New Gran Turismo Partnership to be Revealed at New York Event

I can see how Formula E would be attractive to Gran Turismo and PD. FE partnership, special guest Agag or Vergne, adding 5 cars with varying power trains and the New York ePrix circuit.

Wishful? :D
I don’t think that’s wishful. It would make sense after all, seeing as Kazunori Yamauichi (GT Daddy) has been quite enjoying FE lately (and I think it would be pretty cool to have Formula E in a proper Simulator rather than Forza or *shudders* Real Racing 3)

- IndyCar
- Formula E because Kaz have tease something in the Past, and TAG Heuer is the sponsor of both company i think
- RedBull
- WEC (but i think they have a contract with GTR3)

I think something to note about Formula E is that not only does Kaz want to bring it into the series, but Brooklyn has a Formula E street circuit, too. IMO I'd love more city courses, even if Tokyo Expressway has grown on me over time. Especially if they may use the same locales, but were re-designed around the real-world cities changing, and/or the fact that they may've only been designed for so many cars to be on-track at once, and even so, they may be designed in that cars of a lower tier were the best cars to use on those layouts before things get too chaotic. Also to note is that some of the city courses from GT4 eventually had real-world layouts within Formula E, including Hong Kong for one example. (Speaking of East Asian islands, I'd love the Macau GP circuit, too.)

(Another note: I think the courses that were limited to two cars in GT4, like Citti di Aria, should be remade as point-to-point time attack stages, rather than attempting to be circuits. I'm tempted to say the same of almost all dirt/snow courses from prior games, as well, other than the Ice Track if it were to return from GT4.)

On this note, I think in Sport Mode, and on PD's end, there should be a "bible" for what courses and car combinations are ideal, without restricting the options for player-made races too much within lobbies, aside from more extreme cases like only permitting karts on the Karting Space circuit. This "bible" could be mostly based on realistic combinations and/or what real-world courses the original courses are meant to emulate in their design, but they wouldn't be solely and strictly adherent to the combinations seen in reality, either. So for example, I'd have this "bible" typically have events involving the Nordschleife be limited cars up to Gr.3, much like real life. And since Super GT/Super Formula races are largely held on Japanese courses with some other East Asian courses like in Malaysia, I'd have the respective cars in GT be typically hosted on both the real-world tracks like Suzuka and Fuji, but also the made-for-game courses both set in Japan and East Asia as a whole, such as Kyoto Driving Park, Tokyo Expressway, the Special Stage courses sans Route X (as Route X is set in the USA), and Tokyo Route 246. Ideally, there would be a variety of locations for each car, so if there were a championship for both Super GT500 and Super Formula, neither would have both Tokyo Route 246 and Tokyo Expressway, but one may have the other. But not all courses in East Asia would be eligible, either, including much smaller layouts like Suzuka East, Kyoto Miyabi, and Tsukuba Circuit.

Last edited:
They're going to make a deal with Boeing to upgrade the helicopters that fly above the tracks, to the AH-64 Apache.

They will play the pivotal role in the new penalty system. :scared:

RNLAF_AH-64_Apache_at_the_Oirschotse_Heide_Low_Flying_Area_%2836570605232%29.jpg

There's either 2 outcomes:

-Red Bull alongside Honda and Verstappen to bring the RB15 or 14 to GTS
-Formula E

Or its just some random manufacter exclusivity

I don't think it will be a manufacturer as it will be a bit weird in the middle of the year, and Toyota is already a partner? Unless it's BMW then potentially that might work but I don't see it being a manufacturer.

If I was to guess anything and @GOTMAXPOWER mentioned this my top bet would be the W Series. The whole point of GT Sport is "Driving is for everyone" yet we've not had 1 single female competitor to a world tour. With that kind of partnership then offer a W eSeries and see about increasing participation.

I have no idea either before someone thinks I have inside information haha! I'm not going to New York (Working at a college and enrolment week, "Hello darkness my old friend"). But my bet would be the W Series.

maybe the partnership with an individual driver will be with David Perel. He's been hanging around the World Tour events recently.

Events? Plural? I know he was at Nurb but I don't think hanging out at the GTS event was his first choice though; there was a problem with his racing licence (not being issued) so he went to check out the GTS event. I'm not saying you're wrong but if there is anyone that Kaz isn't going to turn away (and maybe see an opportunity) its going to be an actual racing driver.

Could it be Super GT

upload_2019-8-17_19-15-12.png

I don't think it will be a manufacturer as it will be a bit weird in the middle of the year, and Toyota is already a partner? Unless it's BMW then potentially that might work but I don't see it being a manufacturer.

If I was to guess anything and @GOTMAXPOWER mentioned this my top bet would be the W Series. The whole point of GT Sport is "Driving is for everyone" yet we've not had 1 single female competitor to a world tour. With that kind of partnership then offer a W eSeries and see about increasing participation.

I have no idea either before someone thinks I have inside information haha! I'm not going to New York (Working at a college and enrolment week, "Hello darkness my old friend"). But my bet would be the W Series.
Japanese are not so interested in gender issues and diversity as the west, so it seems unlikely to me. Don't want to stir controversy here, but are there any women racing in the top or near top split in any region? I recall racing against one this year (she was extremely dirty and told me I was pissed off because I lost to a woman, lol). Anyway, I'm a believer in "racing is for everyone" and would like to see women competing with the top guys.

Japanese are not so interested in gender issues and diversity as the west, so it seems unlikely to me. Don't want to stir controversy here, but are there any women racing in the top or near top split in any region? I recall racing against one this year (she was extremely dirty and told me I was pissed off because I lost to a woman, lol). Anyway, I'm a believer in "racing is for everyone" and would like to see women competing with the top guys.

PD/FIA are interested in it, trust me on that :). But there's been a few from memory there was Faiza (I think that was her name) who made a GT Academy national final and there was also someone from Thailand.

W Series is a great idea!!! Gran Turismo is a brand that has influenced an entire generation, why not now revolutionize with something feminist? It would be fantastic
No good idea, it makes love story between drivers after races

I think it has too be a racing series, probably formula e
Formula e races in New York, so y’all predicting the return of New York might not be entirely wrong, or right either...
Whatever it is, it’s gonna be featured somehow in the nations final. It’s completely tba, so new track plus formula e totally possible.
I doubt it’s Redbull, because they have been pseudo partners for a while, and are kinda like Nissan in that sense. Upping the partnership is unlikely and unnecessary. I’ve heard Chevy, but I doubt that they will be anything but the cover car for the next GT. IMSA would be cool, but I doubt it. It could be NASCAR, because they were mentioned in the credits, but I doubt they would include that in FIA, and NASCAR already has 2 official leagues. So I think it’s probably Formula E

I wounder what new partership will happen. It could be both a good or bad thing. It would be Nice to see some more cars revealed at the event for next update

HOLD ON! Remember the Catalunya event? That had the first reveal of the ETCR SEAT. There wasn't a big news thing about it, but I knew.
http://www.tcr-series.com/news/item/wsc-technology-launches-the-etcr-series
Also, Williams Advanced Engineering are supplying the batteries
Hyundai are launching an ETCR in September
https://e-racing365.com/category/e-tcr/

Would Formula E and ETCR be too much for PDI to work with?

The Gr.4 FF cars, are similar to TCR/WTCR. Plus, we have had Daily Races mimicking TCR Japan(a Gr.4 FF race at Autopolis). Will launching something like this be New York worthy? It's the fastest growing racing series in the world and it's brand relevant. I don't know, but it would be a big deal depending what driver(s) are involved.

I also had a thought of NASCAR, as they've been known to parade around Times Square. NASCAR do Race at The Glen, but it's a tough one to call.

Events? Plural? I know he was at Nurb but I don't think hanging out at the GTS event was his first choice though; there was a problem with his racing licence (not being issued) so he went to check out the GTS event. I'm not saying you're wrong but if there is anyone that Kaz isn't going to turn away (and maybe see an opportunity) its going to be an actual racing driver.

View attachment 843736

Ah yes, the Shadow Realm partnership where we are all garanteed 6th place

I think it will be Formula E, honestly, however the W Series seemed to be very popular at Brands Hatch last weekend, so it seems to be a good one to look out for, for the future... (the future of racing that is).

20190811_163034.jpg

A
W Series is a great idea!!! Gran Turismo is a brand that has influenced an entire generation, why not now revolutionize with something feminist? It would be fantastic
Nah, that would kinda convolute everything wouldn’t it? Imagine if at the next FIA event, they start off with the W series, which would presumably be only available for women, and then have the main event that, if trends continue, would only have dudes. They would get bigger trophies/a better prize, and you know somebody’s gonna cry sexism. Besides, F3 cars would be a pretty boring choice of vehicle to add to the game, with us already have Super Formula. I would much rather have Formula E or IndyCar added to the game.

Back