since the Countach to receive so much praise on looks alone.

"Wow" was used to describe the Countach when it rolled off the line back in the 70's. "Wow" was the same word used by several journalists when Winkelmann pulled back the cover off this car.

Actually, I always loved the look of the Murcielago (and still do) whilst I never liked the Diablo much (the last ones looked pretty good though) and dull or bland aren't the words I would use to describe it.
I know it wasn't something new or shocking but it was a well executed further development of the Diablo-concept reintroducing (albeit in a more harmonized and subtle way) some key, angular, design cues Lamborghini was known for before the Diablo (and after the Miura/Espada, etc.) and it paved the way stylistically for the Aventador which takes it to another stage.

As for the wow-factor, the only time I was actually 'wowed' by a Lamborghini (and maybe to an extend not replicated by any car before or since) was when I first laid my eyes on the LM002.
I can actually still visually recall the exact moment (which is rare for me, at least for something car related), I had a subscription to a Dutch car magazine when I was a kid and I'd read they were driving a new Lamborghini 'jeep' (SUV wasn't coined yet) in the next issue.

I anticipated this for a whole week, completely excited and imagining all sorts of futuristic Gandini/Bertone-penned über-4x4's and when I got out of school the day it was due to arrive I actually waited for the postman...
I can still vividly remember pulling off the wrapper and seeing something I wasn't expecting at all, complete disbelief at first (this couldn't be a Lamborghini, they made an editing error surely?) and dumbstruck when I found out it was. :lol:
Soon grew to like it though (and still do for being so absurdly bonkers).

As for this Gallardo facelift, don't like it much, the new elements don't gel very well with the original design and sure don't make it look more modern, just different (which is what happens with a lot with facelifts, even on humans).

They've made a Lamborghini look very boring, in my opinion; trying to "modernize it" by borrowing over-styled cues, manages to make it less attractive, via the subtraction-by-addition method.

Butt-ugly...no, not really; but no longer impressive. I liked the simple, plain designs which harkened back to Lamborghini's 1970's designs, yet a foil to Ferrari's styling (not that there's something wrong with Modena's offerings, but something different in the same category). I couldn't stand the melted-candy Diablo, but enjoyed the Countach (except that "are-you-sure-that's-not-a-dealer-add-on" 25th Anniversary Edition).

While we're at it: When will they finally kill the generic model nomenclature? It sounds like a third-rate turntable manufacturer's model number.

Lamborghini 5-95 by Zagato
Made to celebrate the company's 95th birthday. It's a based on the Gallardo 560-4.
CarScoops
The 5-95 is an official collaboration between Lamborghini and Zagato and it was commissioned by Albert Spiess, who is described as "one of the most significant Lamborghini collectors" in the world, on the occasion of the Italian design firm's 95th birthday (1919 – 2014).

"I always appreciated the ability of Zagato to create timeless lines with a forceful visual impact," said Spiess "I believe that a sensual design inspired by nature, together with the best technology, strike a perfect balance that is possible to achieve only in Italy. The 5-95 will be a fundamental piece of my collection."

Commenting on his company's latest build and the selection of the Gallardo, Andrea Zagato said:

“We have chosen the Gallardo because it is the most sensational project in Lamborghini’s history. An extraordinary car, perfect in engineering terms, that has brought the image of ‘the Bull’ from a ‘cottage industry’ to a worldwide major industrial reality. The Gallardo production figures exceeded the whole Lamborghini production since its foundation.”
CarScoops

Lamborghini-5-95-Zagato_3%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Lamborghini-5-95-Zagato_4%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Lamborghini-5-95-Zagato_2%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Wh.. wha.. what is that colour.

.. and the car... I ....

umm....

Sorry... this is without a doubt the ugliest thing I think I've ever seen being labelled a car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's... different.

It's actually in disbelief over itself.

On the one hand, I'm glad it's not a jagged-edged monstrosity. On the other hand, it's still very important to note that it isn't a jagged-edged monstrosity.

Anyone noticing it looks more like a melted Murcielago than any other Lambo. It's like they took styling ques from their design language 2 generations back rather than the current stuff. Back has an MP412C vibe with Ferrari rear lights.

Okay, enough with the gifs of fake vomit. Fox minus Grapes and all those bad feelings are enough.

It's like a Lancia Stratos had a baby with a Koenigsegg and that baby was adopted and raised by a Lotus Evora and a Spyker C8.

I dig it. 👍

I know Zagato cars sometimes have "challenging" looks, but holy hell that 5-95 is awful. :yuck:

Back