New Gran Turismo 7 "Starting Line" Trailer Reveals More New & Returning Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 608 comments
They're likely not going to get into anything big until next year, any promo now is going to be lost in the Holiday release hysteria.

They're likely not going to get into anything big until next year, any promo now is going to be lost in the Holiday release hysteria.
Ghost of Tsushima was almost radio silent until TLoU2 released. After that, there was weekly blog posts. If I remember correctly, that is.

It's going to be strange to see them pushing both HFW and GT7 at the same time. To be honest, I still expect a bit of a delay.

I really doubt they care about an arcadey open-world racer that is so unlike GT. If it was the new Motorsport, instead, then maybe.

Um... I think I'm gonna go with some people and say that this is leading up to a public beta. Or it's just some early marketing. Either one.
Regardless of where FH5 sits on the Arcade to Sim spectrum, it'll still be a big seller and I think therefore by default it's competing with GT7 for the general public's consumer dollar - as opposed to the dollars of people like us in this sort of forum. I think it's a good strategy to put out weekly videos when the opposing console is about to release a sim-lite racing game. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks if we're still getting these short videos.

With regards to a public beta, I would have thought it was a bit early for one of those given the release date is still four months away - late Jan 2022 would be my bet if they did one at all. That would still give them time to fix any niggles we find - they're not going to let us play a build of the game that doesn't have the graphics or the handling up to scratch so a beta would only be to test functionality and the online services in my opinion.

Interesting and exciting times ahead....if only I can get hold a PS5 before March Lol

With regards to a public beta, I would have thought it was a bit early for one of those given the release date is still four months away -
Early betas are not exactly unheard of, though, as there's been a few this past gen. Destiny had one, Stranger of Paradise just had two this year alone, Halo Infinite had a few tech "previews" as well, and of course, GT Sport had two. A long one, and then a shorter, more content-filled one.

So yeah, not out of the question, really.

I really doubt they care about an arcadey open-world racer that is so unlike GT. If it was the new Motorsport, instead, then maybe.
They might not but they probably should. The overlap in customers who want a fun, casual friendly, vaguely realistic driving game with a lot of real cars that allows substantial modification is pretty wide. I'd say that pretty much everyone who enjoys either Forza Horizon or Gran Turismo at least wouldn't have a bad time playing the other.

Horizon may be arcadey in some respects, but in the way it drives it's a lot closer to GT than it is to NFS.

Everything. Everything is wrong with them. (see avatar)

I actually created a marlboro livery once but it never gained traction. I really hope they improve the search engine/results. I can also only hope that they allow more tags. Three is not enough.
I also hope the "there is no older content" issue gets fixed. Was looking for a livery Valerio Gallo was using on his M3 GT (the Ray Kreiger livery) and didn't find more than 10 results for each tag alone. For reference, I used nfs, prostreet, and needforspeed, each in their own seperate searches.

This was a week before debut.

Might not see the whole car list til mid February. Can’t recall any other GT game explaining the different classes of cars. It was just buy one and browse the menus.
For GT7, they’ll know about people that have played the game before, but for new players, would PD need to explain the PP system?Seems we’ll have a few guides as we open up menus, but would new players even care? Maybe back to the old just buy a car and explore.

I hope the livery editor is more than optically optimized. We can see in the trailers it looks different to GT Sport.
We have the option to search decals without leaving the editor tool.
We can add decals to windows on the car, for what I remind now.

The livery editor is something I found last year and I do it for being creative and have individually cars no other one has. So I hope much, that the new editor tool is much better and we have more options we didn't see yet.

After the BTS trailers...

The Starting Line
Racer
Collector
Livery
Scapes (4th November 2021)

I expect two more:
Competition, for online races whether in Sport or Lobby.
Community or Social, as you can see liverys of other persons, create and share, follow and like other peoples work.

They can do BTS trailer for...
tuning,
Scapes (already published)
nostalgy as used car dealership and very nostalgic cars are in the game.

The hype is real. I hope they won't do a mistake like the collector-livery fail again. Second point is we can much more new information about tracks and cars next time.

Last edited:
After the BTS trailers...

The Starting Line
Racer
Collector
Livery

I expect two more:
Competition, for online races whether in Sport or Lobby.
Community or Social, as you can see liverys of other persons, create and share, follow and like other peoples work.

They can do BTS trailer for...
tuning,
scapes,
nostalgy as used car dealership and very nostalgic cars are in the game.

The hype is real. I hope they won't do a mistake like the collector-livery fail again. Second point is we can much more new information about tracks and cars next time.
I have a feeling they'll do Tuner, Scapes, Arcade and maybe even Past, Present and Future.

I would just like to see new content overall. Like new cars and maybe an in-game look Deep Forest, or a full reveal/confirmation on what those lines the the latest trailers represent. Wouldn't mind seeing tuning also, but to a different extent to what we've seen yet. Maybe show a different car being tuned, instead of the NSX or Supra. Maybe show off the widebody feature, or how the roll cages will be applied.

Was reading over Kaz interviews from various sites. This bit is cool:

Real life racetracks have been closed and the opportunity to go for long drives isn't quite there as it used to be. I wonder if you've been able to enjoy real life driving while all this happened, and whether you've been able to keep your love of cars alive somehow.

Kazunori Yamauchi:
Actually, COVID gave me an opportunity to drive my cars more. I still drive on the Tokyo Expressway every night in my Porsche GT3.

Here's another interesting thing:
On PlayStation 5 there's the DualSense controller as well. How are you going about implementing that?

Kazunori Yamauchi:
Things like using the adaptive triggers for recreating the vibrations to the ABS when it's working - gimmicks like that is one thing. What's more important to me is the precision of the controls that the new controller allows. Before there were things that you could only really do with a steering wheel controller, but now you should be able to do everything that you can do on a steering wheel controller with a DualSense controller.
I hope this is true because I've struggled with tyre wear compared to wheel users; more so after the horrible physics update.

Last edited:
Hope they make it feel a bit like GT5 did with a pad. That game felt super direct and precise while using a controller, and I felt like I could be just as fast as I could with a wheel. As for GT Sport, I've never felt at such as a disadvantage using a controller. Some vehicles are even undriveable... (like the karts)

I like how Kaz says in the latest video that he's surprised by the creativity of the players. I'd love to know his opinion on all those attention seeking samabus followers liveries.

I like how Kaz says in the latest video that he's surprised by the creativity of the players. I'd love to know his opinion on all those attention seeking samabus followers liveries.
Like what I said before, gotta said that not having an occupation in a prestigious company or anything comparable doesn't necessarily make one inherently worse than those who do, or that they know nothing. I think that those kind of people, transformative fans, have what it takes albeit only in idea, but not necessarily about the computing skills to realize those, and those people are ordinary citizens without a reputation to name (or huge number of suggestions too) so they can get overlooked more by companies or such. Don't know if this relates, but I think an example is how most of game's adaptations like movies are done by companies with no passion regarding the media, making them a terrible adaptation, while transformative fans (can be those who make fanarts, or well-received fanfics, etc.) will probably handle it better due to their passion, but don't have the publicity or occupation for that. making them more overlooked.

Hope they make it feel a bit like GT5 did with a pad. That game felt super direct and precise while using a controller, and I felt like I could be just as fast as I could with a wheel. As for GT Sport, I've never felt at such as a disadvantage using a controller. Some vehicles are even undriveable... (like the karts)
More complex the physics become more difficult it's to make the game enjoyable with a pad (look at Assetto Corsa for example) so i think on GT7 wheel users will have even bigger advantage than on GTS (unless they activate a ton of invisible driving assist when you are playing with a pad so to reduce the gap)

i know scapes isn' a big part of the game and i def spent a few hours in scapes in GTsport. the one thing i was hoping to see in scapes this time around was adding your own pictures of scenery etc and placing gt cars in them. imagine taking a pic of your driveway and placing your dream car on it.

understand this would be tough but thinking with AI etc uploading an image to be a scapes would be the ultimate goal for me. for now happy to see more locations making into the game. am from toronto and would love to see some spots known around the city for cool pics of your car.

More complex the physics become more difficult it's to make the game enjoyable with a pad (look at Assetto Corsa for example) so i think on GT7 wheel users will have even bigger advantage than on GTS (unless they activate a ton of invisible driving assist when you are playing with a pad so to reduce the gap)
That's more likely due to pad optimization, not complex physics. They made it as raw as possible, that's the problem, that's what you don't see in games like GT and Forza because they put pad optimization first and foremost, inputting dampeners on the input to smooth it out instead of making it 1:1 steering ratios.

As for your last sentence, yes, GT always inputs invisible driving assists for pad users, and always has.

Last edited:
Back