New Gran Turismo 7 "Starting Line" Trailer Reveals More New & Returning Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 608 comments
Do we know which C4 Corvette that was in the most recent trailer? I don’t think it was a ZR1, was it?
And liveries with multiple conflicting sponsor logos that put my sports-marketing-OCD into hyperdrive...
Agreed. In GTS, I’ll even take a look at the car’s flavor text to make sure I don’t miss any parts suppliers like Bosch. I’ll also examine the brake calipers, and apply the appropriate sticker - the same applies for any seat belts or seats that may have a supplier’s name/logo on them, like Sabelt or Recaro, respectively.

Otherwise, I like using stickers (and parts) that are official FIAGTC partners, like BBS wheels, Michelin, and Brembo. I’ll also use stickers that are used for my racing gear, namely Puma and Arai. I’ll even use previous partners’ stickers like TAG-Heuer, especially since that wouldn’t conflict with the others, being a watchmaker.

(I do wonder who the official timekeeper will be for GT7, though. Will TAG-Heuer renew its contract? Or could even Seiko return? I’d love for Citizen to be it, as I wear one of their watches myself. It’d be insane if Rolex ended up being the timekeeper, even with their sponsorship of other major motorsport series and events, like the Daytona 24h.)

Last edited:
@MIE1992 Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90

gt7-corvette-screenshot-png.1091761

I like how Kaz says in the latest video that he's surprised by the creativity of the players. I'd love to know his opinion on all those attention seeking samabus followers liveries.
For the social/community side of things come GT7, here’s hoping for an option to ignore and/or block certain players. There are some people I really can’t stand flooding my activity feed even though I’m not even following them, because of reposts.

For the social/community side of things come GT7, here’s hoping for an option to ignore and/or block certain players. There are some people I really can’t stand flooding my activity feed even though I’m not even following them, because of reposts.
This would be a good feature! Can’t stand all these anime liveries!

For the social/community side of things come GT7, here’s hoping for an option to ignore and/or block certain players.
I think the social side needs a complete rethink anyway.

They should not make people 'like' liveries as an achievement, it's stupid. I'd almost be happy if they did away with likes completely, I'd much rather know when someone has actually used a livery or decal... I think that'd give creators more satisfaction.

After the BTS trailers...

The Starting Line
Racer
Collector
Livery
Scapes (4th November 2021)

I expect two more:
Competition, for online races whether in Sport or Lobby.
Community or Social, as you can see liverys of other persons, create and share, follow and like other peoples work.

They can do BTS trailer for...
tuning,
Scapes (already published)
nostalgy as used car dealership and very nostalgic cars are in the game.

The hype is real. I hope they won't do a mistake like the collector-livery fail again. Second point is we can much more new information about tracks and cars next time.
I really would like to see one dedicated to VR.

How do you know?
Because if they gave your pad a 1:1 steering ratio like with wheels than it would be really really difficult for the average person. They do this in order to make the game massively accessible to even the newest of gamers. That's why Pcars 1/2 and AC have such a different feel, because they don't add any dampeners like Forza and GT does.

Yeah... This one wasn’t all that informative unless you never played or looked into the feature set of GTS, but it seems like we’re gonna be getting one of these mini videos once or twice a week. Hopefully they detail something new like weather, campaign, PP/class system soon.

Because if they gave your pad a 1:1 steering ratio like with wheels than it would be really really difficult for the average person. They do this in order to make the game massively accessible to even the newest of gamers. That's why Pcars 1/2 and AC have such a different feel, because they don't add any dampeners like Forza and GT does.
Yeah but the great thing about Assetto Corsa and Project Cars is that you can adjust the parameters yourself. I like it better that way because I can get the steering to work exactly as I want it to.

How do you know?
Because on PC you can map your gamepad to directly control a car in a simulator, just like a steering wheel. It's possible to drive like this, but it's incredibly hard. Like, unbelievably hard. I did a whole lap of Laguna Seca without going off with a controller like this once just to see if I could. It took me half an hour to learn how to do it, and while it was an achievement it was also ****ing awful. It would be immediately noticeable if a racing game had no filtering and assists on it's controls.

Given this one would strongly suspect that there's filtering and assists on the gamepad in Gran Turismo. So you can go looking for it. And you'll find that the gamepad will simply smooth out a lot of the more violent inputs. Going from no steering angle to full left lock in a tenth of a second should be incredibly upsetting for most cars, but in the game they just deal with it because the pad filtering assumes that you don't want to go to full lock instantly, you want to go as fast as is reasonable without upsetting the car. The game knows that you have limited ability to have fine feel and adjustment on countersteering, so it helps you out as long as you make the effort to countersteer in a roughly correct way. When you're at high speed it assumes that your steering inputs will be much smaller than if you're at low speed. And so on and so on. You can test most of this stuff in-game yourself.

It's all very sensible and all very necessary to have a game that can be played by the average person who doesn't have incredible fine motor control. But it is assists, because the vast majority of gamepad players need assistance to be able to play in a way that isn't frustrating. It's not even so much about keeping up with wheel players as much as it is making the game fun to play. It's not fun if you spin the car every time you twitch the control stick a millimeter too far.

The filter to help pad users in those games you guys mention is "linerarity". If you remove it, then the stick movement becomes 1:1 with a wheel, making it kinda hard to control your car in games where precision is key, aspahlt/track racing games, but also giving you total control in other games like Dirt rally2, where disabling linerity completely makes you twice as fast, and makes the car way more easy to control in both high speed sectors and technical.

It lways depends on the game. Project Cars with a controller feels just that bad with either linearity or without it, and that's because the game was not designed to be played with a pad. Just that simple.

even in live for speed and and other same more dedicated sims i would keep some linerarity settings to get the control comfortable, i dont see the point of a 1:1 input for pad users, even for gyro pads like in gt sport.
but anyway, a fully customisable setting for all inputs would be super welcomed.

Yeah but the great thing about Assetto Corsa and Project Cars is that you can adjust the parameters yourself. I like it better that way because I can get the steering to work exactly as I want it to.
I don't mind either way.

The filter to help pad users in those games you guys mention is "linerarity". If you remove it, then the stick movement becomes 1:1 with a wheel, making it kinda hard to control your car in games where precision is key, aspahlt/track racing games, but also giving you total control in other games like Dirt rally2, where disabling linerity completely makes you twice as fast, and makes the car way more easy to control in both high speed sectors and technical.

It lways depends on the game. Project Cars with a controller feels just that bad with either linearity or without it, and that's because the game was not designed to be played with a pad. Just that simple.

Isn't it fully adjustable in Codemasters' games?

I don't think Mileage Exchange isn't going anywhere, there's signs they're still used for obtaining certain decals in the previous trailer that showed the new livery editor menus.

Next week there will be last two clips in Emglish version on official GT Youtube. Tuning and Tracks.
At 14th November is the series, I think we can await a new trailer then and the behind the scenes is ober this time.

As I understand it, it would be a good end for marketing before they will present the next things.

Well, that's their second scheduling mess up in a short time frame. What is happening over there at PD's PR department (or who ever handles this stuff)?

Well, that's their second scheduling mess up in a short time frame. What is happening over there at PD's PR department (or who ever handles this stuff)?
These videos are not that important. At the end, it's just Kaz speaking with some old/new footage. It's not a new trailer like the one at the playstation conference last September or something about the future features like PSVR2.

The mileage exchange system wasn't a bad idea to me. That way you don't spend our always short money! 😁
What i really dont like in gt sport, and i hope they dont use it on GT7, is the way you purchase the painting colors. Its almost impossible get the one you are chasing for
Just buy all the colours each time they change, don’t wait for specific colours, it doesn’t take long before you have them all.

Back