New Gran Turismo 7 Video Details PS5 Improvements, Reveals New Cars & Teases Daytona Road Course

• Thread starter Famine
  • 261 comments
I've been waiting since the first GT for the popping to be eliminated in each generational jump of GT. And although there has been progress, as we are increasing the resolution, the popping that would go unnoticed in other generations is quite noticeable in the new standards, so I keep waiting. Personally I would change a bit of quality in the assets for a more stable environment.
The popping is noticeable both in geometry and in cascades of shadows and is especially noticeable in the rear-view camera.
The 30fps of the replay also stands out a lot next to the framerate of the gameplay. Perhaps they could offer a Ratchet & Clank-style 40fps mode.

sadly those trailers just dont show what GT7 will be about for me at least and hopefully for most others too.. it will be about what GT2 , GT4 was about , buying all those mx5, rx7 , all those nissans mitsus and hondas from 80-90's . thats what i will do in game . not what they show in trailer at all. i hope i wont need like ever play with those cars.

I've been waiting since the first GT for the popping to be eliminated in each generational jump of GT. And although there has been progress, as we are increasing the resolution, the popping that would go unnoticed in other generations is quite noticeable in the new standards, so I keep waiting. Personally I would change a bit of quality in the assets for a more stable environment.
The popping is noticeable both in geometry and in cascades of shadows and is especially noticeable in the rear-view camera.
The 30fps of the replay also stands out a lot next to the framerate of the gameplay. Perhaps they could offer a Ratchet & Clank-style 40fps mode.
The replays are ray traced that's why it's running at 30fps. It's not the best track condition to showcase ray tracing though.

I'll be really disappointed if they put a 20 cars limit on track in GT7. Endurance races will feel really empty, it needs at least 30 cars.

A bit disappointing to see older GT cars in there. I’m hoping we get the C8.R and new Vantage GT3, but so far none have appeared in video footage. The car liveries are interesting. Hopefully this means we get more real life liveries.

They finally added motion blur to the Cockpit cam. Looks more realistic and nice sense of speed. I remember being always attacked for demanding since GT5 it as its "unrealistic". Which its obviously not. It was just not technically possible back then at 60fps.

The replays are ray traced that's why it's running at 30fps. It's not the best track condition to showcase ray tracing though.
If I remember correctly, its only scapes mode that will have ray tracing.

If I remember correctly, its only scapes mode that will have ray tracing.
1.png

Replays do too, you can see the wing being reflected on the car, same with the mirror, you can see the car in the reflection.

The pop in compared to GT Sport is basically non-existent. I didn't notice any whereas in Sport it's all I see.

it will be about what GT2 , GT4 was about , buying all those mx5, rx7 , all those nissans mitsus and hondas from 80-90's . thats what i will do in game . not what they show in trailer at all.
I'm not sure where you're coming from here? Used cars were confirmed as early as June 2020

E-32QYlXoAIpP1t.jpeg

playing on a pad give you so many aids its a different game, more like mariokart.
People won't take you seriously with takes like these

Why not? Its true isnt it? You cant have an opinion about vehicle dynamics in "the real driving simulator" if you are "driving" on a pad. Ive played on pad, have nothing against it, but the difference between pad and wheel is huge, even if the wheel implementation still is a bit dodgy. I mean ive had my drivers license for 13 years, never ever have i seen a car with a DS4 in the drivers seat.
My friend everyone cannot drive with a wheel for multiple reason, finance, space, practically etc. Even if the difference is huge huge who cares. It’s their game play it how you play it. I also agree with you it is a big difference but I just wouldn’t make it seem like controller users are beneath wheel users. GTS was great on a controller for me and held me down til I got my wheel.

Why not? Its true isnt it? You cant have an opinion about vehicle dynamics in "the real driving simulator" if you are "driving" on a pad. Ive played on pad, have nothing against it, but the difference between pad and wheel is huge, even if the wheel implementation still is a bit dodgy. I mean ive had my drivers license for 13 years, never ever have i seen a car with a DS4 in the drivers seat.

Ok…. So why can’t a pad player have an opinion on it? Sounds like gatekeeping to a market that’s trying to be accessible to all.

Can you still tell if a car is understeering or oversteering on a pad? Yes you can

THIS.

Im afraid gt7 will be the end of PD if thats the case, and so far it looks like it... I really hope im wrong but if it turns out a dissapointment then i guess forza or AC will be an alternative. Physics-wise gt sport is trash anyways, the ffb is wierd. They should look at acc, iracing and rbr ngp6 for physics... Gamepad players wouldnt care, but then again, playing on a pad give you so many aids its a different game, more like mariokart.
GT is a huge brand it will never die. Even if Kaz gets bored making Gran Turismo Sony will continue making one for Playstation.

You cant have an opinion about vehicle dynamics in "the real driving simulator" if you are "driving" on a pad.
You should say that to the players that managed to get through the GT World Tour/FIA Championship esports series whilst playing on a controller - I'm sure some of the fastest GT drivers in the world won't see an issue with your statement

I really thought the racing game community had gotten past gatekeeping a players choice of input...

Last edited:
"The real driving simulator" is just a slogan , i do not expect it to feel the exact same way as driving in real life, after all i don't remember growing wings after drinking a red bull. Also it is a console game , so the primary focus is on the controller, the idea of them relying that everyone would just go buy a wheel to be even able to play their game is ridiculous.

Latest Posts

Back