New Gran Turismo 7 Video Details PS5 Improvements, Reveals New Cars & Teases Daytona Road Course

• Thread starter Famine
  • 261 comments
I know it's still just under two months away but leaving aside Daytona, when are we going to start finding out about what new cars will be included?

I know it's still just under two months away but leaving aside Daytona, when are we going to start finding out about what new cars will be included?
The GT Sport car classes and full car list, we’re released one month before release. We’ll see.

By this I hope they'll give us in a form of a patch like GTS's a 10-car Nascar pack (for free). That would be great with additional themed races too to the campaign or championship races.

Anyone else looking forward to seeing if there's any new PD-designed race liveries? They created some decent efforts in Sport, and I find it's one of their underrated talents.

We know the game will end up with new content.
Do we? When did they announce what all the DLC would be? What if they just continue adding past tracks?

New cars are confirmed obviously, but little else of newness is in terms of content and gameplay.

The official website for the game currently promises:

• Return of GT Mode
  • Car collecting
  • Car tuning
  • Livery Editor
  • Legendary Circuits (None of which are new, so far)
  • Variable time and weather
  • Scapes
...and that's it. Nothing you could slap a [new] sticker next to. Hopefully that changes in the next 6 weeks.

It's weird how some people see new cars in a racing game as a given and it'd be madness if there weren't any new ones (quite rightly) but seemingly new tracks, nope, not needed according to some. We can wait for updates when they may or may not arrive. Bizarre.

Last edited:
🏁 🏎️ 🚙 🚗🚕 🚕 🚗 🚕🚙 🚗 🚗 🚙 🚕 🚗

Perfect, work in progress...
Despite the fact, I will not see Tokyo R246 and Côte d'Azur in GT7, the game has a good track selection.

I think the picture is becoming clearer that GT Sport's rather impressive post-launch content was in many ways a 'two birds with one stone' thing, because it enabled PD to develop GT7 and provide content towards GTS simultaneously, which is why GT7 is just kinda looking like 'GT Sport plus' at the minute.

Providing those car and track updates did soften the blow for fans irritated by the rather spartan content in GTS at launch...but the flipside is that it seems highly likely that GT7 will just be akin to a large expansion pack to GTS. Given the franchise's pedigree (if somewhat mixed in the last 5-10 years), I think it's more than reasonable for fans to be underwhelmed by that. However, at the very least we can expect that car list to bump up another 50+ over the post-launch development window, and no doubt a few tracks to boot.

We'll just have to wait for something more substantial I guess -- I hope PD will release something more concrete on the content ahead of the rumoured State of Play demonstration in early February.

Last edited:
Well if PD aren't going to offer anything substantially new when they sell their game at launch for £50 then I'll wait until they do add something and buy it then, at a much lower cost. That's what all the people who keep suggesting we wait for post-launch updates mean, right?

Well if PD aren't going to offer anything substantially new when they sell their game at launch for £50 then I'll wait until they do add something and buy it then, at a much lower cost. That's what all the people who keep suggesting we wait for post-launch updates mean, right?
Ok
🤷‍♀️

Kaz tweets using his own account.
Tell Me More And Then What GIF by The Dungeon Run

Pretty much. I mean, it's actually hard to recall just how minimal GT Sport was at launch, but...it really was, and not worth it at launch (I believe it was released at full game rrp at launch?).

However it's all just speculation for now so we'll just have to wait and see what the final product is shaping up to be when put on full display.

Honest question. How many times are you going to argue with people on subjects they demonstrably know more about than you do before you realise it's not a good idea?
I'm not sure what your problem is with me but it's true that Kaz makes tweets from his own account. I wasn't arguing but adding to the conversation.

Everyone worried about content, should not worry... its a game as a service, I think the bigger concern down the line will be how much this animal will eat of the meagre PS5 drive space... Might be a real consideration whether you want gigabytes of scapes this time...

Of all the things I've said about GT on here I genuinely didn't expect "I hope this new racing game has some new tracks when it launches" to be something attacked so strongly. I thought that would be expected from everyone, but apparently not.

Everyone worried about content, should not worry... its a game as a service, I think the bigger concern down the line will be how much this animal will eat of the meagre PS5 drive space... Might be a real consideration whether you want gigabytes of scapes this time...
Where did PD say GT7 is a game as a service?

Last edited:
Of all the things I've said about GT on here I genuinely didn't expect "I hope this new racing game has some new tracks when it launches" to be something attacked so strongly. I thought that would be expected from everyone, but apparently not.

Where did PD say GT7 is a game as a service?
When interviewed Kaz said there will be similar post launch content to Sport.

"Gran Turismo Sport provided the foundations for the last generation of the series on PS4, and was something you built upon. In a similar way, is GT7 going to be the foundation for this next generation, and how do you intend to build upon it?"

Kazunori Yamauchi: You're absolutely right in saying that GT7 will be something that will progress based on the progression of the PS5 platform. What we will obviously do is add more tracks and more cars as we go along as well. But in terms of the features, there are still some features that we've had in the past titles that still haven't made a comeback yet. That's something that we would like to do. And we also have other ideas on top of that, as well, but it's still too early to start talking about that yet.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what your problem is with me
I've already explained that.
but it's true that Kaz makes tweets from his own account.
Common knowledge is common knowledge
I wasn't arguing but adding to the conversation.
No, you posted an irrelevant piece of information as if it were a rebuttal. It in no way added anything of value or substance to a conversation about a 3rd party companies tweet on behalf of Sony.

which @Famine quite succinctly addressed with this

Soon we all will celebrate GT7. What a franchise!
Heck yeah, buddy. The modifications available seem far more robust than in the past. I can't wait to dig in and make a racing super machine out of a commuter car like in the days of yore! 😍

I've already explained that.

Common knowledge is common knowledge

No, you posted an irrelevant piece of information as if it were a rebuttal. It in no way added anything of value or substance to a conversation about a 3rd party companies tweet on behalf of Sony.

which @Famine quite succinctly addressed with this

I'm enjoying this though, quite a lot. I woulda pulled the plug on the account a long while ago.

Back