New Gran Turismo Partnership to be Revealed at New York Event

Partnership with DC and WB. So I can finally get the Batmobile from 89 92 in game.:P

A

Nah, that would kinda convolute everything wouldn’t it? Imagine if at the next FIA event, they start off with the W series, which would presumably be only available for women, and then have the main event that, if trends continue, would only have dudes. They would get bigger trophies/a better prize, and you know somebody’s gonna cry sexism. Besides, F3 cars would be a pretty boring choice of vehicle to add to the game, with us already have Super Formula. I would much rather have Formula E or IndyCar added to the game.
Yeah Indy would be cool in GT. It’s fun in PC2

Partnership with Yamaha so we can finally get a motobike in Gran Turismo or Tourist Trophy:bowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes you think that?

The Launch/Announcement at Spa announced that GT Sport was going to be the eSports platform for Motorsport Games.

Also, Formula-E in Gran Turismo won't happen any time soon, the RFactor deal is exclusive from what I understand.

I don’t see that point anywhere actually. The fact that cars don’t have a gender doesn’t mean that W Series or a women’s esports series wouldn’t have a place in GT Sport.
How about this for reasoning: the reason for the W Series is to put spotlight on female drivers in a sport lacking in female representation. This is justifiable in racing because of how many outside factors that take place In getting a top ride, such as sponsorship and connections. In GT Sport, none of that matters. It is literally 100 percent skill based. Unless the penalty system is sexist, I really don’t see a point to a female only series in Gran Turismo. Besides, you know how easy it is to lie about your gender? Assuming it’s run like the current FIA series, you know at least half of the leaderboard is just gonna be dudes with alt. accounts

Reliant_Robin
Robin Reliant exclusive championship!
reliant-robin-1.jpg

Not representing women is also a political position. So it’s nothing to criticize, it’s something that adds up
But they aren’t excluded women... it’s not a political position to have a 100 percent open, 100 percent skill based series where gender doesn’t matter.

But they aren’t excluded women... it’s not a political position to have a 100 percent open, 100 percent skill based series where gender doesn’t matter.
Exactly, and the fact that there are no women is because the games do not appeal to them, so it is a good idea to create a program to approach and provoke interest among women

Exactly, and the fact that there are no women is because the games do not appeal to them, so it is a good idea to create a program to approach and provoke interest among women
Maybe from a marketing standpoint, but how do you make this work? Assuming it works like the current FIA, you know half the accounts are gonna be dudes with alts. Imagine the disaster if everyone who qualified for the W series was actually a dude. That would get headlines for all the wrong reasons. But either way F3 is just a really boring series to add to the game. They could add Formula E, IndyCar, DPi, NASCAR, DTM, etc. to the game. F3 would be redundant with Super Formula in the game.

The Launch/Announcement at Spa announced that GT Sport was going to be the eSports platform for Motorsport Games.

Also, Formula-E in Gran Turismo won't happen any time soon, the RFactor deal is exclusive from what I understand.

Yeah. Even if it wasn't exclusive, I'd imagine that it'd take a while for it to be integrated, especially with the neat stuff in Formula E like its qualifying system and the Attack Mode mechanic. (Idk if they genuinely plan to integrate FanBoost, though.)

How about this for reasoning: the reason for the W Series is to put spotlight on female drivers in a sport lacking in female representation. This is justifiable in racing because of how many outside factors that take place In getting a top ride, such as sponsorship and connections. In GT Sport, none of that matters. It is literally 100 percent skill based. Unless the penalty system is sexist, I really don’t see a point to a female only series in Gran Turismo. Besides, you know how easy it is to lie about your gender? Assuming it’s run like the current FIA series, you know at least half of the leaderboard is just gonna be dudes with alt. accounts

One could argue that bringing W Series to a popular racing game would would add some more power to that spotlight. Or it could be a way to make more female gamers pick up GT Sport. Both are perfectly justifiable reasons, you don't need to show that the game is sexist in some way to justify it.

Verification can be done by asking the top players to submit a passport copy before inviting them to participate in the finals.

I can't guess but seeing so many people saying chevy got me thinking isen't it strange how chevy went with promoting the C7
Wanna have an ugly covered version of the car? Ok
The final prototype? Yes
The production model as the cover car of your next game? Hell Yea!
ZO6 ? Nah
ZR1? Ain't Happening
C7.R? 🤬 NO!
Full Super GT line up?
what do you mean by full?.

Last edited:
One could argue that bringing W Series to a popular racing game would would add some more power to that spotlight. Or it could be a way to make more female gamers pick up GT Sport. Both are perfectly justifiable reasons, you don't need to show that the game is sexist in some way to justify it.

Verification can be done by asking the top players to submit a passport copy before inviting them to participate in the finals.
But at that point how many people participate? You see maybe a couple thousand people who actually participate in each FIA season seriously. You take the much smaller woman demographic, combined with a more complicated entry process, and you might get 300 people who actually participate seriously. My main point however is that W series would be a boring choice. To a majority of the fan base it’s just adding F3 cars, which is a pretty boring choice.

So you’re saying this Female racing league would be dominated by men pretending to be women?

Isn’t that happening in real life athletics as well? lmao

So you’re saying this Female racing league would be dominated by men pretending to be women?

Isn’t that happening in real life athletics as well? lmao
Well you can’t exactly enforce “only women” when you can literally change your gender with the push of a button on psn.

But at that point how many people participate? You see maybe a couple thousand people who actually participate in each FIA season seriously. You take the much smaller woman demographic, combined with a more complicated entry process, and you might get 300 people who actually participate seriously. My main point however is that W series would be a boring choice. To a majority of the fan base it’s just adding F3 cars, which is a pretty boring choice.

I don’t know about that. It would fill a gap between karts and SF cars in the open wheel segment.

I don’t see that point anywhere actually. The fact that cars don’t have a gender doesn’t mean that W Series or a women’s esports series wouldn’t have a place in GT Sport.

You failt to see the point I was trying to make I guess.

I don’t know about that. It would fill a gap between karts and SF cars in the open wheel segment.
We have the Red Bull Junior, which is pretty close to an F3. More importantly, Indy, DTM, Formula E, NASCAR, would all be more interesting choices imo

As underwhelming as pretty much almost every GTS update this year?

Flame shield up

That depends on your opinion of the updates. I think they were decent but I would prefer new tracks instead of cars.

I didn't like the change to the physics.

But at least updates = new content.

Partnership might as well be just PR with little to no impact on my enjoyment of the game. I'll wait and see.

The guest driver is going to be Jackie Stewart. The announcement will be his involvement with a new offline Beetle championship.

Now when thinking about it. If they made a partership with koenigsegg that would be something, to me the best thing that could ever happen in gts, i don’t think it will happen but a man can hope

Reading this thread, I myself agree that F:E would be interesting. However, assuming PD goes full buck and even added a few of their tracks, I can't help but wonder if the online racing would actually be good. F:E driving and tracks are notoriously similar to large-scale karts, and I don't think it would translate into a fun experience given how narrow and winding most tracks are.

Way more likely for it to be a signular team or motorsport outfit, but I'm excited to see the reveal.

Back