New Gran Turismo 7 "Starting Line" Trailer Reveals More New & Returning Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 608 comments
I've always wondered about that all the time. People always put down a game they don't like just to make their favorite game look superior in comparison. It's not exclusive to GT and Forza tbh. I've seen post all the time about how less serious racing games like GT and Forza aren't good just because they don't simulate enough of the car, like really? Who cares these simcade games exist and popular for a reason, it's for people who just want to casually drive their favorite cars in a video game. It's just elitism really, I cringe so much when I see a post like that.
I really don't think those people are fans of games in general, but more so just one game and then defend it in asinine fashion. There's many different racing games out there, and it's really easy to find something enjoyable about almost all of them. Hell, even Need For Speed with it's terrible physics has a pull because it does things that other games doesn't. If we can get a game with Customization like NFS, a car roster the size of Forza, and a lighting model like GT's than I think that would be heaven sent as long as the physics model somewhere inbetween Forza and GT. For me at least.

If we can get a game with Customization like NFS, a car roster the size of Forza, and a lighting model like GT's than I think that would be heaven sent as long as the physics model somewhere inbetween Forza and GT. For me at least.
That's literally the dream.

I think the lastest video has teased Apricot Hill raceway.
Screenshot_20211102-123630_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I’m not convinced we’re getting a beta for 7. Wasn’t the beta for Sport to test the servers? I’m sure PD got enough info from that plus the info accrued from Sports life so far means it’s not really necessary. I am happy to be proved wrong though!
There wasn't another entire console in the picture for that game though. A beta for this game is more crucial than Sport's was in my opinion.

I’m not convinced we’re getting a beta for 7. Wasn’t the beta for Sport to test the servers? I’m sure PD got enough info from that plus the info accrued from Sports life so far means it’s not really necessary. I am happy to be proved wrong though!
It was to test servers, but they opened up most of the rest of the game in the last stage.

Wish they would stop using Scapes to show the game off. Otherwise it's missleading for the potential buyers and they except this Environments both in terms of content and graphic.
Scapes and Dynamic Scapes are a feature of the game. We will find in the game exactly what is being shown.

What we could call "misleading" are the cinematic ones. I never liked them. Since GT5 I was always thinking that they could make a presentation with only the real images of the replays, which were always fantastic.

Last edited:
Scapes and Dynamic Scapes are a feature of the game. We will find in the game exactly what is being shown.

What we could call "misleading" are the cinematic ones. I never liked them. Since GT5 I was always thinking that they could make a presentation with only the real images of the replays, which were always fantastic.
Thats right, but the not so informed User could think, that the scape szenes are showing gameplay graphic.

That this grade of graphic is possible, showed us the impressive Unreal 5 Engine Demo last year.

A Gran Turismo with the Graphic Fidelity of the Scape Mode would be a Dream. :bowdown:

Thats right, but the not so informed User could think, that the scape szenes are showing gameplay graphic.

That this grade of graphic is possible, showed us the impressive Unreal 5 Engine Demo last year.

A Gran Turismo with the Graphic Fidelity of the Scape Mode would be a Dream. :bowdown:
Let me insist, when we put our cars in Dynamic Scapes, we are playing the game. When we are watching the replay, we are playing the game. And obviously when we're driving a car we're playing the game.

See my case. I bought my first video game - PS2 - and Gran Turismo 4 JUST to watch the cars spinning in the dealerships :lol: (because I've always been a car enthusiast, but I didn't play video games. Then I got interested in learning to drive).

Gameplay is a wide range of things. ;)

Let me insist, when we put our cars in Dynamic Scapes, we are playing the game. When we are watching the replay, we are playing the game. And obviously when we're driving a car we're playing the game.

See my case. I bought my first video game - PS2 - and Gran Turismo 4 JUST to watch the cars spinning in the dealerships :lol: (because I've always been a car enthusiast, but I didn't play video games. Then I got interested in learning to drive).

Gameplay is a wide range of things. ;)
Ok i get your point :)
I remember the time, where i watched the replays from GT3 and was blown away from the "photorealistic" graphics :cheers:

Ok i get your point :)
I remember the time, where i watched the replays from GT3 and was blown away from the "photorealistic" graphics :cheers:
And I quite fondly remember in 1998 when playing GT1 for the first time how realistic it was. :D ah, Gran Turismo, how you have evolved. I’m so psyched for this game! Haven’t gotten around to pre-order yet though.

Also, hi guys. Been lurking in the shadows for a while. :lol:

And I quite fondly remember in 1998 when playing GT1 for the first time how realistic it was. :D ah, Gran Turismo, how you have evolved. I’m so psyched for this game! Haven’t gotten around to pre-order yet though.

Also, hi guys. Been lurking in the shadows for a while. :lol:
i always remember going from GT2 on PS1 to GT3 on PS2 and couldn’t imagine (at that time anyway) it getting much better! 😂

Hello again, I think.

----
The issue with the recent trailer is that it once again didn't show much. I think Kaz forgot that the point of a "behind the scenes" video is to show a lot of things that have been going on. Not giving general statements.
Indeed, the BTS naming is a bit odd. There is nothing BTS in these videos, it's just Kaz talking with regular game footage in the background. I'd expect a BTS video to show footage from the studio of the game being developed, debug screens, car and track models in progress, showing how they make scapes, etc.

Mix up in communication perhaps.

I really don't think those people are fans of games in general, but more so just one game and then defend it in asinine fashion. There's many different racing games out there, and it's really easy to find something enjoyable about almost all of them. Hell, even Need For Speed with it's terrible physics has a pull because it does things that other games doesn't. If we can get a game with Customization like NFS, a car roster the size of Forza, and a lighting model like GT's than I think that would be heaven sent as long as the physics model somewhere inbetween Forza and GT. For me at least.
What does "Physics inbetween Forza and GT" mean? Honest question, never played Forza Motorsport (assuming you where talking about Motorsport) and thought they were considered on an comparable level and in a comparable direction.

What does "Physics inbetween Forza and GT" mean? Honest question, never played Forza Motorsport (assuming you where talking about Motorsport) and thought they were considered on an comparable level and in a comparable direction.
You actually understood what I meant, you're good.

They're both extremely similar enough, even though they may simulate some things slightly different or things that the other doesn't, that they can be used interchangeably for me. That's exactly how they were developed too, to cover that middle ground of simulations - Above games like Forza Horizon and NFS, but obviously lower in the spectrum to games like ACC and those on the higher end.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty clear why we're getting all these GT7 videos.....Forza Horizon 5 is out on the 9/11 (5/11 for those of us getting the premium edition). It's counter programming, pure and simple. Once FH5 is out I'd expect the release of new GT7 clips to slow down until the New Year.

I wonder when they'll release a trailer for the Career mode. That's the one I'm curious about the most

I think it's pretty clear why we're getting all these GT7 videos.....Forza Horizon 5 is out on the 9/11 (5/11 for those of us getting the premium edition). It's counter programming, pure and simple. Once FH5 is out I'd expect the release of new GT7 clips to slow down until the New Year.
I really doubt they care about an arcadey open-world racer that is so unlike GT. If it was the new Motorsport, instead, then maybe.

Um... I think I'm gonna go with some people and say that this is leading up to a public beta. Or it's just some early marketing. Either one.

I really doubt they care about an arcadey open-world racer that is so unlike GT. If it was the new Motorsport, instead, then maybe.

Um... I think I'm gonna go with some people and say that this is leading up to a public beta. Or it's just some early marketing. Either one
What’s wrong with a castrol, repsol, marlboro, mild seven, race car?

What’s wrong with a castrol, repsol, marlboro, mild seven, race car?
Everything. Everything is wrong with them. (see avatar)

I actually created a marlboro livery once but it never gained traction. I really hope they improve the search engine/results. I can also only hope that they allow more tags. Three is not enough.

Last edited:
I wonder when they'll release a trailer for the Career mode. That's the one I'm curious about the most
They might, but based on the past videos; I'm guessing it'll just show things we've seen already. Just some menus and more of Kaz giving general statements.

Back